Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Picking a City Truck - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited October 2014 in Ram
imagePicking a City Truck - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is a great truck, but is it better suited for the city than our Chevy Silverado?

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    If it were just dirt bikes you would be better served by something like the new Colorado. I know that the bikes won't fit in the bed with the tailgate up, but a flip down gate extension easily solves that and the shorter overall length of the mid-sized Colorado would be much more livable in urban driving while the crew cab still allows for family use.

If your track toy is a larger car then the Ram is the way to go in my opinion, but if it's something like a Miata and (1) you only hit the track a few times a years and (2) no towing over mountains is required (like most of us Midwest residents) the Colorado still makes the most sense.
  • The new Colorado diesel sure is interesting. I am a recent Toyota Tacoma driver but seeing this RAM diesel I second guessed my purchase, until I remember how much difficulty it is for me to park my Tacoma (coming from a Mazda3), the RAM is just so much bigger. I am still hoping Toyota will have a diesel Tacoma in the next few years..