Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Toyota Tundra Prices

Comments

• Options
    david6david6 Member Posts: 75
    I was offered a Tundra for 3% over invoice . . . according to the dealer, his standard deal, regardless of equipment. Not bad, but I think that if he's going to order it from the factory for me he'd be making money at invoice, so I'm not sure that I want to go with 3%.
  • Options
    schroederaschroedera Member Posts: 13
    I was lucky to speak to a direct representative at his home before rounds. They are in the book under Friedken Companies or Gulf States Toyota and on the web as well. As far as the Port "Forget it". It is on Hardy Road here in Houston and locked town tighter than a Nuns habit. It is a very secire facility and visitors are not welcome. If you read this Nguyen drop me a note about Marshall Toyota.
  • Options
    tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    I ordered my SR5 V8 Access Cab 4x4 from Rice's Toyota World in Greensboro, NC in July for $900 over INVOICE. This turned out to be a little over $2600 off of the STICKER price. I did not pay for any pin stripes or Toyoguard protection. Mine has the convenience pkg, 3-in-1 CD, fog lights, hitch, color-keyed flares, and distributor installed alloys. Total price before tax was $26,216. I had to wait about 35 days. There ARE reasonable dealers out there. F.Y.I.--You can get a bedliner(over or under rail) from your local Pendaliner dealer for around $179. I have over 2300 miles on my Tundra now and got 15.93 mpg on my last fill-up(today) with 85% city driving. I absolutely love this truck.
  • Options
    schroederaschroedera Member Posts: 13
    Yes, I ordered mine from Chris already but he has had a knee problem and went in for surgery this week and will be out for a week. I wanted leather but no CQ package. No "CQ" no leather. So I went with CQ. He said he will pick me up in Shreveport when I get there. They sent me the invoice and I ordered my truck September 6th, the order was put in September 14th. I hope if they get the changes in so it will take less time to arrive. No "CQ" no "Alarm" so now I can have the factory Alarm. I ordered a new Clifford Alarm system for $269 and will have to sell as I will hopefully end up with one when it arrives. I called today and they are inundated with orders. Because they are small and the price right it is going to pay off for them in the long run. Drop your email so I can stay in touch.
    alex@hic.net
  • Options
    apghunterapghunter Member Posts: 6
    I have been loking into purchasing for the past 2 months. I started noticing more and more tundras on the dealers lots. I found a nice white limited 4x4 that listed for $29,150. the salesman was telling me how hot they are and after I told him I'd been keeping track of the inventory and the same 6 tundras have been around for 6 weeks they dropped the price to $1000 over invoice but I want $500. Be patient they are not as "hot" as the dealer wants you to believe. BTW I'm in the Balto.MD area
  • Options
    wmonsmawmonsma Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in the Tundra and wondered what some of you may be buying them for. I am looking for the extended cab with V8 and most options. A dealer here is advertising for 25,585k. Good??? Most dealers I have talked with won't deal. Why? They claim that they don't have to as the integrity of Toyota is so strong you either pay their price or find something else. On two occasions, I did, and after 10 years would like to come back to Toyota. So what should I expect to pay?
  • Options
    pchengpcheng Member Posts: 162
    Look for a different dealer. It really depends on what part of the country you're in. I'm in the East Coast. Here you can find a Tundra for around $1,000 over invoice. Bought my LTD (loaded) for $29,000 in PA.
  • Options
    robocomprobocomp Member Posts: 7
    Just got my new jade green, 4x4 limited, access
    cab tundra with all the extras (leather, 6disc,
    abs, steps, cold pkg, trd, bedliner, floor mats, alarm) for $200 over invoice ($28500). This is the lowest i have seen on the net. If anyone is interested email me and i will give you the strategy that took a week to work. thanks
  • Options
    lissliss Member Posts: 4
    I live in the heart of the Midwest,you know the chevy and ford country.What I'm looking for is a Tundra dealer in these parts whom will sell $900 or less over invoice.You would think I could find a hell of a deal since Indiana is only about 500 miles away.
  • Options
    bob223bob223 Member Posts: 8
    I live in Indiana and couldn't get them to go down on the price. Right now the tundra's are selling within a week of delivery to the dealers. And the dealers are really jacking the price up, 2,500 over msrp.The prices should go down after the first of the year when production catches up to demand. Good luck.
  • Options
    jlee100jlee100 Member Posts: 7
    I just finalized a deal today at Crow Brothers Toyota in Tulsa today. Dealer knocked $1000 of sticker but he also gave me $8000 for my 95 Blazer with 114K miles, 2 wheel drive. I think I made out pretty good but you are right, went to another dealer in Tulsa and they would not come off sticker at all. Jim Norton Toyota in Tulsa does have quite a few on their lot, mostly 4 wheel drive, but they would not deal off the sticker.
  • Options
    toddforemantoddforeman Member Posts: 1
    The Toyota Dealer in Columbus Indiana is selling me a limited 4x4 he had on the lot for $1000 over invoice and holdback. Dealers in Indianapolis won't budge on MSRP unless you go through Carpoint.com but then they won't give anything for your trade! They would rather get the extra grand from the next guy unless you are willing to let them rip you off on your trade.
  • Options
    pauuulpauuul Member Posts: 1
    I just learned that Sams has a relationship with many dealers including Toyota Dealers relative to no dicker prices for Sams Club members. I was quoted a price today $1800 off sticker for a 4x4 Limitted nicely loaded. You might inquire as to the Sams Club representative at the dealership.
  • Options
    epoeepoe Member Posts: 56
    I believe that, as a first year product, Toyota is VERY interested in putting up numbers.. They want to sell as many Tundras as they can. This is good for a future legacy on the Tundra. Don't give in on this and you will get a great deal! May be a future 'Camry' of pickups! Good luck
  • Options
    kentekente Member Posts: 28
    I bought a Tundra Friday for $2000 off the sticker at Koon's Toyota in Westminster Md.
  • Options
    RayDRayD Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I have been quoted in N. California:

SR5, 4AT, V8, AB, BL, CQ, DH, DZ, V3, CA, AL, CK, LF, CF in Thunder Grey
    $24,603 plus fees

I would really like the Captains Chairs as I have heard of nightmares with the bench seat but everything else looks good.

RayD
  • Options
    Definitely wait for the Capt. Chair. I love mine.
  • Options
    raeseraese Member Posts: 9
    I also live in Northern Ca.. Can't find anyone to go below MSRP; Where did you get your quote?
  • Options
    robocomprobocomp Member Posts: 7
    Contact me about a new loaded limited Tundra a few hundred over invoice.
  • Options
    pr4mncpluspr4mncplus Member Posts: 22
    What's up with the front seating? The Dealerships here in Arizona say that the Limited doesn't come with the bench seat, only the captains chairs. I prefer the bench so I can seat six in the truck. Anyone know anything different? BTW, I haven't heard anything about nightmares with the bench seat as previously noted. Any info?
  • Options
    mmarcummmarcum Member Posts: 16
    I preferenced a cloth bench on my LTD. It took about 6 weeks to get it in but I think it was well worth it.BTW no squeaks or rattles.
  • Options
    gibuckigibucki Member Posts: 1
    You Manfred Man aficionados know the meaning! Having not much luck at finding a local Toyota dealer in central Iowa that participates in the internet purchasing biz, e.g., Carpoint.com, Autobytel. Looking at Tundra Access Cab Limited w/add options. Will travel some distance to pickup, but prefer to do within 300 mile radius from Des Moines.
    Thanks in advance....Geo
  • Options
    swsheridanswsheridan Member Posts: 4
    Checkout Toyota's dealer locator at http://www.toyota.com/dealer/ You can get a list of all Toyota dealers within a specified radius (up to 250 miles) from your zip code. It's several clicks to get the websites, e-mail, and/or phone numbers.

Note that the Dealer Locator link on Toyota's homepage seems to be broken, but I was able to locate the pages indirectly.

In general, you can find plenty of useful information (vehicle specs, dealers, pictures, statistics) at manufacturer's websites -- if you are willing to put up with the gee-whiz web tricks and initial propoganda.
  • Options
    emalnakemalnak Member Posts: 17
    LTD 4x2 access cab plus weather pkg, abs,leather,premium stereo, mats, liner with tonnaue cover destination charge. Edmunds sez. $24,155 dealer cost and $28,076 list, not including prep, advertising fee and tax.
    Question is, are these numbers right?
    Any coments?
  • Options
    You cannot deduct dealer holdback. Period. The 2-3% holdback is paid directly to the dealer for on-site maintenance (advertising, insurance, etc) for the first 90-days the truck sits at the dealership. If the truck doesn't sell during that time, then the dealership eats the costs for upkeep until the truck sells. When you figure invoice, that is what the dealer pays and that is what you are negotiating towards. BTW, don't forget the destination charge - non-negotiable.

Emalnak, your numbers look correct. I've priced the Limited 2WD with the CD changer, tonneau cover and bedliner package, ABS, RS3000 Alarm for 23,581 invoice. You can double check those numbers with CarOrder.com, Autobytel.com, and BuyersGuide.msn. All these sites also give you the matching numbers. The only discrepency was the destination charge is $480 not $420.

BTW, I'm ordering my new Tundra Limited 2WD from CarOrder.com for the invoice price. I've used the internet before to buy our '99 Mustang GT Convertible (Autobytel), but not this particular service. The local Toyota dealerships here in AZ are not close enough to the invoice. CarOrder promises to deliver the truck right to my door. It sounds too good to be true, guess we'll see. Has anyone out there used this service before??
  • Options
    kheningekheninge Member Posts: 2
    pr4mncplus,

I'm suprised that you are getting such a good price from carorder.com. Whenever I try them, their price ends up being over msrp. Right now I get $25,102 for the 2wd limited with no options. What is your zip code, mine is 85248. Any hints would be appreciated.

- Kurt
  • Options
    dockinsmdockinsm Member Posts: 15
    I picked my Tundra up from the dealer rather than have it delivered. That was a personal choice, I wanted to check everything at the dealer. I've had the Tundra since Saturday and it's great! If you got invoice price you got a great deal. Mine was ordered August 29th for $1000 over invoice. The truck actually came in with more than I asked for. CO picked up the cost, but I had to be insistent about it. I was very skeptical about the whole thing, but it's the real deal.
  • Options
    jbcausjbcaus Member Posts: 3
    My 2 cents about shopping experiences for Tundra's:

Front Seats - Bucket vs Bench: I read one article and disagree that bucket and bench seats feel the same. Buckets are deeper and molded a bit for more secure fit. Personal preference and needs (5 vs 6 person seating) is most important. Just test drove a Tundra w/ Bench seats and vibration rattle was very noticeable. The open center and console is preferable to me.

Back Seats: Definitely marginal for adults. I like the Access Cab so that I can carry more people on short trips, but don't fool yourself that a full cab on long trips will be pleasant. As for rumored back seat redesign, any inclining of the now straight seatback will further decrease leg room unless the cab is lengthened - probably unlikely.

Toyota shopping and prices: I had poor experiences in the Austin TX area. In addition to inflated MSRP's and low-ball trade values, they wanted to charge additional fees to locate the desired vehicle. I drove to Houston this past weekend and got a reasonable deal. Nothing to brag about really, but compared to Austin was about $3K to $3.5K less (including my trade-in). Armed w/ Edmund's data and lots of researched, I even tried to argue some points with a particular dealer in North Austin. Their stance was; hot vehicle, pay our sticker or go away. So I went to Houston.
  • Options
    scullaryscullary Member Posts: 5
    Which dealer in Houston did you buy from and did you try any dealers in San Antonio?
  • Options
    jbcausjbcaus Member Posts: 3
    I did not checkout any dealers in San Antonio. The interest in Houston was that I was going over there to visit friends anyway. The Houston area dealer I'm purchasing from is Fred Haas located in Spring (North Houston). You can checkout all the Houston area dealers via the website www.toyotapowerteam.com
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I do not agree with your view on dealer holdback. This is a direct "rebate" paid to the dealer. This is why so many cars can be sold at (or below) invoice. It is really just a reduction in what the dealer has to pay. The advertising fee is added on to invoice and has nothing to do with the holdback.

Now finding a deal below invoice is still not that easy when you want a truck that is hot, but that is another story.
  • Options
    Well, I'm sorry you don't agree but it's a fact of life. The dealer holdback is NEVER negotiable and you'll find most people who got a good deal on invoice, got it strictly on negotiating towards the invoice. I think you would be surprised how many vehicles are NOT sold even close to invoice, let alone below. We bought our '99 Mustang BELOW invoice because we also got a $500 rebate. Most dealerships receive anywhere between a 1-3% holdback. IF the dealer is willing to give the car below invoice, they'll eat into their holdback, which is not the norm. After the vehicle has been on the lot for 90-days, that holdback holds NO VALUE, thus the dealer will certainly want to move the vehicle quickly. The dealer makes their money on the holdback, the salesperson is on their own to make their money for anything OVER invoice. BTW, I never said that the advertising fee is part of the holdback. That fee can be added to the invoice of the car, along with gas tax, and whatever else they can come up with. And finally, NO VEHICLE is ever HOT. I walked away from Lexus and will do so with Toyota. There are great deals out there, you just have to do some footwork (or internet work), which is why I'm getting my Y2K Tundra Lmtd for invoice.....
  • Options
    cueballcueball Member Posts: 4
    Call it what ever you want, holdback is profit to the dealer. Subtract holdback from invoice and add destination charge for dealer cost. Add 3% to that for profit and presto, bought a new Nissan Sentra off the lot in 30 minutes. Let some other fool pay MSRP, it happens all day. Shop around and be prepared to walk out. My dealer actually tried to haggle over $25 and when I stood up to leave he gave in. Vehicles in demand WILL command a higher profit (welcome to America). Use the Edmunds formula and split the difference with the dealer. Two of my vendor reps bought Tundra's this month, (sr5 access cabs) for $1000 and $1500 below MSRP, off the lot. Try it!
  • Options
    tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    You can buy one for much less than $1000 to $1500 below MSRP. I bought mine for just over $2600 off MSRP(That is $900 over invoice). I did not pay any ADP or prep charges. That was the best I could do in July. I'm sure you can do better now with a little persistence.
  • Options
    kentekente Member Posts: 28
    I bought an SR5 that had an MSRP of $29,853 for $27,877 at Koon's Toyota in Westminster, Maryland.
    That's $1976 below sticker. I probably could have done better but I like the dealership and the salesman (Joe Railsman). They have good service and very little BS.
  • Options
    gtc2gtc2 Member Posts: 5
    help. my toyo dealers idea of a good deal is 1200 off of the list price! allthough I love the truck I just can't bring myself to do it. Anyone know of a dealership in the northeast that will deal?
  • Options
    Shoot me a e-mail. I might be able to help you. I got a really good deal on my Tundra, an have referred other people to the same dealer. She's very good and will deliver to you. E-mail me at pcheng@ucmnet.com
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    You must have some great negotiating skills, very few people are paying invoice for the Tundra Limited. I have even read some posts where people say I paid msrp and it was worth it. I hope they didn't screw you too bad on your trade in.

I think you explained my point about dealer holdback better than I could have.
  • Options
    Actually, I used the very same when we bought our 99 GT Mustang Convertible ($250 UNDER invoice including the rebate). No trade-in. Never will and never would. You ALWAYS lose. And I know I'll enjoy the Tundra, just now have to endure the agonizing wait. BTW, thanks for the kudos - I think.... :o)
  • Options
    derek737derek737 Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody know of a good dealership anywhere in California, and I mean ANYWHERE in California, where there is a good deal to be had on a LTD 4x4? I'll happily travel to anywhere in the state to make a good deal. Not having much luck in Southern California.
  • Options
    stevie7stevie7 Member Posts: 1
    I thought i would join this discussion; I had read it before purchasing yesterday my Tundra. I found out several things in my search, which involved about 8 dealers. First, each dealer was different. I had offers of $1,000 to $2,000 below msrp. Some dealers didn't care to help, others wanted to charge to search for vehicles not on their lot; one even wanted to charge for swapping vehicles. On those, including one dealer with "market adjustment" I walked out. I also told the salesperson I wanted their best price the first time he walked back to the sales manager. When I received this price, I would take it away and consider it, and compare it with other offers. With my notebook in hand when I walked into a dealership I received attention and sincere service from people who wanted to sell cars. Second, everything was negotiable, if you are willing to walk out on the salesperson. I received $2,000 off, plus a bug shield plus accessories at the parts department cost. I forgot to negotiate on the price of an extended warranty and that kind of stuff--offer $50 over their cost--but there are better deals than on the dealers lot. Hope this helps
  • Options
    schwarmsschwarms Member Posts: 3
    This past weekend I saw my dealer in Roseville California. I had first signed up with Autobytel and was expecting the dealer to give me a price equal to invoice. The price was $1100- over invoice. I think I can do better. The dealer told me that due to supply and demand that was the best price I was going to get. Do you think it's possible to get a Tundra at invoice?
  • Options
    bone1bone1 Member Posts: 3
    I have been waiting for the tundra regular cabs to come out. Does anybody know or even heard any news in this regard. All the dealers have told me is soon. I just wonder if toyota is having production problems or if the market is slow for reg. cabs. Wantin a new truck soon.
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    Look at topic 795
  • Options
    neusslneussl Member Posts: 28
    The regular cabs have been out a long time. I purchased mine on Aug 21, 99. It is SR5, V-8 and 4X4. It is the best vehicle you'll ever buy, unless of course you purchase a new Land Cruiser or Lexus LX470. These 3 vehicles all share the same 4.7 litre V-8 which is made in Japan. There is no finer engine made.
  • Options
    jyukonjyukon Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone obtained a decent price on a Tundra in Minnesota? For that matter, does anyone have any positive or negative comments about dealers or their service departments in the Twin Cities? Any comments would be appreciated. I'm a former Toy owner but have not dealt with the dealers in the Cities.

Thanks
  • Options
    scullaryscullary Member Posts: 5
    I'm shopping for a good price on a 4wd Limited in San Antonio. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealer anywhere in Texas?
  • Options
    atoyotatoyot Member Posts: 58
    I know that Jerry Lew at Fred Haas in Spring, TX is doing $2000 off of MSRP. I just ordered my truck through that dealership and Jerry was most helpful and a nice guy. I didn't get it through Jerry as I went through a friend of the general manager, but Jerry was the one who met me on the parking lot one day while I was drooling and he showed me around for about an hour after I told him that I wouldn't be interested for another 6 months.
  • Options
    rainman1215rainman1215 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me any price experience on Toyota Tundra sr5 access in the Nashville market
  • Options
    erickwerickw Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have suggestions for
    good dealer(s) in the Spokane/North Idaho
    area? Also, has anyone had success dealing
    over the phone from out of state, and then
    taking delivery of the truck upon arriving
    (example: if you're relocating out of state
    and would like to purchase a truck in advance
    and have it waiting for you to pick up when
    you reach your destination)? Thanks a bunch!!
This discussion has been closed.