Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX

1158159160161162164»

Comments

• easman61easman61 Posts: 28
    I can't remember much from my quick skimming of the owner's manual. There is an entire section in the manual. A couple of things I remember: 1) you can set how long your interior lights stay on 2) you can set how long your headlights stay on before they auto shut off after you turn off the car 3)language on the display
  • kts62kts62 Posts: 10
    Turning on my Fog Lights during the twilght period (before really dark enough for full Headlights) has become a habit of mine over the years... But on my new 2008 TSX, I can't seem to get just the Fog Lights to come on. I don't think they are "On" except when the Headlights are also "On"

Does anyone know how to turn on Just the Fog Lights ?
    The Parking Lights & Fog LIghts?
    Or do the fog lights only work when headlights are full on ?
    ...Bueller ?, Anyone ?
  • I just posted my noodlings on the pros and cons on buying a TSX now versus waiting to check out the 2008 Accord over at the TSX vs. Accord Forum: Wait to check out 2008 Accord?

I know cross-posting is discouraged, so I won't repeat that post here.

However, what do you think the relative impact of the 2008 Accord and TSX full model change coming this spring will be on TSX pricing?

That is, is my best buying opportunity right now, after the 2008 Accord is out, or as we get closer to the TSX model change? TSX prices seem pretty good right now, and 07 Accords are being discounted very aggressively in advance of the 2008 release.

Similarly, do you think TSX prices will be even lower this winter/spring in advance of the model change, or are we as about as low as we'll see?

I know no one has a crystal ball, but I appreciate your thoughts.
  • kts62kts62 Posts: 10
    I have no idea !
    But since that wont help much, I think it depends on what you want as they are 3 pretty different cars. '07 Honda, workhorse sedan, somewhat larger and softer handling than TXS. '08 TSX - nice, amenity rich small luxury sedan with pretty good handling and economy. '08 Accord, "Full Size" sedan, notably larger now than TSX and '07 Accord. Handling is unknown but styling is improved (IMO-Pictures).

If you've decided on buying the TSX, I think the economy and the subprime mortgage dust up is going to impact auto sales this fall and some dealers are going to be hungry since they don't have much different to offer until Spring '08 when the redesigned '09 MY TSX is released.

Same goes for the New '08 Accord, but less so. The people who are waiting for the new model will make their buys this autumn and winter may be attractive. Beware of First Year gremlins.

But don't wait too long on either of these, the sub-prime stuff will un-wind itself sooner or later.

As for '07 Accords, then buy now while you can find some dealer holding what you want on the lot. Selection for Aug/Sept probably Pretty Good but not getting better... If you are not picky on color, etc, then wait it out a bit longer, perhaps.
  • mrgold35mrgold35 Posts: 73
    All the Honda/Acura I’ve own over the years (6 in 17 years), I’ve always preferred to purchase the 3rd model year or up because of:

- Refreshed styling (upgraded bumpers, taillights, add fog lights, revised rims, interior upgrades, etc..)
    - Added features (updated Navi, safety features, Bluetooth, XM radio, extra HP, etc..)
    - Corrected technical issues from earlier models (rattles, electrical, mechanical issues)
    - Additional colors choices
    - Additional incentives or availability to purchase at a lower price
    - Added Type-S, SE, and coupe options (I've heard of a TSX convertible by 2012)
    - Ability to read the pos/neg feedback for 2 years of 1st and 2nd model year owners on forums like this

I will not consider replacing my 06 TSX until the 2011 TSX is released. I will also consider the RDX, TL and MDX at the same time because they will also be right in the middle/end of model cycle. I’ve never felt comfortable purchasing the 1st or 2nd model year of a car.
  • The lease on my 2004 TSX is coming up in November and I'm considering leasing a 2008 model. What changes have been made, cosmetically and structurally, since 2004?
  • flatsflats Posts: 44
    Compliments of Edmunds……

What's New for 2005
    Acura adds XM Satellite Radio, heated door mirrors and a four-way power passenger seat to the standard features list. The steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls are now illuminated

What's New for 2006
    The Acura TSX receives minor engine, feature and styling changes for 2006. The car's 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine has been modified to produce a bit more power; it now makes 205 horsepower and 164 lb-ft of torque. Inside, there is an upgraded optional navigation system that's faster, has more points of interest and includes access to a Zagat restaurant guide. A hands-free cell phone interface and a digital audio media auxiliary jack are also new. Exterior enhancements for the 2006 Acura TSX include redesigned front and rear fascias, new side sills, foglamps and new alloy wheels.

What's New for 2007
    Nearly at the end of its life cycle, the Acura TSX adds a tire-pressure monitoring system to its already long list of standard safety equipment
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,758
    The lease on my Camry 3.3L V6 is up in April. Prior to that I drove an Olds Intrigue. I test drove both auto and manual TSXes before leasing the Camry and felt the auto was sluggish at around town rpms. The manual seemed fine but I'm not sure I want to return to shifting, having given it up about 6 years ago.

Wondering if any of you TSX owners (especially with auto trans) moved from a torquey V6 and, if so, how did you adjust to the lack of low end torque on the TSX? (Btw, I love everything else about the car).
  • I've been an exclusive Honda/Acura owner since 1991 (the 06 5AT TSX was my 1st Acura). I've always gone with the (torque challenged) I-4 engines because of fuel economy and price. I also transitioned from manuals to Auto because I was getting tired of shifting during rush hour traffic.

The TSX felt like a small v-6 to me coming from my 97 2.2L Accord LX 4dr with 130hp. To tell the truth, I would have purchased a V-6 TSX if that was an engine option available. Because of the tremendous value of the TSX, the lack of a V-6 did not make me look else where. I would have given up too many standard features not found at this price point from other car makers. With my driving habits, I only need a v-6 about 5% of the time; but, I need the extra fuel economy 95% of the time.

Once averaged 41 mpg at 60 mph for +60 miles with the 5AT TSX. I also average 350-400 miles per tank with combined city driving and 425-475 miles per tank on hwy driving. I couldn't do that in a v-6.
  • I went from a 2001 Maxima SE to a TSX.

It is tough, I really love the TSX but there are days where it just feels like the car is slow off the line. It's a trade off, but I'd do it again, everything else about the car is great. Personally I only find there's an issue from a stop, the engine makes great power over 2500 rpm, hence once moving I don't miss the power of the Max.
  • I live in a town that does not have an Acura dealership and so have not had a chance to test drive the TSX 6 speed. For anyone out there who has owned and driven a TSX 6 speed, what is it like? Much of what I read about the TSX 6 speed is that it is sheer driving pleasure for someone who enjoys shifting.

I have owned small 5 speeds for years, but last time around, I bought a 2000 Solara automatic, intending to experiment with a luxurious feel and drive. While this car is still in mint condition and it certainly has a luxurious feel and drive, I am leaning back to wanting to purchase a smaller, sportier manual. The TSX sounds very exciting from everything I read.

Can a TSX driver help me understand why this car is sheer driving pleasure? If it's that much fun, I may drive to my nearby city and trade in the Solara automatic.
  • My MDX is in the shop for some warranty work so they gave me a 2008 TSX 5AT for a loaner. Not a bad little car, abit more sluggish than the 6MT I drove a few years ago. The manual was much more responsive. My salesman and I were chatting about the 2009 TSX and he said they definitely will have two versions, a four cylinder and a six w/ SH-AWD. They should be arriving this spring. Too late for me, I already bought my "fun car" for the next few years, a 2008 VW GTI 6 MT.
  • The fog lights will only work when the headlights are on low beam. They will not work while parking lights or high beams or own, or independently of low beam.

Fog lights are not driving lights, and they should really only be used in foggy conditions where visibility is less than 100 meters. They are designed to illuminate the roadway under the blanket of fog.

They really aren't necessary in normal conditions and in most rain conditions. When traveling at highway speeds, it's not necessary to illuminate the 30 or so feet in front of you.
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past or not, I didn't see a dedicated thread for it. I was wondering what phones people have had good luck with and any to stay away from. I had a Nokia 6102i that worked pretty good but it got dropped. I replaced it with a hand me down Motorola v55 which hasn't been so good. I'm thinking about getting an iPhone but wanted to see what other TSX drivers were using and with what results. Thanks in advance, am loving my car!
  • petevpetev Posts: 3
    I just purchased a TSX and have the iphone. I took a while to pair the two but the are working fine. This is my first experiance with this technology, it's nice. The sound is kind of muffled, not sure if that is normal. The voice command is a nice feature once it's set up.
  • Quick question for everyone out there. I leased a 2008 TSX a few months ago and after reading several different postings am baffled by people who are claiming to get over 30+ mpg on the highway. In the city I average right around 20 and on the highway it's closer to 25mpg. Is anyone literally getting 30+ on the highway and if so, any secrets I'm not getting?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I own a 06 6MT tsx, bought new, 11/17/06. It has almost 39,000 miles. I average 32-35 MPG on the highways. I do not race or over-rev it. I try to use cruise control as much as possible.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,056
    Based on your screen name, I'm going to guess you drive in New England, and cold weather is the enemy of fuel mileage. It takes forever (most of an hour, if the temperature is anywhere below zero) to warm up the oil, and many gasoline formulations used in the winter don't have the BTU content of straight gasoline. If in addition you're taking short trips (even on the highway), it'll drop down some more.

The 30+ crowd is probably (I'll know for sure in the next few weeks) driving on the highway in relatively warm weather in cars that have 5-10K miles or more on the engine.

Let's compare notes next summer after your car's broken in better & I've had a chance to get mine over 5K miles in my extremely hot climate.
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    I'm in Colorado, have an 07 with almost 10K miles on it and I mainly do city driving. I've been getting right around 25 MPG. There have been a few times when I've hit the 30-32 mark after a long haul on the freeeway, but then a day or so of my regular driving takes me back to the mid 20s. I also have been alternating between 89 and 91 octane fuel depending on price but haven't really noticed much of a difference in either mileage or performance.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Having a manual transmission and feathering the throttle will also boost mileage.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,056
    Having a manual transmission and feathering the throttle will also boost mileage.

Good to know. I can do both, or either for that matter.

I'm supposed to get my car tomorrow or Thursday, but time will tell -- manual w/o nav.

Stay tuned.
    Still loving my 06 Milano red/ebony 6MT w/nav tsx, bought new 11/17/06. It now has almost 51,000 problem-free miles. It gets good gas mileage, is a comfortable riding car with more than enough power and performance for me. My only complaint would be the lousy paint that chips easy. I would need a complete clear bra to cover the whole car-I have chips near the sunroof, etc.
  • sbrodiesbrodie Posts: 13
    Thinking of buying an 04 w/navigation from a Nissan dealer. It has 114K miles. My mechanic looked at it last weekend(for $60.00), said the car is real good. We did find that the CD player wasn't working. They are fixing it now. Price=12K w/one year warranty. Any comments before I buy or don't buy?. Or, should I go hoplessly in debt for a later, or even a new model?? I have had good experience w/Acuras. Still have my 87 Legend, and runs excellent, w/250K miles, but will probably sell it if I get the, or a TSX.
  • sbrodiesbrodie Posts: 13
    One of the biggest things my mechanic told me about the car was he thought the paint was starting to go, BUT he gave me advice on restoring it. He suggested some typr of mud compound and liquid type of stuff. The place I'm buying it from has told us they have repaired paint chips he found. He didn't seem concerned at all my the miles. This is also a red with white interior car.
    It was 2 years ago today when I bought my new 06 Milano red/ebony 6MT w. nav tsx from Lehigh Valley Acura in Pa. It now has 65,567 miles. It passed it's annual NC state inspection today with the original OEM tires (4/32) Getting new tires for xmas. Problems were: cracked foglights, heater element is driver's seat stopped working and scratched headlight. The were fixed by the dealer (under warranty). Get excellent gas mileage with more than enough power and performance. Still using regular gas. One other complaint-lousy paint-chips to easy.
  • cambreacambrea Posts: 26
    My son is driving 04 TSX (about 100Kmiles on it) and driver side curtain airbag deplyed with no reasno. I happens while driving I-5 in Los Angeles about 65 MPH. Since all dealerships are closed, we will tow the car into a dealership tomorrow morning. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.