Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Me Choose!

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 61,342
    suydam said:

I'm not as concerned about rear seats as my dogs are pretty comfy in almost everything. And I don't even usually have a passenger in the front as this is our second car. It is nice though to have enough front seat room that you can have a passenger without feeling squished. I do think these really small Utes make a perfect second vehicle.

I would agree with you. The wife's new Outback is the family car, while my Hyundai is just for errand running and such. Don't need anything much larger, though I wouldn't mind AWD on my next car.

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Congrats! Some tough choices in there
    backy said:

Update on my search for an SUV to replace my wife's 2013 Sonata that's going off-lease. After looking at lots of small and medium-sized SUVs, new and used, we bought a 2012 CX-7 tonight. 40k miles, exceptional condition (I couldn't find a mark on it anywhere), lifetime powertrain warranty included (dealer tosses that in on all vehicles with less than 60k miles). $13,600 price, $14,900 out the door; got 2.75% 5-year financing from my bank. Wasn't my first or second or third choice, it's an older design, but does everything we need at a very nice price. Nice handling (it's a Mazda after all) and plenty of room. And sharp looking with pearl white paint, tan/black interior, and nice alloys.

My first choice was the HR-V, but the lowest price I could get on one of those was $22k + TTL for an LX AWD (no FWD available in my area). Next choice was a 2013+ Escape or 2010+ Equinox, but couldn't find one with less than ~50k miles for much less than $16k + TTL. Also could have gotten a new 2015 Outlander Sport ES 2.0L FWD for $17k + TTL or a new 2015 Rogue Select AWD with Convenience Package for $209/month sign-and-drive 3 year lease, but neither one of those was that exciting to me or my wife. Was tempted on the Rogue Select though.

Backy - congrats. Can you tell me if the CX-7 has the 2.3T or the 2.5 engine in it?

We owned a 2010 CX-7 with the 2.3T for 4 years and 60,000 miles. Wife loved the "zoom zoom" aspect of the car initially, but the 19" wheels and tires (ours was a GT trim level) made for a rough ride.

Traded it in this past February for a 2015 Outback 3.6R. We got $12,500 in trade, so your price for a car that's two years newer looks pretty solid.

Enjoy!

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,909
    Our CX-7 is the SV (base) model so it has the 2.5L and 17" wheels. No racer but plenty of power for schlepping around town or highway cruising. The ride seemed fine with the smaller wheels.

It was the lowest priced CX-7 from a dealer within 50 miles of us with so few miles. There was another one, a silver 2012 SV, for a couple hundred less but had 14k more miles (2 years of driving for my wife) and had several touched-up scratches and dings, while ours has a color combo we like a lot more and no flaws I could see inside or out. Plus it has remote start--could come in handy once in awhile in Minnesnowta. :)

Gonna pick it up today, and turn in the Sonata next week after I get the front bumper replaced.
    backy said:
    Our CX-7 is the SV (base) model so it has the 2.5L and 17" wheels. No racer but plenty of power for schlepping around town or highway cruising. The ride seemed fine with the smaller wheels. It was the lowest priced CX-7 from a dealer within 50 miles of us with so few miles. There was another one, a silver 2012 SV, for a couple hundred less but had 14k more miles (2 years of driving for my wife) and had several touched-up scratches and dings, while ours has a color combo we like a lot more and no flaws I could see inside or out. Plus it has remote start--could come in handy once in awhile in Minnesnowta. :) Gonna pick it up today, and turn in the Sonata next week after I get the front bumper replaced.
    Awesome! Enjoy your new (to you) Mazda. 

• steverstever Posts: 52,683
    If you bought a new car instead of used because low rates and/or longer-terms loans kept the monthly payments more affordable, please email PR@edmunds.com by 9/11/15 to connect with a reporter.