Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• thechosonthechoson Posts: 32
    Was the free maintenance with just the 06 models onwards?

Or would anything 2003 and beyond still have some of it?

Thanks
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    2003 cars could have it. Heck a 2002 purchased in late 03 might might a bit if it's under 4 years since purchase date and under 50k miles on the odometer.

Pre-2006 would be the e46 cars.
  • thechosonthechoson Posts: 32
    Thanks for the info.

The reason I'm looking at BMW is cause I carsat my friend's 2006 325i for a weekend,and totally fell in love. First time I drove a BMW and it was just amazing, imo.

I know the 2006 was a total redesign, but in terms of that driving dynamic, is there a huge difference between that and the e46?
    To me it's a wide gulf but to others it's a progression forward. Drive both and make up your mind from there. As i posted before, you can get 06 325is for a song right now as the 07 328 eclipsed it.
  • joe131joe131 Posts: 996
    and what would a song be?
    Mid 20s... I just saw a listing in LA for an 06 325i with premium, auto and 16k miles: $26k.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,926
    ...of them making seat leather out of gloves. :confuse:
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,626
    You mean the CTS or Lexus leather gloves or the premium MB/BMW heavy duty premium style?

Reards,
    OW
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    The TL is an outstanding value and this fact is recognized my almost everyone. It gives you a lot for the money and it a far more reasonably priced than a 328i. That is why Acura sells so many. On top of that its got an interior that is potentially best in class.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 73,023
    4yr/50K started in 2003... Most of those cars will be at the end of the cycle by now... pre-2003 only had 3yr/36K on the maintenance plan..

I'd suggest 2006 models... Plenty of warranty and maintenance left on those...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

All of this is not subjective and that is the problem here. When people refute commonly accepted facts with their personal opinions and then act as if their biased opinions are facts things get dicey. We have people arguing that the 3 series is cheaper than the G35 when that is completely not true. How can you have a discussion in which people refuse to acknowledge basic truths because those truths are odds with their biases?
    Does anyone know for sure if the next TL will have AWD? I would assume it will because Acura cant continue to increase power with FWD only. I think AWD will make the TL much more of a contender for those who are biased against FWD. Personally, I dont care because most of the time FWD isnt going to make any difference. The TL outsells several RWD competitors so obviously there are many people out there who arent turned off by its FWD layout.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    Disagree. You have people stating how they could obtain the 3 series of their choice for x dollars. The contention is the x dollars is now on parity.

What seems to be truth or fact to you is opinion for another.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    "Personally, I dont care because most of the time FWD isnt going to make any difference."

You hit the nail on the head when you say "I don't care". Some do, some don't.

"The TL outsells several RWD competitors so obviously there are many people out there who arent turned off by its FWD layout."

A lot of people buy the "A" badge, in the same way people buy the propeller or "L".
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    The next gen TL, slated for 09, will offer SH-AWD.

The guys from my dealership have been to the Acura Convention and we're informed of this.
    What nobody knows yet is what it'll look like, if it'll be bigger or smaller, etc.That is still completely under wraps.
    We have people arguing that the 3 series is cheaper than the G35 when that is completely not true.

And yet any person here can order a 3 ED and in fact get it cheaper than a G. How can you deny that? Not sure, considering people in this forum have purchased cars via ED.

The G is cheaper for what I would order but it also feels cheaper to me. Would I pay more for a BMW...yes, I already did. Will I get the expected return? Ditto.

Regards,
    OW
    Get ready to rumble on the AWD thing. To me, it is a great choice but to others, it takes away from the driving experience.

If what you say is true, the TL moves up the list IMO.

Regards,
    OW
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    MSRP to MSRP comparison then it's not. The only way to compare price in a public forum seems to me is comparing MSRP and MSRP only. Because maybe blueguy here has all the mileage in the world to get 10 million free trip to Europe to pick up his car but rockylee on the other corner has the GM employee discount oh and don't forget, maybe louiswei here is loading his Lexus card up so when it's time to purchase his next IS he'll be able to get it with hefty $5K discount...

Yup, MSRP comparison seems fair.
  • 03accordman03accordman Posts: 671
    " am going to go out on a limb here - I have no real backing for my claim here.

From reading the posts here and at various forums, I think that people who buy BMW have to justify to themselves that it is OK to overpay for drive/handling that a BMW is known for. They are also OK dealing with all the reliability problems that come with a BMW because, hey, all they care about is drive/handling. Now the moment someone tries to question that, it becomes a big deal since that is the primary reason they overpaid and was the fundamental basis of their decision. How dare you question that I cannot feel my BMW's handling when I am driving in stop and go traffic commuting to work

I think I may need to buy a BMW just to experience that for myself Better get back to work as I am going to need a lot of moolah... "

I don't think BMW owners need to justify their spending on the car to anyone, and I can at least speak for myself. Its when someone tells me that "I" will not be able to feel the driving experience in 'my', that's when I have a problem. I never tell you what you may or may not feel about your car, so how can you? Yes, how dare you tell me how I will or won't feel about my drive?

Secondly, yes, I do drive my car mostly to commute to office, and I do feel the difference compared to other cars I have driven over the same commute. You may or may not feel it, and I can't tell you you do or don't!