Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1998 Olds Intrigue vent flow issue

jt7000jt7000 Member Posts: 3

1998 olds intrigue heat/ac vent flow issue. NOT dual climate!!.
Issue is air blowing from ALL vents floor dash and defrost area. I have taken out the glove box, duct shrouds, and anything i could remove under drivers side to find the actuator...there is NO i repeat NO actuator in any of those locations. It does not matter which button I push the air flow does not change it comes out of all areas. I have been trying to fix this for almost a year now! Please how do I fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• jt7000jt7000 Member Posts: 3

Thank you for the response! It has been the best information received. Have it narrowed down to as you said #46 replacing part later today. Cross fingers for me :smile:

Thank you for the response! It has been the best information received. Have it narrowed down to as you said #46 replacing part later today. Cross fingers for me :smile:

@imidazol97 said:
    Note you can click on the "enlarge picture" and get a full size diagram that can be printed.

@imidazol97 - hi and thank you for your help and response. I did change the (#46) mode door but no change heat a/c is still coming through all vents (floor, dash, defrost) all at once with no real force. Using the defrost only (there is a button on the dash controls) it does work and with just the defrost button pushed the air ONLY comes out the defrost vent. Since I changed (#46) mode door with no change I can only figure it to be either the vacuum though air pushed through the interior vacuum line (in "reverse") works (which doesn't make sense to me) or #49 ACTUATOR. AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) Control. AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) Vacuum Control.

• Would hooking it to the computer tell me anything regarding the vacuum for this electric over vacuum system? Thank you in advance for any and all help, advice, thoughts all are greatly appreciated!