Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• lgret13lgret13 Posts: 21
    When the temp here was 15 degrees I took it to the dealer again to show them that the heat was not hot and the engine temp gauge continues to remain at the 1/4 mark. Well after an entire day of them looking into the problem they spoke with GM techs and they informed the dealer that on my 2003 with auto controls I have to manually shut off the a/c compressor to get the heat to work properly even in full auto mode, I have to press the vent button to shut off the a/c compressor which in its auto default mode turns on the radiator and compressor fans bringing the engine temp and heat temp down. They said that the newer model rendezvous do not have this problem and this is the way of the 02's and 03's are designed. To me this sounds like a load of bull considering I have auto climate controls and now have to be conscious in the winter to shut the a/c (press the vent button) so the engine gets up to normal temp.

The others who have heating problems, what year is your vehicle and do u have Auto climate controls and if so does pressing the vent button make a difference?
  • I don't have the auto control, but their answer sounds like total nonsense. I have the dual zone manual AC in my 03 CXL and I never turn off the A/C. When I sent the control to warm the air from the heater vents is hot, If I put it on cold then the air is cold. I think they are trying to make you go away.
  • cudaalcudaal Posts: 34
    Is 87003 class 3 has 3500 LBS/ 350lbs tongue wht rating?

I just got one from the Hitches-forless and it labled 300Lbs tongue!

I don't get it!
  • Wondered if anyone knew where I can find a cargo bay cover. Also, I need a seat belt extender. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  • I know it's late in the winter but I just found this site. I bought a set of the GM factory rubber mats back in October from a dealership called Ekenhoff Buick-Hummer out of New Jersey. I don't remember the city. They were only $25.00 US and they are the GM originals and come in gray and tan. They can also order the second and third rows. I hope this helps you.
  • billy227billy227 Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2004 RDV and a new Compass/Outside Temperature device. I want to run the ... hook to the DVD fuse (unused). I have all the items to hook up but not sure of best route through firewall. (Remove glovebox, etc.) Any advice would be appreciated!
  • duke36duke36 Posts: 15
    Noticed yesterday that the first 2 setting on the fan (1+2) were not working, only 3 and up.
    This morning only level 5 works and it is very loud.
    Anything I should check before I take it to the dealer?

I did the obvious CB and nothing is blown.

Perhaps it is mechanical contacts, but I am not sure.
    Thanks
  • erichnererichner Posts: 14
    Getting close to replacing all 4 tires (28K miles) and I'm looking for QUIET tires.

Any suggestions? Anyone has the Michelin LTX® M/S P215/70R16? Are they quiet?

Have anyone had problems with excessive noise from the rack and pinion when turning?
  • kenymkenym Posts: 405
    I replaced the Firestone Affinity tires on my RDV with the Michelin LTX. I found it was a completely different ride and took awhile to get use to. I preferred the ride and feel of the Affinity tires, over the LTX tires. I feel the LTX tires give me a more stiffer ride more like a truck tire whereas the Affinity tires provided more of a luxury car ride. I don't do off road with my RDV and prefer the smother ride of the Affinity tires.
    ~Ken
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Posts: 114
    i put a set of goodyear assurance quiet tread on our olds intrigue. belive me they are very quiet and have a good ride.
  • nextmoonnextmoon Posts: 386
    I too swiped out the Affinities for the Michelin LTX. In terms of noise, I find the LTX is so much more quieter, especially on concrete freeways. In terms of handling, I find the LTX also to be much more responsive, firmer, smoother, and less leaning in corners. The LTX has been around for a while and are generally rated pretty high.
    I am having a heck of a time removing the glovebox to install a new 12v circuit and temperature sensor from the dash to under the hood.
    I removed the 4 screws holding the glovebox and the large plastic covering the air blower below the glovebox but it still will not come out. I suspect it is clipped to a bar runnning under the bottom of the glovebox - but not sure and I do not want to break anything. Anyone know if clips hold it to the
    black bar?
    I have solved this problem by removing glovebox, popping up the dash moulding, and routing wires through rubber plug in firewall.
  • I have a 2002 CX Plus and I want to do some mods to it. I want to put some nice rims on it, but don't know what size to get that would look good. What size would be good, and not too much, as in too big. I think 20's would look nice, but I'm not sure.

Also, has anyone put the Xenon headlights in, or know which ones would be good for them?

One more thing, is it worth changing the stock CD/Cassette player to get a new CD player just to get a system put in the rear? If it's a lot of hassle with all the speakers in there, the steering wheel controls and all that, I'm not going to mess with it.

Thanks for all the help in advance!
  • nextmoonnextmoon Posts: 386
    You can go to tirerack.com and select new wheels (rims) for the RDV. They have a page that lets you look at how different wheel packages look on the RDV.
  • They had a good selection of tires on there for the RDV, but they only have 16-18, and I was wanting something more like a 20". Does anyone know where you can find rims and have them put on the car themself to see what they look like?

Thanks again for the site, if only they showed more sizes.
  • erichnererichner Posts: 14
    Any suggestions on reputable companies or low priced dealer warranties for my 2002 CXL? I'll be running out of warranty by November and want to get a good company that won't go belly up!

Also want to give thanks to everyone on the board. I cut and pasted all the recurring problems and when I went to my dealer for service I pointed out the elbow for the BCM, the rear bearing issue and the head gasket and all issues were well taken and resolved without problem.

Now - due to the board's experiences that pointed out problems with my CXL - I still love my CXL and want to keep it for a few years but I don't dare go alone without an extended warranty.

How much is decent to pay for a $0 deductible 7 year 100,000 mile warranty?
  • Anyone know if it's possible to add the DIC to a base RDV. I'm not looking for the heads up, just the DIC.

Thanks
  • me8eme8e Posts: 7
    Regarding extended warranty....shop the GM dealers..(all of them;any GM dealer can/will sell you an extended warranty for your CXL) Give 'em a call an obtain a quote. I did this on my wife's Caddy...saved a few hundred bucks.Finally bot from a chevy dealer.
  • me8eme8e Posts: 7
    You might try double sided tape (exterior use).I've had excellent results with the 3M brand. Just ensure that you wipe the area to be covered... with alcohol ( not thu drinkin' kind :) .
This discussion has been closed.