Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z

Comments

• Guys listen...I was gonna post in the forum title prices paid/buying experience, but it seems no one checks that one.

I am buying a 2005 enthusiast. Anyone bought their Z in the past month, and if so, how much did you pay? I think I can get some negotiation going on because they are trying to get the '05's off of the lot. I bet I can get out the door in an enthusiast for under 27K.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 22,091
    I'm not sure where you live or what taxes are, etc .... BUT, if I were to assume somewhere in the ballpark of $1800 for taxes/fees/reg/title/etc ... that leaves a purchase price of $25,200 on a car with zero incentives (per Edmunds) and an invoice of $27,169.

$2K BELOW invoice?? Good luck!

'17 F150 Crew 2.7; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '09 LR2 HSE. 44-car history and counting!

• Well...without taxes, I got quoted at $26,324 on a black enthusiast manual coupe. Ha HA HA! I couldn't refuse. With my financing, it's only costing me about 400 a month to drive what I consider one of the most legendary cars on the road. I mean, to have statewide associations dedicated to single car... only a few cars can claim that...Corvette is one I can think of. Z owners are rabid when it comes to their emotion about the car. The way I see it, the only people who should be driving it should be those who, like me, have an inexplicable draw to the car, its history, and its exclusivity. Problems...who cares about problems...when you feel the way I do about the car, you don't care about problems. To me, there is a certain pride in being able to say I own and drive my very own Z...I am sure that there are other folks who feel the way about their car that I do about mine...but the Z has always had an edge...to me at least. I am so glad to finally be in one.
    A little over $800 below invoice. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

'17 F150 Crew 2.7; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '09 LR2 HSE. 44-car history and counting!

• miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    That's the best deal I have seen so far with out rebates or incentives. That leads me to think there might be dealer incentive for them to offer such exceptional price to you. Or could be because they really want to make room for the 06s. Can you provide more details on how you were able to acheive this price? Thanks.

• scantyscanty Posts: 171
    Check this out from our pals at Jalopnik
    Some of that isn't new, though.

My '04 already has VDC and standard 18" wheels.

Other reports say new LED taillights, by the way.

Bi-xenons, LED tails, and MP3 capability are the only good additions I've seen reported, personally.

2006 Lineup
    '06 Z Debut

With 18's, bi-xenons, and 300HP with 6MT all standard now, what's the point of continuing with the 5 original models, plus the new Grand Touring?
    they are saying the grand touring will have brembos and staggered 18/19" wheels.

the real question, i think, is what will be the differences between the Track and Grand Touring? I assume the grand touring will come with luxury features not on the track model ... so I'm guessing, in order of pricing, this Grand Touring model will now top the lineup.

Based on Nissan's site, I'm beginning to wonder if they have REMOVED VDC from the regular Touring model:
    New Grand Touring coupe model – includes Touring Model plus Brembo® brakes, front and rear spoiler and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)

link

The new wheels look sharp. As for the front end styling changes, I can't tell a thing. Going to have to see it in person. The LED tail lights look good, but most importantly, it looks like the interior door panels are much improved.

The Grand Touring Coupe sounds like a Touring with Brembos, aero package and wheels to me. Or a Track with leather. Maybe it's just a permanent name for the 35th Anniversary model.

Now all it needs is a moonroof option...
  • im glad i didnt get the 350z the interior isn't what i was looking for
    hmmm... probably should have actually gotten in one before picking your screen name, huh? ;)

• :blush: All of you that have had tire wear/noise problems on your 2003 or 2004 Z, Nissan has just extended the alignment warranty to 36 months from the in-service date or Oct 31, 2005 which ever is later. http://www.sportzmagazine.com/pages_preview/2005/Fall2005/ZOwnerLetter.pdf
    If you were told by your dealership that you no longer qualified for warranty repair go back! I'm taking my 2003 in this week to see what they do. I have 13,800 miles and the noise is pretty bad around 20-30 mph range or when braking. It's not bad on the highway, all the other good sounds from the engine drown it out.
  • I purchase a Super Black Enthusiat 6M last Sunday.

With Aero kit, paint flaps, door sill trim, and mats, I paid invoice at $27850. There are no taxes in Oregon, where I live. I used the internet manager as my contact for quotes at every dealer I visited. Keep in mind that it is hard to find any Enthusiats with the factory bare bones spec. I'd bank on at least seeing some of the options listed above in any Z's you find at the local dealers.

WARNING: dealers fill your car up with regular gas as a "thank you" at the point of purchase. I strongly suggest that you ask what kind of gasoline they have and if they have only regular, as them to reimburse you for a fill of premium. I suffered from knocking as a result of the gas they filled for me, not knowing that it was not premium. :mad:
  • I wanted to warn potention buyers of the standard practice by dealers to fill your Z up with regular gas at the point of sale. Be sure to ask what gas will be filled in your new car and if they have provisions for only regular (this was the case with my dealer) then ask to be reimbursed for premium gas after you fill your car personally.

I experienced knocking on my first tank as a result of crap gas. The next tank of premium took care of this; however, it was very disconcerting to have your brand new car knock because of a dealer goof-up.
    :mad:
  • I wish they'd get rid of the power seat switches on the side of the seat cushion.

That little plastic box jabbing into my thigh cost them a sale.
    Interesting.
    My thigh never comes close to it, and, if it did, the switches are below the level of the padding, so I still wouldn't feel them.

• ashyashy Posts: 9
    has anyonegot any parts for the interionr of a 350z
    aftermarket?
    yes, i have.
    I got a burnt orange shift boot and ebrake boot from redlinegoods.com.
    They had a limited supply of factory burnt orange and made up a set for me for $65. Looks great!

• ashyashy Posts: 9
    go 2 www.350zmods.com for the coolest 350z parts but it has a lot of technical problems so it only works sometimes :shades:
    So my dealer replaced my front tires and had the wheels aligned.

So far, I'm very pleased. I really had no idea the car could be this quiet on the road.

• boikoboiko Posts: 82
    When will we begin to see the 2006 model 350Z's in the showroom...?

Thanks,
    -mike-
    now.

• Anyone dare drive their Z in the snow or do you just leave it in the garage until the weather breaks?
    leave it.

i was at work once when it started snowing. Just a think coating on the ground and I couldn't even get out of the parking lot.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,055
    Tires make all the difference in the world. Performance summer tires are especially bad when the weather gets cold & dedicated snow tires are particularly good. All-seasons are just a compromise. With two sets of tires, you get the best of both worlds.
  • I agree with gbrozen. With the stock summer tires, you can't get out of the parking lot with even a thin layer of snow.

I hope to agree w/ cdnpinhead, but I haven't tried the snow tires. I will this winter. I have heard great things about Blizzaks with about 50 lbs of weight in the back.
  • mjp1mjp1 Posts: 3
    How long should I have to wait on my replacement tires? It's been 5 weeks since the dealer agreed to replace them (the roar is NOT COOL) but said they were on national back-order. I think they should pull two from one of the Zs sitting on the lot, but they're not going along with that suggestion. If anyone's had any luck getting the things replaced, give me a clue as to how to make it happen. I'd like to love this car, but so far...
    Look at it this way: the longer the order takes, the more miles you get on your tires, so the older your car will be when you wear through the freebies. Improves the overall maintenance costs for you. ;)

• mjp1mjp1 Posts: 3
    Maintenance costs that have been pretty much nonexistent! You're right; free tread. As long as I don't slow down, it's really a great car!!