Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Older S-10's

15678911»

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    As I pulled into my driveway after work, the odometer rolled over onto 150,000 miles. I know there are many S10's out there with far more miles on them than that, but I feel like I have reached a milestone.

I think the 150K milestone is just the threshold of what should be considered "exceptional" service on a vehicle. So, at least I have made it that far.

The little truck is running like a new one, and there is no indication that it won't go another 150K! Wouldn't that be something? Realistically, I think I can count on seeing 200K with no problems other than routine wear items needing replacement or accessories going out.

What a great little truck!

Tom
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    It was one year ago today that I bought that little S 10. It was the best purchase I ever made as far as value received vs. money spent.

The truck had 134,502 miles on it when I bought it, and it now has slightly over 150,000. I have put almost 16K on it, and all it has needed are things that you would expect to have to replace on a truck with that many miles on it. The engine is running like a new one, and it uses only a little more than half a quart of oil between changes.

Happy Birthday, S 10!

Tom
15678911»
This discussion has been closed.