Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gnartgnart Posts: 36
    Each time I bought a new car (myself, sister/2004 and niece/2008), I analyzed a 10 year cost for ownership, using $2.00 more per gallon than current price and minus rebate if any. The cost worked out in favor of the gas engine. If the government offers a substantial rebate, it would work. We drove around 12K/year - highway mostly, so the hybrid would be using gas instead of electric. The battery is for city driving. The hybrid uses gas on highway and the car has an extra passenger (the battery).

If you have a good offer on the 4Runner, you may want to look at previously owned hybrid of comparable year and mileage. You should inquire about the state of the battery and how much it would cost to replace, then see if you could get an extended warranty to cover the battery.
  • I am in the DC area and am looking at the fully loaded XLE with nav, leather and sunroof. The l it's price is around 31,000/32,000 and I got him down to 26,200. I'm on my way in now to do the deal, I'll let you know what I end up at. I got him down by getting a quote on the Accord and then asking him to beat it. They are giving Accords away right now in preparation for the new model in 2013.
  • I'm in SoCal so hopefully dealers price competitively. I am looking for basic LE with 8-way power driver seat and carpeted mats. MSRP with these options and destination is $23,925 with invoice $22,250. Just casually getting quotes via email of 21,500. What is the best price relative to invoice that others are getting recently in Southern California for relatively base LE? Thanks in advance.
  • jay999jay999 Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    I started requesting some quotes from the local Dallas dealers and the lowest I have got is 24995 for an SE 4 cylinder with the following options
    PD 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver's Seat

SR Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof
    L2 Premium Two-Tone Leather
    CF Premium Carpet Mat Set
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Trunk Mat
    P2 Vehicle Shield Package
    What should be my target price before TTL ? Do you think 22500 is reasonable?
  • lzhaolzhao Posts: 1
    Hi RM,

what is you OTD number for your car please?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    Thats too much. Go to Orange County Register online and there is a dealer in orange county that is selling brand new 2012 Camry SE's with power seat for $20,995 plus fees. Best deal anywhere in CA. With tax, license, fees, you should be right around $23K OTD.
  • ahuahu Posts: 14
    Got 2012 Toyota Camry SE drive out for $23k out the door, 21350 before tax and title. If interested you can email me at ahtexas07 at gmail and I will send you dealer and sales person info...... Sales man is great to work with.......
    If you qualify you can have extra $750 edmunds rebate so your final price will be $22250 after edmunds rebate....

Again for more info contact me at ahtexas07 at gmail.....
  • Start at $1000 under invoice. I just got an SE with 8-way power, carpet mats for $21,300. (wheel locks & emergency kit as well), Good Luck!
  • Dallas, msrp 32k
    will be 28.2k after edmunds rebate.
    Good luck folks.
  • wtdswtds Posts: 9
    What dealer?

Also any details on included options would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Purchased SE with CF - Premium carpet Mat set, Carpet floor mats, Rear trunk mat and PD- 8-way power adjustable drivers seat (MSRP of $24,425) invoice was $22,432, negotiated $21,232. Plus with potential edmunds rebate think we made out great! We were out of the dealership within 3 hours. One of those hours was because we walked around looking at other cars. My only warning is that people be careful with the added interest or gap insurance. The sales manager tried to throw in gap (we went in with 0 down) and calculated at 4.75%. Had to ask about the 2.9% financing. Other than that it went great!
  • The price included a 1k graduate credit.
    options: DT window tint, mud guards, premium carpet mats, vehicle shield pkg, cargo net. not really great options, but even w/o all these that was the best price i could get yesterday. just wanted to close the deal so took it.
    had 0APR for 36m as well.
    if it's an ok deal, email me at [email protected] for dealer info~
  • cilliawncilliawn Posts: 2
    Whereabouts in Northern California are you. Or do you mind if I ask which dealership you purchased at?
  • Which dealer u went to? I'm in bay area. Thanks
  • Merced Toyota. Got quotes from all over including Southern CA dealers, but they made it easy and it was a quick process. Send for a quote online and then negotiate when they call.
  • Merced Toyota matched price I had gotten from Southern CA. Ended up paying for wheel locks and then they threw in emergency kit.
  • nflguynflguy Posts: 90
    I'm looking for a 4 cylinder in the dallas Fort worth area with the same options as you (although I'm looking for an XLE). Please share if you find a local dealer that will give you a good price.

I'm still trying to figure out what a good out the door price would be on a 4 cylinder XLE with Leather package, convienience package , and navigation (not the premium).

Best price so far locally has been $28,996 out the door. I don't want to pay more then $28,000 even especially since all of the 4 cylnders I have seen don't have blind spot monitor.
  • cilliawncilliawn Posts: 2
    Was the $21,232 with the wheel locks, or did you buy those after?
  • They added that after. So basically came out to 21,312. I wasn't going to argue about them at that point. I think they've added the locks to most of their SE's. They gave me the e-kit as a throw in. All other dealers across bay area said they'd check, but kept pushing for more. Merced didn't waste time. Their original "internet customer price" was $21,888. They checked & agreed so we made an appointment. It was nice to have a smooth transaction.
    Haven't had any luck so far. Went by a dealer ship yesterday but we didn't have an agreement on the price
  • wcoastjoshwcoastjosh Posts: 1
    Just got a base XLE (no leather) for $21k at Manhattan Beach Toyota. Found it in a print ad in the LA Times (they had two at that price), they tried to get me to buy a bunch of overpriced add-ons, but otherwise, they were nice. They had Camry SE's for $19,999 at the end of March, still kicking myself for not jumping on that. I HIGHLY recommend checking the Friday LA Times print ads, between Manhattan Beach Toyota and DCH Toyota, I don't think you can get a better deal. They compete on loss leaders.
  • hanzo1hanzo1 Posts: 2
    Bought my 2012 Camry SE 4cy. in Magnetic Gray Metallic on Sunday here in Northern Ca., no options, standard SE features were plenty enough for me. I used the Costco Program and the dealership honored the price 21,889, otd 24,152 , taxes are 8.75 . They also honored the Toyota offer of 2.9 for 60 months but gave me 2.59 because " we like your credit score". I will mail off my Toyota rebate today and cross my fingers it comes.

The initial salesman was fine but the Finance guy was full of shananigans. He tried to switch the price, caught him on that. Then I caught one fee of 299, whats that? Thats a fee for the door code in case your doors get stolen" , caught that. I put the car on my existing insurance policy before I went to buy and got proof via the internet, so was able to give them proof of insurance and I did not buy a extended warranty. Cutting out all the ways a dealership can hook with fees that are profit for them seems the smart move.The Finance guy was mad with me because " all I wanted was the car". True that.
    I have narrowed my search to the 4 cylinder XLE with Convenience Package, Navigation(not premium), Leather upgrade with power and heat for front seats, floor mats and window tint.

The MSRP for this has been close to $30,000

The best quote so far has been $28,400 out the door from a dealer in the Dallas fort worth area.
    Let us know if you find a better deal. I'm researching several models and an xle with those precise features is on my short list.

Also, to be clear, when you say "out the door" do you mean sales price or are you also including TTL? I assume the former but want to be sure.
    nflguy.. is this before TTL and also would you mind sharing the dealer info? please
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    A reporter would like to speak to anyone between the age of 20 and 30 who needed financial help from a parent to buy a new car. If you fit this description – or if you are a parent who has helped a 20-something son or daughter buy a new car - and you’d like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than 3 p.m. Pacific/6 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 3, 2012.
    That is after tax. It's the out the door price.I got this quote from two dealers. One is Rockwall Toyota (east of dallas) and the other at Grapevine Toyota.

I was ready to put a deposit down when it was pointed out to me (by a friend) that apparently there are two different leather options.

The Premium leather upgrade option is added by the distributor.

The Leather package added by the manufacturer includes leather trim for the doors and center console.

This car is for my wife so i need her to see the difference between the two types prior to sealing the deal.
    What kind of "out the door" prices have you been getting for an XLE with these features? Better then $28,400 out the door?
    So the dealers offering me $28,400 out the door have to get the car from other dealers or the distributor for this area. It could take a few weeks.

Another dealer emailed me tonight and said he just got a Camry that fits my needs but it doesn't have leather. He said he can add heated leather in tri color or solid color but the heat controls will be on the side of the seat instead of the console.

Anyone know if there is a major difference between factory leather for xle, leather added by the distributor, and leather added by dealer. Also, is it normal for heat controls on the xle to be on the side of the seat?
    Just starting looking and haven't gotten any firm quotes yet. I'm still trying to get an idea about pricing.

However, based on what I've seen a 4-cyl XLE with the convenience, moonroof, nav and leather for $26,700 pre-tax seems like a great price. That's a good bit lower than all the "pricing estimates" I've seen online.

I don't know enough about the difference in the leather packages to make a difference. I'd tend to think a factory installed leather package would be superior to a dealer installed, but I have no experience to back that up.