Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fusionacidfusionacid Posts: 11
    Yes. Pretty sad huh? I'm not going to pay that much for a journey base, which is basically just a "BASE"!! I want atleast the premium pkg. What do you guys think i should pay for a G37 coupe journey w/ premium?
  • investor27investor27 Posts: 59
    $2-$3 thousands below invoice is what I'm seeing around here.
  • dio1dio1 Posts: 11
    nice 2,000 below is a nice number. Out of curiousity did they use the 2,000 dealer marketing money to get you to 2,000 below? and could you please share the number before tax? thanks in advance.
    Looking for a coupe with Navi/Prem or Sport/Prem.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Posts: 30
    go to carsdirect.com or even here at edmunds, find out your invoice price - shoot for $2000 below that price to purchase - leasing look for about $500 below invoice.
  • pharm30pharm30 Posts: 36
    not seriously looking at a couple used 08's with <5k miles.
    The websites don't list the options - if the pictures don't show a moonroof, is it a safe assumption that they are the base models?
    They have 18's on them, but they don't have the red S on them. I was thinking they are the base, but they are asking $33k ! for them, which seems really high to me.
  • zonacat7zonacat7 Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say the car buying experience has finally become easy with the transperancy that forums and sites like Edmunds.

Bought a 2009 G37 Journey Sedan w/ navigation, premium, cargo net and vehicle alarm impact sensor for $2,300 under invoice or $33,896 plus tax, title, etc. from a Southern California dealer.
  • vjkatyvjkaty Posts: 19
    Excellent price , Can you tell me the dealership name, or the city where you purchased the G37 ? :)
  • I've negotiated $2K below invoice with the dealer (plus TTL) for '09 G37 couple, MT, Premium + Nav. Except, the dealer wants to add on $400 for 'documentation fee'.

I asked the dealer about it and according to him, this is a standard fee that all Infinti dealerships charge So my question to the folks on this forum who recently purchased an Infiniti is: Did you have to pay $400 documentation fee too?

For none of my previous car purchases have I ever paid such fee so this seems like just a ploy by the dealer to get extra cash from me. But none of them were Infinitis, so I don't know if I should really break the deal becuase of this fee..

Thanks to the collective wisdom of this forum!
  • the_mulethe_mule Posts: 1
    My shopping and negotiating has resulted in the following prices for a 2009 G37xS with premium and navigation packages (invoice price $38,701):

$40,800 (with 2.9 Infiniti financing for 60 mos.) negotiated down to $37,301
    $38,287 negotiated down to $37,200
    $36,201 (if willing to accept in stock vehicle) and $36,937 if dealer got the colors I wanted.

At least one dealer was willing to offer free 4 years/60,000 basic maintenance on in-stock vehicles.

Tip -- Dealers seem inclined to offer more discounts below invoice if you first get pricing through AAA. If not already an AAA member, the small membership fee itself is worth saving yourself the negotiating hassle.
  • Documentation fee is charge for preparing sales documents. I just paid a $55 documentation fee at Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, California. You are being misled by this dealer. Take your business elsewhere. Metro Infinite does out of state sales and delivery. I would give them a try. They have a lot of vehicles and are trustworthy!!
  • bocatripbocatrip Posts: 194
    DON'T PAY ANY DOCUMENT OR PROCESSING FEE! It is pure profit. It's a standard gimmick that many dealerships try to pull off. If they don't remove the fee .....walk. They will call you back.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 1,051
    The doc fee is not pure profit, nor is it a gimmick. There are expenses involved in registering a car. Good luck in many areas in getting a dealer to remove the fee.

Some states do cap it, while some dealers in other states charge outrageous fee. I believe California caps it at $75. A Lexus dealer here in AZ wanted $595, but he also had the cheapest selling price of a car compared to all of the other dealers.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • investor27investor27 Posts: 59
    Those two fees and other dealers' fees are part of doing business. When you come into my office, I don't charge you for the amount of time my AC or Heat was on. If they want to pass some of the costs to the consumer, they can but not at 100%!!!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 750
    After trade-in so many cars, I don't really care what they put on the sale agreement any more. I just walk in and give them the OTD price. At the end, dealers need to make money to stay in business and whatever they call it, doc fee or processing fee, that's up to them.
  • me33me33 Posts: 6
    G37 Sedan
    Moonlight White/Wheat
    Premium, Navigation, Mud Flaps, Cargo Net
    39 month/10 k lease
    MSRP is $39,375
    Invoice of $36,145
    Sale price of $35,650
    Monthly payments of $438.75 plus tax = $465.08 (6% tax where we live)
    Incpetions of $2033 (includes 1st month, doc fee of $595, acq fee of $595, Fl fees of $68.50, sales tax in advance $154.98, Registration fees $73, Cap cost reduction of $76.46, tax on cap cost red $4.98, title transfer, lemon law, and few other small fees)
    Disposition fee $395 --they said they would not waive this as it is now standard on Infiniti leases.
    Residual is $22, 050
    No trade-in (got double for car at Carmax)

I can provide more info if anyone is interested. I received this exact price at 2 local dealers. The dealer nearby that has a price guarantee was $10 more per month, would not match or beat price and did not have the vehicle in stock. Also, we were given the first service free of charge and a free oil change (not sure if these are exclusive of each other)

Hopefully, this helps anyone looking to pull the trigger soon.

Lastly, I would love to go in with someone that has a code for the Infiniti referral program. Thanks and have a great Mother's Day.
    The car is a 2009, G37 Journey Sedan.
  • fusionacidfusionacid Posts: 11
    Just got a quote
    '09 Coupe Auto Journey w/ Premium & Wheel/Tire package, wheel locks

MSRP: 41,300
    Cash: 36,000
    edmunds invoice 37,150
    does not include any fee's. i'm thinking not even destination.

I'm shooting for $2k below invoice, currently at $1100 below. Is that reasonable?
  • Hey all,

I see this thread as a rich resource of Infiniti buyers and I hope someone here can help me. I am interested in buying the G37x (with Nav, premium package). It seems like there is only 1 Infiniti dealer in the Portland area...100 miles radius! I see that I will be in trouble for negotiation since there is no competition! :(

So, I contacted the sales person via email at this showroom. And he replied saying how the G37 is not a mass production car?...and its the best car ever and quoted the list price (42,355). I cross-checked about prices from the Edmunds online TMV which was close to 38000 in my area.

However, he was offering $500 off the list price, when I asked him to make me the best offer. Can you believe that?!

I feel that given the dealer incentives of 2000, I should be able to get this car for 35000-36000 and not more. I shot him an email asking him to negotiate around Invoice price or else I am walking away...

Any experiences from Oregon G37 buyers?

Thanks!
  • Purchased a G37 Journey Sedan with Prem Package, Splash Guards, Impact Sensor and Trunk Cargo Net for $32749 + $399 doc fee in Phoenix AZ. This is $1300 under invoice once you add in the doc fee. I considered purchasing in California where I had deals in place for $2000 under invoice and better, but after I factored in travel costs, day off of work and higher California sales tax, it wasn't quite worth it. There are 4 Infiniti dealers in the area, but 3 are owned by the same group, so its not a highly competitive market.

If there's anyone left out there who would like to team up on the referral program and has a code, please email me at [email protected] . Thanks!
    As I asked in a previous post, if someone has a code and wants to share. I would be grateful.

please either PM on the site or email to [email protected] Thanks
  • pharm30pharm30 Posts: 36
    care to share which dealer? I am in Phoenix. thanks
  • Sure. I purchased from Infiniti of Superstition Springs in Mesa. The transaction was smooth. It was a pleasant buying experience. Pinnacle passed on a nearly identical deal and Infiniti of Scottsdale tried to slip in a doc fee after we had already agreed on a price plus TTL.
    Surprised they were the best deal. When I was leasing in August they refused to budge lower then $500 over invoice. I even told them that Scottsdale had accepted $100 over and they would not budge.

I really wanted to buy from them, I live out there and that's where I have my warranty work done. I like supporting a Mesa business instead of a Scottsdale business. It didn't help that one salesman told me that I needed to get a life because I emailed him for an answer three days after the original email that he never responded to.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jeevnycjeevnyc Posts: 3
    I just picked one up two weeks ago. Amazing car. Call Legacy Infiniti. Good people. Ask for Jay Seller and tell him Sanjeev Sharma sent you.

He will take care of you. The best deals you are going to get is on cars you have on the ground. If they have to go find it for you, you will never come close to the same deal.
    My dealer was in Broward County, FL. The dealership name is Inifiniti of Davie (Warren Henry). Sawgrass Infiniti was at the exact price. I agree about getting the best price if the car is on the lot. If anyone wants to know who we dealt with or any other info, please let me know.
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Posts: 28
    I don't have the mf, residual, ect...

But I got quoted for a G37X Sedan with Navi and Prem for 1500 out of pocket and 475 a month plus tax..

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. I'm trying to get more info on what the 1500 includes. I told the dealer I don't want to pay anything upfront.

On a side note. I still have a few payments left on my exisiting lease. The dealer said they won't just make the remaining payments without me dropping them into the new lease. This is only my second lease. Do dealers usually just make the payments for you or do the usually make you pay for them in the new lease?(Going from Dodge to possible Infiniti) Thanks for the help...
    No one can tell you if it is a good deal without knowing the price of the car. When you are buying or leasing a car the first negotiating you do is the selling price, not the payment.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, you want them to make the last few payments, they are going to be baked into the price of the new car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • dio1dio1 Posts: 11
    who did you deal with at Sawgrass and Warren Henry. I went into Warren in Davie didnt get very good treatment there but curious on both. Thx in advance.
    Initially, we did an internet query through Edmunds. We decided to test drive in Davie and received an intial price that was not even close to what we ended up paying. After speaking in person to Coconut Creek and emailing Sawgrass and Palm Beach, we received various prices that Inifiniti of Davie kept matching or beating. In the end, we went with Davie because we were treated very well by our salesperson and we had never even stepped foot inside Sawgrass. Our salesperson was Lizzette and our finance manger was Steve. Both dealt with sincerity, honesty, and integrity. We were never "closed" or even offered rustproofing, glass etching, etc. I was able to communicate with Lizzette by phone, email, and text message and always received a prompt response. If you go in and see them; have your best price ready and make sure they have the exact car you want on the lot and you should be able to get a fair deal. The person I dealt with at Sawgrass was Matt Park. He was also great over the phone and internet and I would have given him the business had anything gone awry at Infiniti of Davie. Overall, this was one of our easiest car buying experiences ever. If any of the names involved are reading this thread, thank you again for your help--
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Posts: 28
    Here is the exact deal :

Hello Mike. Josh from Lynes Infiniti. If i ate your 2 payments totaling $938 and moved your mileage from 12,000 to 15,000 per year your monthly payment would be $534.37 including your NJ Taxes.. Keep in mind this has to be a car in stock or due to arrive this month on my inbound board. Your total drive off would be due at signing $1786.95. Your selling Price on the car is $37,789, money factor is .00141
    and the residual is 55% $22,759

If you have any additional questions please feel free to call or email me back.

Look forward to your response

Someone please comment on this deal....