Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have an 05 Ram 1500 quadcab SLT (silver w/ balck lthr) 5.7 HEMI,factory auto-start,sunroof, pwr driver seat, slider, color matched lid, w/9600miles on it. what should I be asking for it? :D
  • Trying to find some way to get Employee discount to save some money instead of paying roughly 48,000 for it any help would be great
  • I live in Missouri and just purchased a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT with the Hemi engine & 5-spd auto, 20" wheels, brand new Goodyear tires, and most power options. It has 63,xxx miles and was a local 1 owner trade-in. It is white and silver outside, dark gray cloth inside. Super nice straight truck with no body work ever. I paid $15,000. Not bad for a truck that retails for over $21,000.

Thanks, David
  • zeniffzeniff Posts: 7
    Maybe some of you should consider Daimler Chrysler's stance on the environment before you up and buy their vehicles. Buying from a company that could care less about the environment doesn't give them any motive to change their ways. Check out these websites for more info on Daimler Chrysler's thoughts about global warming:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=119166

http://www.inform.kz/showarticle.php?lang=eng&id=147616

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6247371.stm?ls
  • please say that you walked from that deal. If you singed onto that, you got screwed.
  • "Not bad for a truck that retails for over $21,000". Not so fast. I think you missed the class on depreciation held over at the RealWorldValues disussion board here on Edmunds.com.

This deal wasn't bad only if you were the seller. Think about it, the seller got to use the truck for three model years and 63,000 miles and only took a 34% hit in depreciation! Using your figures, you only saved $6000 from new and got a truck in the autumn of its serviceable life at 63,000 miles.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• dustykdustyk Posts: 2,926
    There are four engines available in the RAM. A 3.7 V-6, a 4.7 V-8, the 5.7 V-8 Hemi, and the Cummins Diesel.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • 2006 Dodge 2500 leftover with a 5.7 Hemi V-8

FUNCTIONAL / SAFETY FEATURES
    Next Generation Multistage Front Air Bags**
    Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
    Manual Shift-on-the-Fly Transfer Case
    Power Steering
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    136-Ampere Alternator
    34-Gallon Fuel Tank
    Var. Intermittent Windshield Wipers

INTERIOR FEATURES
    Air Conditioning
    4-Spoke Steering Wheel
    Tilt Steering Column
    40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
    Rear Folding Seat
    Instrument Cluster with Tachometer
    AM/FM Stereo with CD Player
    4 Speakers
    Passenger Assist Handle
    Auxiliary 12-Volt Power Outlet
    Rear Underseat Storage Compartment

EXTERIOR FEATURES
    Bright Rear Bumper with Step Pads
    6" x 9" Black Mirrors
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    Cargo Lamp
    17" x 7.5" Steel Argent Styled Wheels
    LT245/70R17E BSW All Season Tires

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
    Cloth 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
    Customer Preferred Package 26A
    5-Speed Auto 545RFE Transmission
    Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
    Folding Trailer Tow Mirrors
    Bright Grille
    Speed Control
    LT245/70R17E BSW On-/Off-Road Tires
    Tow Hooks

Sticker price: $34510.00 and I am paying $24,500. Interest rate of 6.25% for 48 months. What do you think? A Good Buy? :shades:
  • My 18 year old purchased his first new truck. Not fancy...a 2006 brand new Dodge 1500, standard V-6 with air, 17" tires, cd player, chrome wheels, cloth seats, heavy duty bumper, etc. I thought he received a good price....$14,200 out the door....tax, title and all! yee-ha! it was what he could afford to pay cash for and considering he doesn't graduate from high school until May, I think he made an excellent deal. It was brand new....he could have purchased 2007 model for same price but it didn't have wheel covers or cloth seats, and of course, wasn't as pretty.
  • i paid below invoice with no hiden cost or nothing if you guys want the dealership name email me at montelongosal@yahoo.com :)
  • docmark1docmark1 Posts: 4
    Just got a new 2007 Ram 1500 SXT 3.7L V6 standard bed, AUTO/air/AM/FM/CD/PW/PD/PM/cruise/bedliner/chrome wheels/Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle Sticker $25,400 Paid $15900+tax and tags. No doc fees. No Haggle price in Hickory NC.
  • mag540mag540 Posts: 1
    Purchased 5/17/2007
    2007 Ram 1500 Thunder Road Package
    sticker $36,987.00
    factory cash back $6000.00
    Dealer discount $4000.00

Paid $26987.00

Utica NY
  • I bought a new 2007 1500 5.7L 2WD with the Laramie/SLT package and paid $31,000. Leather Seats, 20" wheels, Nav. system, satelite radio, and tow package. Dealers price was $42,000. California.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    The dodge ram 1500 is advertised frequently the last 3 years for about 12000 off list. $14000 is not unheard of but infrequent in ads for the 35000-38000 models. $12000 off sticker would be an average deal.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • mwlmwl Posts: 5
    This month we have stairstep program to clear out remaining 07's. You can get to $12k off list. On the 08's, i can get to $9k off already.

"The Straightshooter"
  • baccefbaccef Posts: 1
    Earlier this summer there was a free Hemi deal.If the dealer still has one of these vehicles should the Hemi still be Free??
  • I'm Personally in the market for a remaining 07 Ram. Test drove one yesterday that stickered for 34,000 and not sure what to offer. The sales person just offering the 6,000 cash on it right now. I'm in cincinnati ohio, anyone know of any dealerships doing better than that?
    Check out the last 10 or so posts

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm Personally in the market for a remaining 07 Ram. Test drove one yesterday that stickered for 34,000 and not sure what to offer. The sales person just offering the 6,000 cash on it right now. I'm in cincinnati ohio, anyone know of any dealerships doing better than that?
  • frinkafrinka Posts: 3
    Go in and offer 24k out the door which includes taxes, tags, license, etc. Are there "add-on's" like pinstripe, bug deflector, etc? Look at the sticker price first and make sure its 34k. If they tell you "no" give them your phone number and tell them to call you when they are ready and W-A-L-K O-U-T. It is your money. There are many dealers. I bought a Mega Cab, 2006 leftover with a sticker at 37,9K. I paid 25k out the door. I made this deal over the phone. Don't be scared to walk out. They will call you.
  • find out the true invoice. you shouldn't pay a penny over invoice, then subtract the rebate $6,000.00. and absolutely pay no dealer service fees. you just got a lousy sales person. insist on seeing the sales manager and tell him you don't have time for bs. so to clarify pay no more than $6,000.00 below invoice. if you have the balls theres plenty of dealer cash available to pay $7,000.00 below invoice. don"t be anxious.
  • Went in (8/25/07) local dealer, left with no deal.
    MSRP ~36,500 -6000 (rebate) -4100 (perferred discount) = $26635 with trade-in. Owe 13,500 they offer 14,000 (excellent @ kbb is 14,300), I want $24k + TTL. Am I crazy for wanting that :sick: , also they didnt have any on there lot so they were looking online...I am going to give a larger dealer in the city a try tomorrow. They have about 10 on lot but only 3or4 I will consider.

Advice anyone... :confuse:
  • frinkafrinka Posts: 3
    OK......no, you are not crazy for walking. What type of trade in? How much did you pay for it? How much did you already invest in its purchase? Tell them 24,5 out the door which includes TTL....crazy? No. Why? There are plenty of dealers out there.
    With your trade wholesale and 10000 off you have almost an 11000+ off msrp deal now. The average would be 12000. (if your trade is more than 3 years old it probalby isn't excellent either) If this guy is the only one with the Ram in yellow with blue polka dots and with exactly what you want within 140 miles you may want to tease him the last few days of the month and see what happens. You are nearing average territory now. The dodge website shows dealer inventory and who has exactly what you want.

Also get your financing in order for local banks and credit unions to see the better rates you qualify for. Its silly to quibble for 1200 or such and give away 2500+ over 4 years in financing.

Go to dodge's website and solicit email bids from 10-20 of the dealers within 100 miles for the truck with colors and necessary options. Tell them you are soliciting 20 bids in the email. Phone some of the smaller ones with no internet listed on the site. This saves tons of legwork and cuts to the chase end of month rather quick. If you get lucky and find a dealer in a bind you maybe able to get 14000+ off msrp and better financing than your credit union.

Good luck
    --jjf

Went in (8/25/07) local dealer, left with no deal.
    MSRP ~36,500 -6000 (rebate) -4100 (perferred discount) = $26635 with trade-in. Owe 13,500 they offer 14,000 (excellent kbb is 14,300), I want $24k + TTL. Am I crazy for wanting that , also they didnt have any on there lot so they were looking online...I am going to give a larger dealer in the city a try tomorrow. They have about 10 on lot but only 3or4 I will consider.

Advice anyone...
  • Tried the other dealer today, still no go. Truck MSRP 37590, in the end it was $545/60months/0%=32,700out-the-door. At first I thought I was getting -6000 and 0%, until I told him to do the math. They were going to give me 14500 for my car, 05 dodge neon srt4 36k. I still owe 13,300, paid 22.5k out the door(first new car, boy was I stupid).
    I wont do over 27k out the door, and I dont want to give up any options.
    My head hurts, have to go to sleep now.
  • phertelphertel Posts: 13
    You did not settle with a deal you are not happy with, so you have yet to fail. They have failed to make a sale. I know in KC, they are offering less off the 07's on the Rams (they all seem to say $11,500 off and that is without me getting into the fine print) but a lot of them are offering $10,000 or $11,000 off 08's.
    Good luck, and congrats on learning a lesson after your first car buy.
  • eltipoeltipo Posts: 21
    Looking to get a real good deal on an '07 Ram Quad Cab 1500 SLT w/ Sprt package, Nav, Tow, Protection, Hemi, etc. MSRP is 41,500. Dealer offering $8000 in rebates. I think I can get an otd price before rebate to 30000-32500. Am I nuts?

I really think you can play hardball with these trucks right now. Any help would be great.

Thanks, :)
    Is this a new leftover 07? I don't know, are you nuts? You mean for paying as much as you want otd.? The 36000 msrp 07 models sold for 12000+ off msrp all day long 8 months ago. I would want at least 13000-14000 off a 08 $41000 dodge 1500. Possibly more if the msrp increase from 07 is sizeable.

You should be able to get a new 08 like you stated for about your price or less, assuming 2500 or so is tax.

Lookup your 07 vehicle used on kbb.com and nada.com with 14000 miles on it. If it is new with low miles (1000) add about $1000-2000 or so to the wholesale used price for the price of a leftover new 07. Don't be surprised if you can work almost as good a deal as 30k otd on a new 08 amongst other dealers and your dealer won't play ball. They like to work these leftovers and demos for like new money. Its almost an ego thing.

Add about 15-20% or so (about 5500-6000 I guess) to the used wholesale 07 price for a target on a new 08.

Looking to get a real good deal on an '07 Ram Quad Cab 1500 SLT w/ Sprt package, Nav, Tow, Protection, Hemi, etc. MSRP is 41,500. Dealer offering $8000 in rebates. I think I can get an otd price before rebate to 30000-32500. Am I nuts?

I really think you can play hardball with these trucks right now. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Yow! I looked up an 07 model of your truck in 4wd and got a wholesale of $20000. If thats right 30 k is way too much for an 08 even. Double check me.

--jjf