Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Accessories

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited August 2014 in Honda
What accessories and/or modifications have you added to your Accord?

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• lx_steallx_steal Member Posts: 45
    Can you say ebay?
  • dcfelladcfella Member Posts: 31
    Just added a 3 piece wings west spoiler, xenon bulbs, tints...thinking about projector lights i saw too.
  • gonzo1124gonzo1124 Member Posts: 27
    I have a 2001 LX and would like to install the keyless entry. Anyone knows what is required for this modification?
    Gonzo
  • bobgordonbobgordon Member Posts: 156
    The only thing I have added so far is the color matched door edge guards and the wheel well trim. Thinking about a spoiler.
    Gonzo, your car is already wired for keyless entry but the sensor might be rather expensive from the dealer. An after market system might be an option. Check with your dealer to see how much the keyless entry controller is, they might have a kit. Hope this helps.
  • sflorasflora Member Posts: 35
    Anyone know if it's possible to get the body-colored side skirts from the 2001 Accord EX installed on my 2000 SE? Would they fit, and would I be able to keep the splash guards I have on there now? If so, any idea of an approximate cost? I like the way they look, but I'm not sure how much I'd want to pay for the privilege.
  • gtlloogtlloo Member Posts: 8
    I have added color matched door edge guards, fenderwell trim, splash guards, chrome exhaust tips and the half nose mask to my white 01 Accord V6EX. Got the parts online from www.hparts.com who sell only genuine honda parts. They were definitely cheaper than what you would pay by buying form the parts dept of the dealership. There are other online parts dealers who sell genuine honda parts besides hpart.com. To Gonzo you should check out this website because I do remember seeing keyless entry available as an accessory plus they have a section that displays the installation instructions if you have an Adobe reader. To Sflora the skirts your are referring to are known as rocker panels. Generally speaking you should be able to get the part and install it yourself. All Accords pretty much has the same holes and mounting apparatus drilled in at the factory regardless of trim level. They do this in order to minimize production costs. So it is a matter of just removing the old part and putting in the new.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    I too have a 2001 LX and would like to install keyless entry. Do the Accord LX's all come pre-wired from the factory like my CRV LX and all I'd need to do is get the remote and program it? I tried the programming procedure on the Accord using my CRV remote and it didn't work, was hoping the remotes were identical and the Accord was pre-wired.
  • ravynravyn Member Posts: 101
    posted these before in the honda accord part 3 discussion, but here they are again for any new comers:

the first 2 are honda/acura exclusively:

http://www.ahmotor.com/

http://www.handa-accessories.com/

http://importparts.com/

plus the hparts.com mentioned above.

and always either do the installations yourself, or find an independent that you trust. dealers are WAAY too expensive.

i.e. they wanted to charge me $280+ to install my oem foglights, but i found someone to do them for a little under $100... and i installed my cold air intake myself.

• jared1195jared1195 Member Posts: 20
    My 2000 Accord EX came almost fully equipped when i bought it. It was sort of a promotional thing when they wanted to get rid of the older 2000 for the new 2001's. So i got everything including the spoiler, gold hood and trunk trim,gold emblems all throughout, sunroof, 12 disc CD changer,foglights. I am about to make a modification in the tail light and replacing it with Euro style Altezza Tailights which really looks very nice. And it just cost me a couple of hundred buck from Streetbeat.com. I have also installed the billeted grille which looks better than not having it installed. Along with that, i have installed an indiglo/whiteface gauge overlay which gives the car a sporty look, complementing the spoiler and the foglights. overall, the car really look stunning. Very different from the unmodified or unaccessorized Accord and it really is worth it. Plus most of the parts installed are original honda accessories. So you get comparable quality in all the parts all throughout. Oh, and add a wind deflector in the sunroof and your car is complete.
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Member Posts: 130
  • rapriderraprider Member Posts: 42
    or was you scoping out my ride ;)

rap
  • rapriderraprider Member Posts: 42
    if you're referring to the body molding kit, i think this fits into the same holes that the spalshguards would, and i dont think you can use both...at least, so i was told.

rap
  • sflorasflora Member Posts: 35
    I'm talking about the plastic strip about 3 or 4 inches wide at the bottom of the side panels on the Accord 4-doors. On 2000 Accords it's flat, but on the 2001's it's molded into more of a "wing" or "fin" shape. It's body-colored on the EX trim and black on the LX. Gtlloo calls them "rocker panels" in his post above - I seem to see this term used interchangeably with "side skirts" so I'm not sure which is correct to use. Are they are pretty much the same thing? The holes for the front splash guards are inside the wheel well, and don't appear to have anything to do with my current rocker panels, so I would think the only problem might be that the last few inches of the panel would not be flat enough for the guard to fit over it. If it'll fit, it seems like a nice but minor appearance upgrade - depends on the cost as to whether I'd actually do it.
    has anyone installed these on their i4-coupe? i'm thinking about it, but wondering about how to get behind the plastic in front.

i'm also looking for the razo titanium plate/stainless mesh series pedals: RT2-27. only found them on 2 sites, one included the footrest, which i don't need at the moment, and the other hasn't responded for pricing.
  • billiam70billiam70 Member Posts: 54
    Has anyone heard about when the subwoofer will become available for the Accords? According to the Accord brochure it was supposed to be an early 01 option but it seems to be taking longer.

Thanks.
  • briken9briken9 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2001 EX sedan. Is there a function on the climate control that allows me to just run the fan without heat or A/C or without seting a temperature setting? I can't seem to figure it out.
  • 151law151law Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Accord DX without ABS brakes. Would that be possible to add on one right now and at what cost? Thanks.
  • castagerecastagere Member Posts: 15
    I have a question regarding the front component speakers in the 2001 V-6 sedans. Does anyone know if there is a crossover that should be replaced if you buy new components? I have replaced the rear speakers and stereo. The wiring harness for the head unit does not indicate a crossover nearby but obviously it does split/double the wire to where the tweeters and woofers have their own positive and negative wires. I removed the entire door panel to see if there was a crossover in there but I could not find one, nor did I find one under the tweeter opening. I went ahead and purchased the components and was wondering if I should just slap the speakers in there and use whatever wiring/crossover is in there. I did, however, notice a small terminal in the trunk under the rear deck that had "TDK" written on it but with no other information labeled. The wiring did look similar to the front speakers. The factory speakers are Pioneer but are of moderate quality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Anyone put indigo gauges in their car? I just got mine in the mail today and was wondering how difficult it is to install. On a tangent, anyone know of a cheap insurance company around MD/VA? I've got geico now and they're screwing me, big time. I've got an accident coming off in september(3 points) and my policy runs out in august but they're not taking into account the points will be dropped a month from that and are charging me $2k for another 6 months(aug-feb).
    well, here's a link for installing the gauges:

http://windsrprk.home.mindspring.com/how-to.html#indiglo

and i've got statefarm in VA.. paying about $612/6 months. no accidents, one ticket (not speeding). really except for ABS, there aren't any discounts.. geico really screws you. when my 2 brothers (now way older) and i went off our dad's insurance, we all had perfect records, and geico STILL wanted to charge an arm and a leg above everyone else. guess they need the money for advertising to reel in the suckers.

thanks for the link..i'm putting on my gauges tomorrow i think. I was thinking of also getting underbody neon tubes after seeing how they looked on fast and the furious. btw, i've been calling around for insurance..there is NO WAY i'm gonna pay geico that amount of money...they'll have to find another sucker elsewhere
    found at http://www.ahmotor.com/product/ahmcat8.htm

scroll down to section K, and there's a listing:

Honda Accord (All) 98-01 $252.00

they're pretty helpful there too.

• erik713erik713 Member Posts: 14
    Hey, after you install the guages, could you let us know how easy/hard was it to install them? I'm thinking of doing it sometime in the future on my accord. Also, I would greatly benefit from anything you found out while doing it that isn't included in the article that's above us a few posts. Thanks! Good luck!

-Erik
    ravyn..thanks a bunch for that link..i think i'm gonna get a CAI after i get back from chicago in 3 weeks!

Erik...i'll be sure to let you know how it turns out after i put it in and how hard it was..hopefully i can do it by the weekend!
  • stevepakestevepake Member Posts: 21
    **** AEM CAI ******

$195

from http://www.autocarparts.com

The AEM Cold Air Intake cost me only $195 from AutoCarParts.com which is a good bit cheaper than the other site linked a few posts above.

The CAI will give you very nice gains from 3500RPM on up all the way up to redline. Under normal driving situations you don't even hear it and it's very quiet, but at moderate to heavy throttle and/or at high rpm's it gets much louder (although not *too* loud) and sounds very sporty and more like a V8 than a V6.

====================

** Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (IK16's) **

$80

from http://www.autocarparts.com

These plugs will increase the combustion efficency of your engine and give you better fuel mileage and more performance. A friend of mine has these and he dyno tested his car before and after the install. He gained 3HP peak, and 7lb-ft torque peak. But what's more significant is that he gained around 4-5HP and about 5-6 lb-ft torque throughout the ENTIRE RPM RANGE, so you'll get nice gains everywhere and not just on the top-end like with the CAI.

When I get mine installed I noticed very nice low-end gains and a little more power on the highway.

The plugs can be had for about $12/ea.

===============

OEM Half Nose Mask

from http://www.handaaccessories.com

I do a lot of highway driving so I got the OEM Half Nose Mask for my hood. It looks pretty nice, IMO. I forgot what the cost was but I think it was around $50.

================

I also plan on putting in a Front Strut Tower Brace from either Neuspeed or Comptech, and possibly larger sized front and rear sway bars as well.

Later down the road I'm going to install Comptech Headers and the UNIChip ECU Enhancer.

==================

FYI, I'm a moderator on SuperHonda Online's Accord V6 forum - the largest Accord/Accord V6 forum on the Internet. Please feel free to stop by the forum and take a look at all of the great information that we have to offer at:

http://superhonda.org/board/forumdisplay.php?forumid=11

actually i think i've seen you post on the hondasociety boards too. =)

i was wondering if you've seen the neuspeed front strut tower bar anywhere online for around $80 shipped? i had it for $82 at carparts.com with an importhookup.com coupon, but they seem to be out of stock, though still searching.

also, for the plugs, are you saying that the denso ones are $80, and generic are $12/ea?

p.s. you can find that cai cheaper still at modacar.com ($189-i believe) but i was just looking to see a listing that included the '01's.
  • stevepakestevepake Member Posts: 21
    I'm looking for the Neuspeed FSTB too. autocarparts.com has it for just over $100. I haven't seen it cheaper, but I haven't really looked hard either - I like autocarparts.com, even if it costs a bit more money - they have excellent service.

When I said $80 on the Denso Iridium plugs I meant for a set of 6 for a V6 engine. $12 would be for each one, and not for a set of 6. $80 is what I paid for the set of 6, but I've seen them advertised slightly cheaper at $12/ea.

Yep, I post on Honda Society as well - when SHO is down ;-)
  • ripinrocketripinrocket Member Posts: 157
    What is Honda society?

I got my AEM CAI for $230.00 installed.
    has anyone installed aftermarket emblems on their car? Do they fit well? I've gotta get a new "H" emblem for my car since it was stolen last night...damn!!!!!
  • diva1973diva1973 Member Posts: 3
    I would like to tint my windows, but I have heard that tinting the back window may be a problem, because of the defroster and all. I saw someone with tinted windows in the back and it was bubbly..... it wasn't cute at all. Perhaps it was a bad tint job, I don't know. Anyway I would also like to get bigger wheels because the ones on my EX are kind of small. I also want rims. Any suggestions?
  • bwooster1bwooster1 Member Posts: 2
    I just installed blue accord emblems.

Cheapest price was at:

http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022975/emblems.htm

The rear ones are easy to install, the front ones took around 20 minutes - have to use a very small screwdriver (or an angled one), can't see the screws, so have to guide it by feeling around, etc! But - it can be done.

The replacement ones have pins and guides - but I had to snap them off, they were not correct for a 1999 Accord. Didn't matter anyway, since the emblem uses glue to hang on.

• honda007honda007 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have an opinion on body side molding? I just bought a 2001 Accord Coupe, and my dad acts like I made the biggest mistake of my life because I did not buy "body side molding" for the car. I thought about it when I was making the purchase, but the Honda salesman discouraged me -- he felt the body side molding would take away from the "aesthetics" of the car and he felt they wouldn't necessarily protect my car from "door dings". Since the car salesman (whose motivation is to get me to spend as much money on the car as possible) advised against the body side molding, I figured it surely wasn't worth the extra $$$$.
    I agree with your salesman. The Accord has so many sharp lines and points, and the body molding is rounded. I think it looks out of place on the doors. I've had my car almost 2 months, and I'm hard-pressed to find any dings or anything on the doors. Actually, I do have one teeny tiny ding on the rear side panel, but that wouldn't be protected by the molding anyway. That's my US$.02!

-Erik
  • honda007honda007 Member Posts: 2
    Erik -- thanks for your comments. I appreciate your "US $.02"! :-)
  • jbarbuto1jbarbuto1 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if the 1997 Accord Special Edition wheels will fit on a 1998 Accord LX. Dealers are not really sure, but something about an offset is concerning them?
  • drv4fundrv4fun Member Posts: 16
    My post disappeared but here it is again...

I installed the indiglo gauges on my 98 lx accord. It took about 2 hrs to remove console, slip gauges and finding the wire to the parking lights. The link that ravyn posted was the same exact place I went to get going to do the install.

With tinted windows, I've had mine since I got the car 3 yrs ago and no problem/bubbling. Make sure you just go to a reputable place that uses good film. I think they used Llumar film on mine.

I hope this helps.
    anyone know anything about "formula one" tint? one of the shops around here that supposedly has a good rep uses that brand. but they also say that the warranty is non-transferrable. so if and when i sell the car, the person after me get screwed if anything goes wrong. is this the norm for tint warranties?

drv4fun: which kind did you get? normal or reverse?
    ravyn: I got the normal indiglo gauges and has two colors: blue and green. Got it on ebay.

Re: Formula1 tint. Heard good stuff about it. Make sure you get the highest grade film (I think its called premium, but I'm not sure). F1 has a lifetime warranty on them that it won't crack or bubble.
    drv4fun...how'd your indigos turn out? how long did they take you to install? i FINALLY got mine put on yesterday after having them for well over a month!
    Hey DC...

Install took me about 2hrs. I like them a lot. I think it dresses the console so much nicer! How do you like yours?
    Ok, I know I'm asking a lot, but heregoes. I know you used the online directions from that girl Alicia. Could you post anything that you came across that she doesn't cover, or ways you went about installing them that were different from what she wrote? I'd really like to put them on, but I'm scared of messing up a brand new car and/or voiding the warrantee. Thanks guys!

-Erik
    I love how the gauges look...it's so much better now than it was before!! erik, to be honest i didn't even use the directions from alicia. my cousin owns a motorcycle bike shop and he got this guy at the autobody shop next door to put it on for me for free...the only advice i could tell ya is to definitely disconntect the battery or else the SRS light will come on and SLIDE the new gauges over the needles, don't take the needles off(it will be a big headache if u do otherwise..trust me on this!).
    Erik: Alicia's instructions were pretty good. When I purchased my guagues, it came with some instructions so using that and Alicia's was very helpful.
    Here's what to watch out for: Like DC said, disconnect the battery. Removing the gauge console can be a little hard. I think they glue some parts to the dash. Ease it out so you don't break anything. There's three set of wires you need to remove before you can pull the gauge console out. Don't remove the needles. Slip the gauges into place.
    Find the parking lights wire by the fuse box (I used Alicia's pix to give me an idea where mine was). I wired everything, reconnected the battery to make sure everything was working. I disconnected it again, put everything back in place and I was done.
    I hope that helps!!! Good luck...
  • teman99teman99 Member Posts: 19
    Hello all. I need some help here. I own a 2001
    Accord EX ( 2 weeks) and the car already has 2 chip marks on the hood from I guess road debry. The car was never prepped correctly and is going in next week for this. To tell you the truth I'm really pissed off about this and need to know where I can get a full nose mask at a good price. Thanks and any help would be appreciated.
    i posted some sites towards the beginning of the thread:
    ravyn Jun 6, 2001 10:35am
  • emerald01emerald01 Member Posts: 1
    Someone please help. I'm having problems with the tint on the rear window. At night there's a glare from the headlights that reflects off the rear defroster. Is it the tint or the workmanship? The dealer installed it.
  • kingepoykingepoy Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Accord V-6 LX 2 dr Coupe. I want to
    install an aftermarket 6x9 rear deck speakers. I
    tried a JVC and Kenwood but their magnets touched
    the spring rod that runs across the trunk of the
    car. Has anybody have any luck in installing an
    after market speakers? What kind of speakers were
    they? How did you do it?
    Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket exhausts? I'm thinkin about getting one but don't want one that's TOO loud either.
    the one i've been referred to, and was strongly considering is the Apexi WS (world sport)..

modacar.com had a pretty good price on it, and know of a guy in falls church with a mailorder business going who has some pretty good prices on things. got my bf's aem cai from him. lemme know if you want his email. his customer service is wonderful. =)
  • pkozyurapkozyura Member Posts: 7
    I'm thinking of installing an aftermarket keyless entry for 2002 LX. Can this somehow void my warranty?
This discussion has been closed.