Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Toyota Tundra Prices

124»

Comments

• Options
    devil1devil1 Member Posts: 74
    anyone know if the leather seats come in gray or just oak?? I want leather but I don't really like beige on account of my dogs getting it dirty.

Also, what else does the limited come with.. Fender flares, cd, ??
  • Options
    rocky31rocky31 Member Posts: 7
    In ref to locating a dealer in the Southern Maine area, I would highly recommend a Toyota dealer in Stratham NH, Hurlberts Toyota. I searched every dealer in NH and Mass and even in Virginia, Penn and found Hurlberts to be the best deal, at $750 over invoice no add-on or gimmicks. Don't let any dealer tell you that the Dealer Advertising has to be paid in addition to the invoice. I had a dealer in Manchester NH try to tell me that because the Tundra is an import, I had to pay an additional $393.
    In ref to leather seating, the Limited only comes in Oak. The limited comes with Power Driver Seats, Premium CD (6 disc), painted mirrors/fenders, woodgrain dash and is 100 pounds heavier than the SR5 which allows you to tow 7,000 pounds. Your hitch will need to be installed by U-Haul or someone other than Toyota. The reason is simple, the additional weight places the Limited in a different weight class.
  • Options
    606zpx606zpx Member Posts: 75
    I can say for certainty that Tundra's sold within the SOutheast Toyota's Distributors realm have the option of aftermarket light grey leather buckets or bench. The only factory leather is available in Oak buckets on the limited. One note the factory and aftermarket leather costs nearly the same but the factory option includes leather wheel and simulated woodgrain dash
  • Options
    graydmgraydm Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have info on pricing of used Tundras? No available pricing on Kelly Blue Book or the Edmunds site.... I own a 4X4 Ltd and considering selling it......
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Use the T-100 as a guide. It is as close to the Tundra as you can get. You should get several hundred more (than the T-100 if you have the V-8). Why are you selling your Tundra?
  • Options
    graydmgraydm Member Posts: 2
    The Tundra is a great truck and Toyota has done an exceptional job on its production. However, I am selling my Tundra due to the need to commit my finances in other areas. I am located in Knoxville, TN and can be reached at Firemax1@AOL for anyone who might be interested in purchasing my Tundra......
  • Options
    westclanwestclan Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any luck getting a good deal in either Marin or Sonoma counties. After much searching and decision making I feel the Tundra is the truck for me.
  • Options
    janrlowejanrlowe Member Posts: 5
    Toyota finally wore me out waiting for Tundra to be offered in 2 wheel drive reg. cab V8 so closed a deal yesterday with Des Mines Iowa Toyota for a 4 wheel drive reg cab V8 SR5. Added convenience group and cold weather package. Total payment to dealer [no state taxes in this price] $22,705. Now someone please tell me I won't really be getting 13 mpg. I'm coming out of a 95 T100 2 wheel reg. cab. with 3.4 automatic that averaged 21 highway /17.9 city [warm weather] for 75,000 mile. Excellent truck...just starter solenoids and burnt out cig lighter in all those miles. Anybody need one?
  • Options
    rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    You may get13 mpg on the first tank but it should improve from there. I'm getting 15 in stop and go traffic and 18.4 on the hwy @65-70 with 7000 on the ODO. The biggest problem is keeping a light foot on the petal. It's just too much fun!
  • Options
    RaycdRaycd Member Posts: 1
    Have you tried Novato Toyota? I have dealt with Barry Lakritz. Put together your wish list and send him an email at barry@novatotoyota.com. Tell him Ray D sent you and he might charge you more :). Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

RayD
  • Options
    jq3jq3 Member Posts: 52
    I just left the dealership and so far here's the scenerio: Tundra Limited (options: CQ,LA,OF,LU,GN,CF,EJ,DH): MSRP 31005, purchased @ 28679(800 over cost) Negative trade value of 3300. Lease 12K @ 48 = 515 Lease 12K @ 60 = 478. Money factor = .002875~ 6.9%.

Now I ain't know genius but this looks a little steep even with my negative equity. My lease calculations are MUCH less!!! Something just is not right, but I can't figure it out??? I looked at the paper work and it looked OK. I wanted a 36 month lease but their figures are in the 600's!!

Did anyone lease?? Give some details, PLEASE. I am suppose to go look at the truck when it comes in tomorrow, but I swear I don't feel goo about this.

HELP, HELP, HELP a consumer like you is trying not to taken for a ride, at least not too bad!!
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    One key factor is the value placed on the truck at lease end - residual value. I used your numbers for payment, price, negative equity and rate - Toyota is allowing $10,430 residual for the 48 month deal and $7,781 on the 60 month lease. I don't know what a 4 year old Tundra will be worth but if it is only $10,430 (even worse for a 5 year old at $7,781) they must not think much about the long term value of the Tundra. I would question how much they are allowing for the residual value. In lease transactions the higher the residual the lower your payment.
  • Options
    rick118rick118 Member Posts: 3
    Hi i just signed a vehicle order for a 2000 lmtd tundra xcss cab 4x4. I went for ALL opts.:re,ck,ej,ab,of,la,px,cf,lu,v3,lb,running boards,cargo net. No bug shield or wheel locks.

Invoice + opts.= $28,408
    destination = 480
    -------
    $ 28,888

Im paying $29,900 ,+(tags, tax) is this out of line?? The dealer is making $1,000
    on car , $500.00 on 2% holdback and whatever profit ther is in actual destination costs.
    I live in N.J. , is this "normal " profit for this truck?
    TIA- RICK
  • Options
    market525market525 Member Posts: 27
    Rick118 -- is the Tundra SR5 4x4 Access Cab you just ordered a 6 cyl. or 8 cylinder??
  • Options
    The tundra is a lmtd it comes with a 8 cyl.
    I called the Toyota dealer in Caldwell that 27 jr reccomended ( thanks again). Im waiting for a reply , i did price the truck at two other dealers. The others came in at $30,000 and $30,100 plus tax n tags.
  • Options
    rooster9rooster9 Member Posts: 239
    27jr, can you please tell me what all those symbols stand for. I could probably figure out a few, but it would be easier if you told me what they all are.
  • Options
    27jr27jr Member Posts: 22
    Rick118 glad to help out let me know what they
    say.

Rooster9 options: CQ (Convience Package) DZ
    (3&1 stereo) CF (carpeted floor mats 4) LF (Fog
    Lights) V3 (Deluxe Security System) BL (Over-The-
    Rail-Bedliner) CK (All Weather Package) ST
    (Styled Steel Wheels with Chrome Arch Moldings)
  • Options
    rookfilerookfile Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my Tundra 4x4 V8 SR5 Access Cab through Luther in Minneapolis. I paid $260 over invoice. It was a first for me. By the way, the 2% holdback is pretty sacred, don't bring it up with the dealer - I suspect it would not be received well. I believe there is much more dealer profit in the Limited and it's extras here in Minneapolis - you could probably negotiate impressive numbers; however, the extras are worthless crap (and you'll find that out when you try and sell or trade). If you just cannot resist the leather - check out local conversion shops - they do real nice work for a lot less!!
  • Options
    I appreciate everyone who jumped in with price info . Im buying it for 4% over invoice , after pricing 5 dealers thats the best i came up with.
    The N.J. area is full of wall street money , the real estate as well as cars are way overpriced!
    Its a great truck and ill get 8 years out of it before trading in so i can live with the price.
    The salesman was not too happy when i gave him codes and cost of opts to dealer, they are used to getting thousands over cost. thanks again!
  • Options
    Where are you buying it from?
  • Options
    After 3 days of negotiations I purchased a Tundra Limited 4x4 for $500 over cost. Actually, it was over his cost, but the difference between the actual over invoice price and his cost was not enough to bicker about. Total price was 29166. I also, had a trade which I got for actual trade value, per Edmunds info.

I bought it from Toyota of Wilmington(formerly Baughman Toyota) NC. My salesman was Gary Horn, I also, worked with the sales manager, Willie Jackson. Both tried to make all they could at first but, they could see I was not going to be pressured into buying until our figures agreed. After that things were on the 'up and up'.

Trucks around here are VERY popular so I feel like I got a good deal. I'd go there again with my firm no BS attitude. Because I certainly believe if I would have been meek they would have raped me! I'd recommend them but, you gotta be firm and serious because let's face it they are trying to make all they can make, they have bills too. It's like I told Mr. Jackson, 'I don't mind you making money, but hey, let's not make it all on me!'

Oh yeah, my truck is black beige leather and all I can say is, " How sweet it is!!!"
  • Options
    CQ,LA,OF,LU,GN,CF,EJ,9Z and tow package which I can't find the code for.

Good Luck on your Tundra purchase!!!
  • Options
    gaz297gaz297 Member Posts: 1
    i paid $800 or 3% over invoice. then bargined for the mats, a bedliner, and a bug shield which the dealer. access cab 4x4 limited. cloth bench, premium stereo 6 dic changer, trd pack, all weather pack, for 28400. plus the truck had the v3 security system which i did not order they had to eat. i love it. my third toyota pu in 12 years. the best so far. i rides like my moms avalon.
  • Options
    denis6denis6 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the 2001 Tundras will be comming out? The 2000 priceing should be more negotiable?
  • Options
    huskertruckerhuskertrucker Member Posts: 1
    Got my Sr-5 Accesws cab V-8 a week ago - thanks to all on this forum for pricing help.

Convenience
    Off-road
    3-1 stereo
    mats
    all weather
    receiver hitch
    bedliner

Out the door $26,720 - thought this was a pretty good deal, $500 over invoice - my only question mark was the $275 they hit me up for the advertising markup. Also was UNABLE to get anti-lock brakes with the off-road package - bizarre, but I checked it out thoroughly and COULD NOT get it.

Anyway, thanks to this forum!
  • Options
    tundrasaursrextundrasaursrex Member Posts: 49
    must be a big red fan....
  • Options
    csftech1csftech1 Member Posts: 2
    OK here is the deal---- 2000 Tundra LTD Access Cab 4 WD w/ Leather, Off Road, 6 disc changer, Tonneau Cover, Under rail bed liner, All Weather Package, Alarm,, and Towing Package...28,495 plus Tax and Tags...How did I do??? Also I ordered it and they told me 4-6 weeks. How accurate is this? I don't want to wait any longer than that !! Those of you who have ordered-- is this fairly close to actual delivery time??
  • Options
    lonohlonoh Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,
    Any recs on Portland, OR dealers. Also, I had one
    OR dealer tell me that the convenience package was
    "mandatory" in his area??? Smells funny to me.
  • Options
    That's not bad at all according to comsumer report
    that I have on msrp invoice and holesale. That
    price you paid is just a couple hundred above
    holesale.
  • Options
    19491949 Member Posts: 59
    I've noticed that there's a "two-tone" color option. Has anyone seen a "two-tone" Tundra? If so, what part of the body is the second color? The fender flares, maybe? Thanks
  • Options
    superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    Whos selling holes? Try Wholesale.
  • Options
    19491949 Member Posts: 59
    I've noticed that there's a "two-tone" color option. Has anyone seen a "two-tone" Tundra? If so, what part of the body is the second color? The fender flares, maybe? Thanks
  • Options
    rooster9rooster9 Member Posts: 239
    The second color is on the bottom of the sheetmetal on both sides, like the other trucks. There are pictures of some in Toyota's Tundra brochure.
  • Options
    market525market525 Member Posts: 27
    I am told by my New Hampshire dealer that the 2 tone Limited color is discontinued. Reason - he said the 2 tone process is too time consuming, and they were trying to speed up production.
    I was just told that this past week. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    xmtnmanxmtnman Member Posts: 4
    Your delivery time is in the ball park.Expect 6 maybe 7 weeks. I ordered mine on 2/8/00. The dealer received it on 3/28/00.
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    The PICKUPS Conference has gotten WAY too big....

it is unwieldy to manage, and difficult to use for "newbies." There is entirely TOO much topic duplication, so I will be doing some SERIOUS topic consolidation in the next few weeks, getting us down to not more than 2-3 topics per vehicle type, and ultimately down to 200 topics or less.

THIS weeks consolidation candidates are: Tundra's, Tacoma's and Rangers.

In that vein,please consolidate this Tundra topic to Welcome Toyota Tundra - V and continue these discussions there.

Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.