Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

driver100 said:

We have been watching Goliath on Prime. I like Billy Bob Thornton's 65 Mustang he drives around in....amazing the car still runs:

Great show.....love it and Billie Bob’s Mustang. 2nd season was pretty gruesome, though!
    Only watched 2 episodes of season 2 so far....but, don't like gruesome too much. That is one thing I don't like, the strong language isn't that necessary....I mean are there people that have such a poor grasp of English they have to use 4 letter words to make sentences.......and there have been fine mystery and cop shows that don't have to show violent murders. Oh well, it has lots of good points....and I love that Mustang. Though, this season he was given a Prius which he hates.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    fintail said:

Still a "Supercamry" then, just more super than before ;)

dino001 said:

There is a difference. Avalon is a made from modified Camry platform (stretched). In early years, ES used to be a rebadged and reworked Camry (almost "the same car", just better made overall, e.g. more welds). Over time, the differences became bigger and bigger. However, seems like the wheelbase, most important dimension for platform, is still identical between ES and Camry, even if other dimensions diverged a bit.

Yep. I just meant to say it's Supercamry, not Superavalon.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

driver100 said:

But the manufacturer loves to sell you another car.....but, I don't feel like buying the same car twice. I had a 2012 BMW 535, when I looked at a 2015 535 it hadn't changed at all. I already bought it in my favorite color....not much fun in getting another one exactly the same and getting a worse color like jmonroe did :'(

I went with the Mercedes, I liked it better, but, there is a good chance I wouldn't even have looked at the Mercedes if the 535 had changed enough for me to want another one.

Another solution - don't buy as often. If you wait four years, not three they will look different. Usual refresh cycle is about 3-4 years for the face and double for the platform.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

I was watching tennis from Cincinnati and the games were sponsored partly by Peugeot ...... there were banners on the courts. I think this is one model they would start with;

They always find some ways to make quirky designs......that line from the lights running up the hood.......

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited August 2018
    Driver100 went to England to watch tennis. That got me interested in going to Russia to a car show.

But the weather wasn't great on Saturday so I passed for this year at least.

http://cruizersbarandgrill.com/

This was last year's winner (from the http://cruizersbarandgrill.com/car_show_pictures_for_hospice group).
    I know this car. A 289 cu in rebuilt on a frame from a 289 engine.

In case anyone missed it, the show is annual in Russia, Ohio.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    thebean said:

You missed one - 1890: @abacomike & @ab348 born. B)

Hey now!!!

Surely you have me confused with either @driver100 or @jmonroe . :o

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

bwia said:

Mike, I think you mentioned that you might consider a Buick in your next purchase decision. Well, the Buick Regal GS might fit the bill. It is smooth, quiet, has good road manners and powerful. With all the latest tech and safety features all packaged in a pleasing exterior and interior design. It is worth a look-see. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I admit to being pretty much a GM fanboy but I was unpleasantly surprised by the new Regal. Unattractive to my eye and the interior looked rather cheap. Big disappointment.

edited August 2018
    dino001 said:

It was really frustrating sifting through the inventory at that time, as I felt I was a hostage to the local order manager's taste and gut feel. To anybody's assertion "they ordered what sold" I say that you could see huge differences between inventory of the same models at dealerships in the same metro area. One would have almost exclusively run-the-mill lease specials (non-offending colored strippers), another would be exact opposite - everything loaded to the gills and perhaps just a few strippers. This tells me "what sells" was mostly in managers' heads and had not that much to do actual market research. It might be based on some previous transaction records, but that can be very self-fulfilling.

We have that here with our local domestic-model dealers. You cannot find a car in their inventory without a black interior unless it is a model that does not offer black (there used to be a couple of those, not sure now). They use the "that's what sells" argument and I think it is BS. I think about half the Mustangs the Ford dealers have in stock are black over black. Really unfortunate.

I saw what is surely a local unicorn today in a parking lot, a black Cruze that did not have a black interior, but instead had beige inside. Must have been a special order.

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

But the manufacturer loves to sell you another car.....but, I don't feel like buying the same car twice. I had a 2012 BMW 535, when I looked at a 2015 535 it hadn't changed at all. I already bought it in my favorite color....not much fun in getting another one exactly the same and getting a worse color like jmonroe did :'(

I went with the Mercedes, I liked it better, but, there is a good chance I wouldn't even have looked at the Mercedes if the 535 had changed enough for me to want another one.

Another solution - don't buy as often. If you wait four years, not three they will look different. Usual refresh cycle is about 3-4 years for the face and double for the platform.
    I think BMW takes longer...at least on some models. There are subtle differences on a 2018 535 compared to my 2012, but to most people it looks the same....even the inside seems pretty much the same.

When I got my 2000 Jeep Cherokee the salesman said a guy buys a new one every 2 years.....even though they never change. There is a bit of charm to that, especially with the Cherokee which ran like an old nostalgic car anyway......but, when you get a luxury car you expect there to be some major changes.

driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

I think BMW takes longer...at least on some models. There are subtle differences on a 2018 535 compared to my 2012, but to most people it looks the same....even the inside seems pretty much the same.

When I got my 2000 Jeep Cherokee the salesman said a guy buys a new one every 2 years.....even though they never change. There is a bit of charm to that, especially with the Cherokee which ran like an old nostalgic car anyway......but, when you get a luxury car you expect there to be some major changes.
    It's true, BMW's "face lifts" can sometimes be so subtle, you can't see it at first.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Driver100 went to England to watch tennis. That got me interested in going to Russia to a car show.

You had me going imid....i thought maybe you went to Russia to see the annual St Petersburg Car Show....

driver100 said:

I was watching tennis from Cincinnati and the games were sponsored partly by Peugeot ...... there were banners on the courts. I think this is one model they would start with;

They always find some ways to make quirky designs......that line from the lights running up the hood.......

Peugeot is coming back to the US? That's interesting... I wonder if they also bring Citroen (same corp.), but I doubt it. Those used to be very unique and advanced vehicles, but it all ended 20 years ago.

I don't think they'll succeed. Their stuff is expensive and the quality of the mechanicals may not be in par with expectations. American consumer is very unforgiving when it comes to post-sale service. They don't mind gaps and cheap plastics (if the price is low enough), but they want long warranties and "open source" maintenance - exact opposite from what's in Europe (great fit and finish and highway robbery during service, short warranties, too). I just don't see French executives getting American consumer, unless they steal some people from Nissan (Renault group) to run the expansion.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

It's true, BMW's "face lifts" can sometimes be so subtle, you can't see it at first.
    btw Dino....I saw a 435 yesterday that I really liked...it was in that Brilliant Blue color. I believe it was this model;

It looks like it is the same size as a 335.....is it or is a 4 series larger?
    It doesn't look like it has a hatchback...in fact it looks like a sedan, but I am pretty sure the 4 Series is a hatch.
    Is there another model that comes with a hatch....but the trunk is much higher....seems to me I have seen a 4 Series like that too?

edited August 2018
    driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

btw Dino....I saw a 435 yesterday that I really liked...it was in that Brilliant Blue color. I believe it was this model;

It doesn't look like it has a hatchback...in fact it looks like a sedan, but I am pretty sure the 4 Series is a hatch.
    Is there another model that comes with a hatch....but the trunk is much higher....seems to me I have seen a 4 Series like that too?
    This is 335 or 340, depending on the year. Look at the rear quarter panel. 4-series has a different shape of the rear window, which is behind the door, as opposed to 3-series being part of the door. Also, notice the front quarterpanel "gill" in the 4-series GC, missing in your picture.

4-series is what used to be coupe/convertible 3-series. 4-series Grand Coupe starts as coupe and then builds up the rear. for the second set of doors and rear hatch. It also has frameless doors, just like the coupe does (you can see it in the center pillar). Sizewise 3 and 4 series they are nearly the same. I think 4-series has slightly wider wheeltrack. BTW, I love this color.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

driver100 said:

You had me going imid....i thought maybe you went to Russia to see the annual St Petersburg Car Show....

I had hoped to go and post my own pictures from Russia. But if we every travel east, I'll stop in Toronto, and look around, Toronto, Ohio, that is. It's on the east coast of Ohio.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,790

I had hoped to go and post my own pictures from Russia. But if we every travel east, I'll stop in Toronto, and look around, Toronto, Ohio, that is. It's on the east coast of Ohio.

Hahah; quite the world traveler!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    The main difference between the F10 and G30, is that you run a much smaller risk of being bored to death while driving the G30. That said, while the G30 is a nice enough sedan, it's still a considerable stretch to call it "sporty." There's no F10 I'd want to own, but I'd gladly take a new F90 M5 if money was no object.
    Maybe I'll want to own a Novocaine-infused sedan in 10-15 years, but at 61 I still want something that makes me smile when I get behind the wheel.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    I saw half a Lamborghini driving down the road today.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,388
    Air quality index in Seattle has reached "unhealthy" levels at 184 due to wildfire smoke. Air quality here is 3x worse than it is in Beijing. Sam is not allowed outside to play at school, and I'm likely going to need to acquire an N95 mask if I want to go outside.

I can see the smoke and particulate floating around outside and visibility is greatly reduced. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I continue to get 6-7 robot calls a day on my landline phone and 3-4 on my cell phone.  These come in the form of “final” arrangement insurance, extended warranties on cars that I no longer own, viruses identified on my computer, knee and back braces, IRS criminal lawsuits against me, credit card balance reductions, home security systems, police and fire memorial funds for injured and deceased first responders, etc.  I got a new one today stating they had a job offer for me.

This has gotten out of hand.  My phones don’t pick up the scam calls because they come through to me using my own area code.  There has to be a way to stop these constant calls.  Thank goodness my HOA is eliminating the requirement for a land line phone effective October 31st.  I can cancel my ATT landline that costs over $40 a month - and I never use the phone.

These calls invade our privacy - the States Attorney should pursue legislation to end this maddness.   :(

2021 Genesis G90

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Air quality index in Seattle has reached "unhealthy" levels at 184 due to wildfire smoke. Air quality here is 3x worse than it is in Beijing. Sam is not allowed outside to play at school, and I'm likely going to need to acquire an N95 mask if I want to go outside. I can see the smoke and particulate floating around outside and visibility is greatly reduced. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.
    My son told me that due to the fire up in Idyllwild at the beginning of August (a town about 6000-8000 feet above Palm Springs), they had ash falling all over the desert cities in the Coachella Valley and recommended that people wear masks and stay indoors.

When I lived in the desert, I remember several times when the air pollution got so bad I had to cancel recess for my school.  I know what you are going through, FF.

2021 Genesis G90

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    Have bin  in joying. Reading all 
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    When we moved I kept my old cell number out of laziness. Now it’s a useful identifier of scam calls. If I see a call from that area code I don’t answer it, and later block the call. It keeps the number down but I still get at least 1 a day. Such a nuisance!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    My iPhone, which never had an issue after the switchover, suddenly won't let me into the forums.It takes me to the old forums login screen which fails of course (why is that still even an option?) and when I try to use the Insider sign in I cannot get the phone to scroll to the bottom of that page to get to the "Sign in" small print (PLEASE fix that!). I finally went to the main Edmunds page, signed in as an Insider there, and still couldn't get recognized in the forums. Any suggestions on how to do this with an iPhone?

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited August 2018

Air quality index in Seattle has reached "unhealthy" levels at 184 due to wildfire smoke. Air quality here is 3x worse than it is in Beijing. Sam is not allowed outside to play at school, and I'm likely going to need to acquire an N95 mask if I want to go outside.

I can see the smoke and particulate floating around outside and visibility is greatly reduced. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Snowbird friends of ours who are in Minneapolis for the summer are even experiencing smokey air from the wildfires. Really a tragic situation for Ca. and others. The jet stream patterns have evidently have saved us some degree of bad air, here in ‘zona, from those fires. We have enough bad air related issues as it is.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited August 2018
    abacomike said:

I continue to get 6-7 robot calls a day on my landline phone and 3-4 on my cell phone.  These come in the form of “final” arrangement insurance, extended warranties on cars that I no longer own, viruses identified on my computer, knee and back braces, IRS criminal lawsuits against me, credit card balance reductions, home security systems, police and fire memorial funds for injured and deceased first responders, etc.  I got a new one today stating they had a job offer for me.

This has gotten out of hand.  My phones don’t pick up the scam calls because they come through to me using my own area code.  There has to be a way to stop these constant calls.  Thank goodness my HOA is eliminating the requirement for a land line phone effective October 31st.  I can cancel my ATT landline that costs over $40 a month - and I never use the phone.

These calls invade our privacy - the States Attorney should pursue legislation to end this maddness.   :(

Between the political phone calls and the aforementioned spam calls, it is just amazing that they can get away with it, including the ineffective so-called “do not call list”. While I’m at it, let me also mention the scourge of political signs on street corners, being tolerated for up to six months, but kids with a lemonade stand sign would get ticketed. :@

edited August 2018
    We were going to use our landline for RSVP calls for the rehearsal dinner for son's wedding. Realized we didn't want to take off the Sentry call blocker where everyone not approved gets a recording to Press "0" followed by hanging up and calling back to get through to the real phone. LOL So folks are to use email. In early October all the political calls will be rampant. Already got a personal phone call from a well known pol this evening; just see the caller ID since i didn't answer. Of course it doesn't even ring; the phone just lights up and Sentry intercepts the call.

For the cell phone, I see references to NoMoRobo. It even has a site for when I check phone numbers who called on the internet to see if they're known spammers. I just have a call blocker (free) on my cell phone set to allow calls from my contacts and NOT from my area code and prefix for the cell phone. I put my area code and my 3 digit prefix into the block list. It blocks all numbers in that exchange!

And That blocks most of the spammers who now use the same area code and exchange to fool you into answering.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    Back from our trip to my niece's wedding in Charlevoix MI.
    What a beautiful place, at least at this time of year.
    Lake Michigan is pristine, you can see at least 20 feet down.
    Too bad it's a 1000 miles away.
    Biggest surprise was getting some water in my mouth while swimming, from a boat wake and it wasn't salty.
    Drive up involved picking my 2 kids in a couple of places(Cleveland and Detroit), plus transporting 20+ cases of beer(another stop) to the wedding venue.
    Ended up swapping my F 150 for my son in law's Explorer.
    Put the 17CuFt Thule on the top to hold the luggage for 4 people, so we had room the cases of beer bottles.
    I had a 2011 Explorer, so same body style, but they have made a lot of improvements.
    Pretty impressed with it. Spent a lot of miles on I-75 which has the same number for a speed limit.
    The later sunrises and sunsets were an adjustment.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    edited August 2018
    I didn't jog today, didn't like the smell or potential hazards, and I noticed a little residue on my car today. Lovely summer in Seattle:

Maybe even exacerbated by stagnant air and traffic emissions too, - dumdum traffic management can't help. It gives me that winter inversion feeling.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    Those spam calls mostly originate overseas. They are relayed (via the internet) to a server somewhere here in the states which then places the call to your number. Your local / state / federal government is fairly powerless to stop a spam call originating from Romania. I'm afraid the situation is going to get worse before (or if) it gets better.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    abacomike said:

I get several calls a day on my cell phone. My solution is if it's not in my contacts it goes to voice mail. 

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    fintail said:

I didn't jog today, didn't like the smell or potential hazards, and I noticed a little residue on my car today. Lovely summer in Seattle:

Maybe even exacerbated by stagnant air and traffic emissions too, - dumdum traffic management can't help. It gives me that winter inversion feeling.

Everyone needs to buy a Tesla and thus save the world. Didn't you get the memo? B)
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited August 2018
    Speaking of spam and robbo calls my sister-inlaw was a victim of one of those IRS scams. They took her for an easy $1,100. 
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    I just don't answer the phone. our landline (I still have it for work calls) has caller ID. Rings often during the day. I ignore it. if it happens to be someone I want to talk to that starts to leave a message, I can pick up. the cell, those calls are annoying but same thing. Not in contacts, let it bounce. almost never get a VM though.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

You can really impress people when you tell them all the places have you been....we have a London Ontario and a Paris Ontario.

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

This is 335 or 340, depending on the year. Look at the rear quarter panel. 4-series has a different shape of the rear window, which is behind the door, as opposed to 3-series being part of the door. Also, notice the front quarterpanel "gill" in the 4-series GC, missing in your picture.

4-series is what used to be coupe/convertible 3-series. 4-series Grand Coupe starts as coupe and then builds up the rear. for the second set of doors and rear hatch. It also has frameless doors, just like the coupe does (you can see it in the center pillar). Sizewise 3 and 4 series they are nearly the same. I think 4-series has slightly wider wheeltrack. BTW, I love this color.

Thanks for the info Dino....interesting subtle changes. You have to really be aware to notice those differences.

driver100 said:
    Driver100 went to England to watch tennis. That got me interested in going to Russia to a car show. But the weather wasn't great on Saturday so I passed for this year at least. http://cruizersbarandgrill.com/ In case anyone missed it, the show is annual in Russia, Ohio.
    You can really impress people when you tell them all the places have you been....we have a London Ontario and a Paris Ontario.
    I can tell people I've been to Hell.

https://www.gotohellmi.com

edited August 2018
    fintail said:

Wow; that's intense. I have never seen anything like that in the Seattle area. It looks a lot like a summer day in Fairbanks if we get a fire nearby (which is most summers... but not this one!), or a very cold winter day when the inversion is about 150' off the ground.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited August 2018
    bwia said:

Speaking of spam and robbo calls my sister-inlaw was a victim of one of those IRS scams. They took her for an easy $1,100. 

Ouch. :(
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    edited August 2018
    I think it is at least as bad as last year, which was the worst in recent memory. Within the hour there has been ash/particulate matter falling outside my window, too. This afternoon you could look directly at the sun without issue, a faint disc buried in the murk.

The worst part is that today would be a perfect 85F sunny day without the smoke, summer day wasted.
    xwesx said:

Wow; that's intense. I have never seen anything like that in the Seattle area. It looks a lot like a summer day in Fairbanks if we get a fire nearby (which is most summers... but not this one!), or a very cold winter day when the inversion is about 150' off the ground.

Wife and I were just talking about the fact that if it rains 8-9 months a year and then two months of otherwise clear summer weather is marred by wildfire particulate, what’s left?
    Wife and I were just talking about the fact that if it rains 8-9 months a year and then two months of otherwise clear summer weather is marred by wildfire particulate, what’s left?
    3:14 AM to 3:17 AM the third Thursday in September. Enjoy it.

stickguy said:
    I just don't answer the phone. our landline (I still have it for work calls) has caller ID. Rings often during the day. I ignore it. if it happens to be someone I want to talk to that starts to leave a message, I can pick up. the cell, those calls are annoying but same thing. Not in contacts, let it bounce. almost never get a VM though.
    I was thinking about this, most cell phones have a do not disturb option on them. I know that on mine, a samsung Galaxy, I can set it to allow only calls from my contact list and have all others sent directly to voice mail without ringing my phone. You could try that.

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    ab348 said:

My iPhone, which never had an issue after the switchover, suddenly won't let me into the forums.It takes me to the old forums login screen which fails of course (why is that still even an option?) and when I try to use the Insider sign in I cannot get the phone to scroll to the bottom of that page to get to the "Sign in" small print (PLEASE fix that!). I finally went to the main Edmunds page, signed in as an Insider there, and still couldn't get recognized in the forums. Any suggestions on how to do this with an iPhone?

@ab348, I'm having the exact same problem trying to log in from my iPhone. Can't get down to the sign in at the bottom of the screen. Very frustrating. I'm logged in on my iPad but not the iPhone.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    3:14 AM to 3:17 AM the third Thursday in September. Enjoy it.
    Kinda how it feels. 
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517

moving.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029
    Those are distressing pictures of the Seattle skyline.

I remember when we had some major forest fires here in CO; while the smoke and ash weren't that bad, folks still had a hard time breathing and it was suggested that they stay indoors.

Seattle is a lovely city, when the weather is nice. I think my first trip there was in November many years ago, and the temperature didn't fluctuate between 55 and 60 the whole week - day, night, it didn't matter. Persistent drizzle, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

It was pretty nice when I moved here 6 years ago, but has been steadily getting more extreme weather wise. Each year the summer air quality has been worse than the year before. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

It was pretty nice when I moved here 6 years ago, but has been steadily getting more extreme weather wise. Each year the summer air quality has been worse than the year before. 

You've been there 6 years already? Sheesh, it didn't seem like that long ago you were moving there.

I'm getting old. Just realized that it's been 25 years, this month, that I moved from CA to CO.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited August 2018
    Man, I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube reviewing the Ford Focus ST.

"The Focus RS has 100 more horsepower and a drive system that is called a GKN all-wheel drive system. It has a Twinster twin-clutch system. In Ford's drift mode, the AWD system delivers even more torque to the rear axle, delivering enough torque to the rear wheels for the RS to achieve a controlled "drift" through corners." The RS retails for around $41,000.

But the more inexpensive Ford Focus ST retails for something more like $25,000 and gets excellent reviews on YouTube, too. I really like the Ford Focus ST.

2018 is the last year Ford will offer the Focus ST in America.

I have also been looking at my other current favorite, the Nissan Sentra. My latest idea is to get a slightly used Nissan Sentra SR Turbo 6-speed. Here's one - a manufacturer buyback - at Bill Luke Chrysler in Tempe.

I've decided that I like the grey on the Sentra SR Turbo. It's got 7,686 miles on it. It's engine has 188hp, it is a 6-speed stick, sunroof, metal accents on the interior, rear view camera and it has the foglights up front. I pulled in to a Del Taco following one of these cars in black and it had my eye following it in. Looked nice. They incorrectly added NISMO on to the end of Turbo in one of their written descriptions of the car. It's not a NISMO - once again the dealer doesn't know what kind of car they're selling. It's price is $12,000 and this one even has heated front seats. I looked at the CarFax and wanted to see what the buyback was for. The owner had to take it in to get an oxygen sensor replaced and then apparently was annoyed about a check engine light. I have read up on manufacturer buybacks and apparently it doesn't always mean the rig is "cursed". Sometimes the car gets blamed for a dealer's service center waiting longer than usual for a part to come in, sometimes the service center doesn't fix a problem properly, etc. It's not just the car breaking down repeatedly leading to the "lemon" designation. The fix has been made already - more than just a few potential buyers would gawk and balk at the buyback designation and leave this one alone. It's heading to auction soon, the dealer says. These cars retail for $22,600. If I were to head to Tempe, AZ, from here to go test drive this car and I liked it, I would offer $11,000 tops and ask for a 6-year, 60,000 mile powertrain Warranty on this pup. If they would oblige me there, I'd trade in the Soul and get it. The Mrs. wants us to wait till my next birthday when I turn 60 and begin collecting my Boeing pension monthly payments, save for 12 months, then buy our next car in cash completely. Dave Ramsay philosophy - he absolutely has a conniption fit if someone buys a car over time. We took the 2011 Kia Soul in today and I wanted an oil change, plugs, plug wires, possibly a fuel filter and possibly an air filter. Martin Tire had me out the door with only an oil change. These guys are great - I love an honest tire and repair shop. I took my '08 Lancer GTS there and then this car after the '08 Lancer GTS' engine blew to smithereens. The Soul has 103,345 miles on it and yes, it's running well. It broke down a month or so ago and needed a crankcase sensor sending unit replaced to the tune of $360.61. All's well now - I'm ready to trade and take on a 60-month note. She's not. I know modern cars will go 150,000 miles now and really could go and should go 175,000 miles. The Kia Soul also broke down a year ago in Wenatchee - it turned out ta be a bad ignition switch and Wenatchee Kia had us fixed for only about $265 that time IIRC. Our Enterprise rental van - a 2017 Dodge Caravan GT, costed more by about a hundred dollars than the ignition switch repair came to! Truth be told - I'm getting more serious about trading in, y'all.

Whenever I really get serious about buying my next rig it'll be one of these babies. The 2013 Ford Focus ST with 61,000 miles on it selling for only $11,500 is gone from it's spot downtown here in Alamogordo. As it turns out, $11,500 is beyond a fair selling price for the hot-hatch. I think I would love driving the Focus ST - YouTube reviewers sometimes yelp in excitement as they drive the car - two or three of them have!

Would anyone yelp in excitement driving a 2017 Nissan Sentra SR Turbo 6-speed? Ahh...I might. ;)

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick