Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

After some run-around, we located a Subaru dealer that would perform a 7,500-mile service on our 2012 Subaru BRZ without hassle.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• wolff2011wolff2011 Member Posts: 4
    Are you usually able to just pull up to a dealer and get the oil changed? In the past year I"ve dealt with two Toyota dealers, a Hyundai and a Mazda dealer here Calgary and it's always at least a weeks wait to get anything done.
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    Rotary lift what?
  • spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    I don't understand your disappointment with Santa Monica or Timmons. If they already have a queue of cars, what are they suppose to do? It's most efficient for them to have appointments setup in order to maximize the number of cars they can put through their garages.

Do you show up to your dentist or doctor without an appointment? Do you just show up to the airport and expect to buy a plane ticket for a flight that hour on the spot? Better yet, do you show up to a Cali DMV without an appointment?

Appointments are simple. Schedule it ahead by a week or two, show up, car gets done quickly as they should have that time slot reserved for you, and then you're on your way.

To me, the fact that South Coast took you immediately meant they didn't have enough business and therefore could fit you in.
  • yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    just stop by a random independent shop and have the oil changed?
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Even the local Firstone gets slammed, so I always call ahead first. It's also $30 cheaper than a quick lube place, so well worth it.
  • wrb_brzwrb_brz Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2nd set of tail lights done last week. Originally this was thought to be an installation issue at the factory cracking the housing. unless the tech did the same thing at the first replacement it may just be a design flaw