Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 19,899
    "It is difficult to get any dealer to give you any of the holdback moneu or even discuss it"

Well...yes considering the holdback dollars ***help*** pay for s bit of the flooring. Far from bottom line profit!

Folks, the MARKET determines what cars sell for. A hot car in high demand will sell for the current market value just like a poor seller will have to be deeply discounted...pretty simple, really.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • That's 1248 over invoice w/fgt...about 1000 too high IMHO ...hold out for a better deal because they're just around the corner :)
  • Uninformed post...invoice is invoice, factory incentives, when available, effect the true invoice, only in terms of cash back to the dealer, as most dealers floor plan their inventory with third party lenders or HMC's financial arm.
    I anticipate factory incentive soon on 08 Accords as product is "backing up" as it usually does this time of year, however th e"sub prime" financial meltdown is amplifying the slow down. Last week the Big Three announced Cash back and low interest financing. TOY and HON are also offering front and back side incentive..except the Accord and Camry are excluded, at present. Expect that to change very soon, possibly next week. If you can afford to wait it will probably be worth $$$$ the wait....
  • juxtojuxto Posts: 16
    As a (Methodist) church friend of mine (and former Nissan dealership owner) told me: we aren't Jehovah Witnesses trying to earn our way into heaven by giving away cars! He told me 15 to 20 percent profit is about right for most cars - higher priced cars will yield a little better. Go to Rooms To Go and ask to see their invoice or offer $100 over invoice on a sofa. Only in the car industry do they play these games of "invoice pricing".
  • rsalasrsalas Posts: 14
    Guys, let me explain something. Every dealer pays the same for the car. if you are a small dealer or a large dealer. Every dealer pays the same cost for the car. Dealers do not have 15% or 20% profit margins on their vehicles. That is not true. Trust me if it were. All the sales reps would be driving mercedes benz and wearing 12k Rolex Daytonas and living in Brickell. The truth is, some dealers might need to move metal and they give away some cars. Some you make money on and some you don't. At the end of the month your numbers can't be negative. I run the e-commerce dept. for a large Honda dealer and we move aprox 100+ through e-com alone. We do another 100+ through fleet and the 300 remaining vehicles are floor sales. My best advice to you is, when you shop, be courteous, don't go in a bad mood or with a pre-disposed attitude. That will get you knowhere quick and will make your experience a bad one. I know because I see it every day. If you guys need any advice I am here to help. I want to make a difference. Not everyone you encounter in car sales is a bad person. Everybody wants to get the best deal possible, but it has gotten to the point that It is no longer a win-win negotiation. Actually the customer is winning more that you think. Sales reps stores might work with you for 3 hours just to get $50 or $100 bucks. What we in the business call a mini deal. If they call you for the survey and you give them a bad experience. They loose all that. So they worked for free. It's funny, but the customers you give away cars to are the least happy and the ones you make a ton of money on are the happiest... How ironic isn't it ?
  • rsalasrsalas Posts: 14
    $27.213 is plus tax,tag and $599.95 dealer fees. I sell these cars at this price. I do not know for how long we will be doing it. But I guess till the end of the month. Call Maroone Honda of Miami and ask for the Director of E-commerce. I will do the deal for you. :)
  • MSRP of $30,895 +TTL ($2K) and $399.00 dealer fee crap.
    Accessories: Spoiler, Backup Camera, Interior Illumination
    Protection package and 100,000mile Zero deductible bumper-to-bumper service contract
    OTD was $36,665
    5.00% loan

Car has been out 6 weeks. Called 6 dealers and 3 had none until after December. Two dealers had a white one each. The dealer I bought from had a silver one that was being used as a trade to another dealer, and the one a got (Mystic Green Metallic). Another couple wanted it 5 minutes after I committed.
    In VA, MSRP is the best your going to get right now.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    OK! OK! We, dealers and buyers, are both "win win" under Bush's umbrella.
  • Let me get this right...you paid $30,895 (MSRP), $2,000 for Tax and TTL and $3,371 for the spoiler, camera, lights and 100,000 service contract?... Bernardi has a HONDA 100,000 mile no deductable 72 month WARRANTY for $715....

Just enjoy your car...
  • Yep. The Spoiler, lights, and camera were about $1500 installed. The HONDA WARRANTY is what I purchased (actually a service contract) for 699 (Platinum, not the Gold Plus). The rest was the protection package for glass (works like rain-x also protects against breakage from road debis- guaranteed replacement), paint, undercoating, leather, and carpet protection - all for $750.
    And a free umbrella... LOL ( I'm sure I paid for that as well!)

Thanks, Since I paid for it, I will...
  • SporinSporin Posts: 1,066
    IMO, checking up on an OTD price from this forum is fine as long as you deduct tax, plates and other STATE mandated fees as they vary widely from state to state and even county to county.

It's interesting to see how widely dealers vary with "doc fees" and the like. :surprise:
  • Honda does not market service contracts..Honda only markets warranties (HondaCare). The service contract or "warranty" as you call it is aftermarket and exspensive also not as reliable as HondaCare.... good luck!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,724
    You also have to be careful not to get packages that are truly not necessary. Like the Rain-x, Leather, paint protection, this all has to be re-applied often, and is not a 1 time thing. Glass protection is good, but the rest seems silly. There is alot of mark up on all those items. Plus, who knows if they even apply any of that. Now if the package was for a limited time to come in and get it re-applied often, then that would be great, but I never seen that option before. But, hey, if it offers peace of mind, than that is fine. Washing, Waxing, cleaning, and moisturizing the leather, and apply some scotchguard, that can all be done yourself. It will have to be too, to keep the car looking new.
  • def56def56 Posts: 6
    Anyone have recent experience buying 08 Accord in the Pittsburgh area? Interested in OTD price. Looking to buy EX-L 4cyl.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    HondaCare is a service contract, not a warranty! Warranties come with the car and guarantee the car will not have defects or else the manufacturer will repair them for free. You purchase service contracts to prepay for additional repairs after the warranty expires. You then hope you have a lot of expensive problems, so they cover more than you paid for.
  • If you are interested in taking a ride to suburban Philly, I paid $24,000 for a 2008 EX-L from Sussman Honda.
  • I just got a quote from a dealer in San Francisco for $24,533 for an 08 Accord I4 5A EX

There was a Post a few weeks back someone paid $21.7K, at Honda of Oakland, I would make an offer for even lower than that something like $23K OTD. :shades:
    Thanks, visited local "Costco" dealer last week and was told that the discount was the destination fee. Went to another dealer today and told them I was ready to buy if the price was right and got 25,700, before tax and transfer. As I don't like knowingly being taken advantage of, it looks like I won't be buying an '08 Accord.
  • "As I don't like knowingly being taken advantage of, it looks like I won't be buying an '08 Accord."

How were you being taken advantage of?
    My point was that I won't buy a car for $2,000 more than it sells for in other parts of the country.