Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

'68 OLDS 4-4-2

2»

Comments

• If you don't believe what I say, fine. I really could care less and I'm not gonna waste my time arguing anymore...and by the way, my chev. 400 redlines at 7500rpm with plenty 'o power.
  • bushonebushone Posts: 39
    ...... you chicken-plucking little stinker!
  • speedshiftspeedshift Posts: 1,598
    ...now that Smokin' is gone.

Say what you will, a little controversy gets the discussion going.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of the guys who come in here knowing only what was printed on the Revell box their car came in.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 23,496
    My '69 Dart GTS came in an ERTL box, thank you ;-) It's got a factory big-block, too! Start bustin' on my AMT Grand National, and we're gonna rumble!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    I know how cynical YOU guys can get so I've always been afraid to tell you what I got.

I've mustered up the courage now. It's a 70's era Maverick with the original inline V8. It has 3 exhausts (some people only have duals) I run a BDS 14-71 blower(from the factory) and I've added a paxton centrifugal blower with twin turbos. I've kept the stock 2 barrel autolite carb for economy reasons and run a Motek EFI system. The plug wires are 0 gauge welding wire that I've soldered new ends on. Pistons are adapted from a CAT D-9 diesel tractor and the rods are a special titanium/aluminum blend. The crank is pure gold plated unobtanium that was mined from the black forest by elves.

The car will run 4's on street tires and they won't let me run it in Top Fuel because I don't have a parachute set up. I don't think I need a chute 'cause the drum brakes work fine.

I have to go now and get my mullet trimmed. But, in advance, I don't care if you don't believe me because my dad can beat up your dad!!!
  • speedshiftspeedshift Posts: 1,598
    Didn't you post here earlier as thebeav and skidmarks? I think we've had some sober discussions in the best V8s thread.
    Yep, sure is quiet...jr. highschool must be back in session! :D
    ...turns out my 1/25th scale Dart GTS IS a Revell! And what a strange beast...I noticed that it has power brakes, but not power steering!
  • How's that for a little controversy?
    I guess the mullet part hit too close to home!!!
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Posts: 1,308
    The post will be deleted by the host and you'll most likely be kicked off the board. No big deal. It's happened before, and it'll happen again. Now, go home, and build your model kit of that rear wheel drive Toronado you've got and in a couple weeks, go back to seventh grade.
    Oh that boy. Gotta mouth like an outboard motor. All the time putputputputputput...

I feel honored, to be included in his verbal tirade with so many other distinguished Town Hallers. sniff sniff.
    ...but wouldn't an Olds marine motor make a deeper-throated putputputputput?
    ain't runnin on all cylinders andre! lol :) So maybe that's why he was blowing smoke up our tail pipes!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    I get the feeling he just *may* not like a couple of you guys! Ya think?
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    I keep tellin' ya. Edmunds needs to get the Moron filter on line ASAP. I think 442 must stand for 4 HP, 4 teeth, and 2 IQ points.
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Posts: 4,883
    I got left out :(

I wanted to be included in the infantile trailer-park tirade!

Bill
    I think that would be 4 brain cells, 4 tattoos and 2 teeth.
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    LOL!!! You've got that right. Devolution, perhaps?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Well, looks like this discussion has gone into the toilet, so I think I'll retire it and clean it up afterwards.

Yes 4-4-2 will probably get banned for gross violation of the profanity rules. I think I should have protected him more from the good natured kidding, but alas, I also think this was inevitable given the circumstances.

Mr. Shifright
    Host
This discussion has been closed.