Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    I didn't like its bucket seats

Without it then it's not a "sports sedan" you know...

it lacked pickup

Maybe, then you should take a trip down to your local BMW dealer and try the new 335i. I would like to see you repeat that same statement with a straight face afterward.

Nice radio though

BMW was never, and still isn't, known for nice radios...

Why am I not surprised to see Buick calling the LaX Super a "performance sedan" since Saturn has already called the Aura a "sports sedan"... :sick:
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    have you ever driven a 3-series before?[unquote] [Answer]Yes! I've driven my daughter's 2004 BMW 330i

When the car came in 2004 was it lacking? I don't think so.

So, in my opinion, the LaCrosse Super does belong in this discussion.

It's a nose heavy, FWD car with a big engine. It is a highway cruiser not up to the same performance standards as other cars in this group. Performance is about turning the wheel also. It is not entry level luxury according to edmunds. It does not belong in this discussion. Buick can call it what ever it wants.
    Why am I not surprised to see Buick calling the LaX Super a "performance sedan" since Saturn has already called the Aura a "sports sedan"... :sick:

Then the accord is a sports sedan. :sick
  • sjaievesjaieve Posts: 252
    To "sjaiave": Yes, I actually bought the Buick.

All the best with the Buick. Just dont try racing/outperforming the real sports sedans

335i
    IS350
    Infiniti G35

In that order :shades:
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    The Buick Lacrosse V8 may be a performance sedan, as is the Chrysler 300C. However a performance sedan and a sports sedan are not quite the same thing. The 300C is a bit too big for a serious sports sedan, as is the BMW 7-series.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    And for any number of reasons I'd take a 300C over a LaCrosse Super any day of the week. Buick FTL.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I'll ride the bus if I can only choose between the LaX and 300C...
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 11,700
    louiswei defending our beloved BMWs :P Thinking of trading in your IS350 anytime soon (nudging you with my elbow) ;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

• circlewcirclew Posts: 8,626
    ...lame compared to...

Regards,
    OW
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I don't get it... LOL
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 3,128
    I'll guess it's a non-functional link to an ironic image comparing disparate items a la a Lacrosse to a 3... Ooooh, I'm using big words today!

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

• sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    Yes. The Lacrosse, Impala SS and Grand Prix are not good choices for a "performance" car. Although FWD will make them better on slippery winter highways. An AWD performance or better yet, an AWD sport sedan would be best for winter as well as all around driving.

One point that needs to be made perhaps is that not everyone has the same idea of what is the "best" car. I like my SRX although it is a bit on the thirsty side.
    That was a good one there nyccarguy. ;)

Nah, I actually went to test drive the 335i twice after it came out, I guess my expectation was too high so I didn't end up impressed. The acceleration felt about the same as my IS350 in sports mode and although the handling is definitely better (with sports package that is) but that's an easy fix with the Eibach springs (just got them installed last month).

I guess the most important issue for me is that I still can't get pass 3er's interior...

I am really liking the 135i though, too bad that it doesn't come with 2 extra doors.
    I guess the most important issue for me is that I still can't get pass 3er's interior...

Different strokes for different folks. I have always like BMW interiors. :surprise
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    "One point that needs to be made perhaps is that not everyone has the same idea of what is the "best" car. I like my SRX although it is a bit on the thirsty side."

Then just be glad you don't have a 6000 SUX. :shades:

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I was just letting everyone know the GN was rear wheel drive and a BUICK. GM has dyslexia. Now, a LaX is sporty...go figure. My dad's RWD Buick Skylark (350ci V-8) was more fun to drive than a non-descript LaX.

I agree with fedlawman...let's give GM about 5 years to adapt to good cars again. The we can compare and decide if OK to consider them again.

Regards,
    OW
    Don't all GM divisions have one iteration of a SUX.. for LaX of a better abbreviation!

Regards,
    OX
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,926
    Then just be glad you don't have a 6000 SUX

Or a Canyonero. :P
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 11,700
    Sorry bro...couldn't resist :P

What made you have the Eibach Springs installed? Are you happy with their performance over the stock setup? How much did you lower the car?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

Well, I installed the Eibach springs because I want the lower stance and better handling. I've got them for almost 2 months now and I am happy so far with the performance and the look. With the springs the body roll has been dramatically reduced, the artificial stiffness feel has been replace by a better (or should I say normal) stiffness feel and the steering response also improved slightly. Upon installation, the suspension actually felt softer than the stock setup but once it's settled down after couple weeks, that "softness" was gone. Kind of weird but other users have also reported about this.

I've lowered the front by 1" and rear by 0.8". It's a mild drop.

Here are some pictures with the Eibach springs: