Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail Full Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail Full Test

Edmunds Road Tests the 2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail. A capable off-road SUV, can this Toyota SUV serve as a competent daily driver, too?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    An excellent long-term fleet candidate.
  • Options
    cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    That is one ugly face!
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Or- for the same price- you can buy a Grand Cherokee- which can do all the off road that a 4Runner can do- plus it's also a nice car. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know who would buy this vehicle. There are better (less expensive) choices for off-road capability, and way better mid-size SUV choices. Do 20-something off-road enthusiasts have $40K for a car?

I don't get it. Oh well.
  • Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Solid rig, incredible off road - So then, that front end 'clip' just don't do it for me, the limited has a different "front clip" and looks allot better, but not nearly $50,000K worth of looks. With all the innovation Toyota has? And even though this is a truck on frame design and a heavy one! They have got to improve fuel economy, this is 2014 not the 80's - Unless you're running with the wind, no pasengers, no cargo, properly inflated tires, and only a driver you might get close to the MPG. Mid-cycle front end clip change?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I would swear that when I looked at the comments earlier somebody spoke of the Xterra. That was on a computer using IE though, and this one uses Firefox. Hmmm. Anyway, this, the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Xterra are the last mid-size offroaders left. The 4Runner trumps the Xterra by having a coil-sprung back end, but it costs you. The regular Cherokee is far smaller than 4Runner inside AFAIK and the Grand Cherokee is way more expensive.