Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Only you know your finances well enough to know if you should put more than 5K down. You shouldn't buy ANY car that you cannot pay cash for. I chose to put 6.2K down and finance 10K at 4.49%. I expect to pay it off early. I could have paid cash but chose not to.
  • gccmngccmn Posts: 11
    I am interested in buying a 2009 Sonata Limited V6, MSRP of 27,425. I qualify for the $2000 and $1500 valued owner rebates. Would $23,000 Out the Door, be reasonable to ask the dealer for such a vehicle in California?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 72,943
    Sonata prices paid..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 72,943
    See previous message...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    you should be able to get a lower price than that.
  • ljctxljctx Posts: 14
    That's too high. I got the same vehicle WITH NAV. MSRP was 28,535. I got it for 22,900 plus TX TTL.
    You are leaving about $1,000 on the table.
  • ylzylz Posts: 45
    (I'm posting this message HERE cause no one responded to me in the mazda forum yet. I did just post it last night though. But I really need help.)

Ok so I went to one of the mazda dealerships today I have been dealing with. I was looking for a 2009 Grand Touring HB in Metro Grey and they had one there. The guy showed me that invoice on the car was $22,740 which he was willing to sell it to me for. Options include: carpet floor mats, compass auto mirror, rear bumper guard, moonroof/bose package, and some other small things. He was willing to give me $5500 for my 2001 Honda CRV (trade in) and I would have to finance $17,240. Now the deal is 0% financing for 3 years which (after tax) came to $508 a month for 3 years. Is this a good deal or am I being robbed here? Any input would help. Thanks.
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    seems like a great price to me. list on that is like 28240 so you are getting almost 6K off. if you can afford the 508.00 go for it.
  • Yes I did get that deal!!

The car is wonderful and my baby is sitting in the front drive .
    Ofh yeah it also has pin stripping too.

I am so glad that I did the email and confirm price before stepping foot in the dealer door.
    :shades:
  • 19900 Invoice (w/o pop equip, I think it's an extra 500 invoice or something)
    -2000 MFG Rebate
    -1000 Dealership Discount (i.e. negotiating)
    -500 Tradein
    *16400* Subtotal
    Total out the door (i.e. NY tax and plates) was about 18K

Purchased from a guy named Sam at Atlantic Hyundai in Suffolk, NY. He was great -- I walked right up to him and told him "I'm looking to buy a car within the hour -- you going to help me?" I told him exactly what I wanted, and said 17500 out the door, and he said "Well then let's sit." He didn't have the color I wanted (Dark Cherry Red) without the pop equipment, so I got that package (so I could get my color) for 300 or so extra.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the deal.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,601
    Don't you mean MSRP (not invoice), before any options, was $19,900
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,911
    Edmunds.com has the MSRP w/o destination charge (not a very useful number, IMO) of $19,900 for the 5AT with no options. With destination it's $20,595. But the invoice on that car is pretty close, at $19,751 according to Edmunds. And the dealer's "invoice" might have been different than what Edmunds shows. Sometimes there are added charges on the dealer's invoice, e.g. "advertising fee".
  • Interesting -- it does say MSRP w/o options was 19900 -- for some reason I thought KBB or edunds told me invoice was 19900 (They now say 19751 and 19056 respectively). In any event, MSRP w/ pop equipment was 20550.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,175
    Chicago area dealers are advertising the same $1500 loyalty rebate/discount to current Hyundai owners. Don't know the details.
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 82
    My past experience in Vegas is they try to get more out of you because there's less competition, althougn I think there's 5 Hyundai dealers. A few years ago, I had to drive to anaheim, ca to lease an Acura TL because the lone dealer here wouldn't match the price and even said I wouldn't get the price once i got there, although i did.
    And I've seen the $1500 loyalty rebate in some newspaper ads in the Twin Cities recently too.

I was at the dealer getting some maintenance done on my Elantra today and a sales rep poked his head into the waiting room and said, "If anyone has a Sonata or Santa Fe and wants to trade for a new one, we could really use your trade and we have $3500 in discounts on the Sonata and $5000 on the Santa Fe." I don't know if he meant $3500 in total discounts, or in rebates, but I had not seen that sales approach before.
  • gccmngccmn Posts: 11
    What are the new rebates for Sonata for the month of February?
    Check hyundaiusa.com in a day or two. The old rebates just expired today and it usually takes them 1-2 days to post the new rebates.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    A reporter is looking to talk with consumer who bought a Hyundai in January and was "assured" by the Hyundai Assurance program. Please send your email address and phone number to jfallon@edmunds.com today, February 4, 2008, if you fit the bill.

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• I saw a Ron Marhofer Ad in the Saturday paper in Akron,Ohio

Saturday and Monday sale
    2009 Sonata with 4 cyl and 5 speed manual transmission
    Price with Customer loyalty was $12,488 (We already had a Hyundai)

I called and they told me I would have a choice of several colors.
    I told him I would be in and he had the car ready to test drive.
    After the test drive and looking at what I got for the price I bought the car.
    Overall a great experience. I can not believe I could have had a better experience or got a better deal.

Am I wrong in thinking this was a great Deal?