Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently leased or purchased a Lexus sedan or SUV? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
Have you recently purchased (not leased) a subcompact sedan (such as a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Sonic or Ford Fiesta)? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 26 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

My 2005 RX-8 stalls after highway driving

mazda_marty1mazda_marty1 Posts: 0
edited December 2014 in Mazda
It has about 105k on it. It seems to run fine around town 45-55 mph in gears 1-4 only. After driving the interstate in 6th gear between 70 and 80 for 20 miles it stalls on the off ramp and is hard to get started again. The starter turns it over really fast like it has no compression but it won't start right away. I have been lucky so far and it has started after a minute or two. It runs rough for the next few miles after I get it started. Did I read new plugs are a temporary fix? Is there a permanent fix or is it new engine time? Anybody know?