Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently leased or purchased a Lexus sedan or SUV? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
Have you recently purchased (not leased) a subcompact sedan (such as a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Sonic or Ford Fiesta)? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 26 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Why did my Dodge Grand Caravan transmission go into neutral while I was driving and now stays there?

suslik1suslik1 Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Dodge
Hi, I have a 2009 sxt dodge grand caravan (6 speed). My problem is my transmission. It suddenly quit shifting.The transmission went into neutral (free-revving). There was no bang no nothing. It doesn't matter where I shift it's not engaging. I tried to read out the code and I got code 0716, 0721 and 0791. I went to a dealer and bought the sensors and replaced them. Still won’t work. I checked the transmission fluid and it is ok if I read it right. What can I do without taking my van to a repair shop?

Answers

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,197
    Guessing can get expensive. You really need to find a good independent transmission shop and have them take a look at it. buying unneeded sensors is a good example of this.

If you're lucky, it could be something simple.
  • Well that wasn't much help. Do you thing that going right away to shop it's cheaper. They charging you just for connecting the computer $150. But thanks for trying to "help"