Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Our 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG doesn't have the benefit of iPod/MP3 connectivity, but that can be a benefit to some people.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Excellent Post Travis!!!! Which Album? Blood Sugar? One of my top 5 fav's of all time.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Wow. Sounds like it drove fine in the canyons...even with those rock-hard tires.
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    I have always been a fan of B pillarless coupes. If you like to drive with the windows down, there is nothing like having that big open space on either side.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    Another literature worthy post Travis, well done!
  • Agreed, well written. Bravo.
  • diigiidiigii Posts: 156
    I still dream the awesome life of a Californian where you can just go out in your car and drive the PCH for two hours with nary a worry.
  • cobrysoncobryson Posts: 110
    Excellently written, and it held my attention like no other blog posts here do. Please keep up the good work.
  • benson2175benson2175 Vancouver, BCPosts: 68
    That's exactly it. You get it. Sure it's a money pit. But it's a money pit in a good way.
  • joner800joner800 Posts: 80
    aimless driving i fear is becoming or soon will become a lost art. i do this all the time (i think my wife thinks i'm crazy), but here in south FL, i am confined to flat, peak-and-valley-less highway aimless driving. i drove the PCH once and really envy those of you who can enjoy that drive on a regular basis - especially in a car like this.

then again, if i had that luxury, the world might have already been depleted of the remainder of its fossil fuels. great post!
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    This is a good article that I actual enjoyed reading. As joner800 said aimless driving is fast becoming a lost art due to the cost of fuel. I love to drive my truck but when driving 10-20 miles I have to budget at least 2 weeks in advance for fuel it becomes a "If I win the lottery..." type dream.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    This ode to a CD player is nonsense. The iPhone I have in my pocket anyway (because duh, it's a phone) stores thousands of songs from 500 albums in my library. With Siri I can call them up by track, album, or artist simply by speaking what I want. I haven't touched a car CD player in 2 years.
  • tlangnesstlangness Posts: 123
    iloveyogapants - "I'm With You" was the album. I highly recommend it for aimless driving whether you use a CD to enjoy it, or your iPhone.