Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subtle Heritage Cues - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Jaguar
imageSubtle Heritage Cues - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Heritage styling cues of the 2015 Jaguar F-Type.

Read the full story here

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827

If there's one unanimous thought about the F-Type's exterior design, it is that Jaguar did a great job. Thanks for this cool post; as you said, knowing what's behind some of the design elements makes it all the more enticing.

• hybrishybris Member Posts: 365

I love the new Jag. But I will say that one thing that really draws me to the older car is the overall stance. Its the body is short and long but there is considerable ground clearance which to me means that this can be driven and not necessarily babied every second of it life watching the road for potholes or curbs. This might be one reason why I am normally drawn towards trucks.

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445

That is the best view of the F type. Very nice modern interpretation of the E type.

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

@Hybris: I can't speak to the e-type, but I know that my '72 MGB-GT looks like it has plently of ground clearance, but the reality is that the center resonator for the exhaust is only a few inches off the ground and speed bumps are a constant threat to damage the center section. I actually had the back half of my exhaust completely ripped off exiting a steep drive last year where I thought I had sufficient clearance. Many B owners remove the resonator to gain a few extra inches of clearance.

• ek900ek900 Member Posts: 39

I've seen a few of these in person now and what I think the F-type lacks that the E-type had in spades is distinctiveness. Maybe with today's safety regs that is impossible, but IMHO is an ok looking but not terribly distinctive sports coupe. The E-type was a blow-your mind styling breakthrough that still stops traffic.

At the cost that it is, the F-type doesn't grab me on an emotional level and force me to lust after it. If I'd been driving in 1963, I'd have sold my house and lived in an E-type if necessary.

• boffboff Member Posts: 91

The heritage cue they are really missing on the F-type is a manual transmission. Otherwise I adore the car.