Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jjj111jjj111 Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    I have been offered a 328xi
    MRSP 46k
    dealer offer 44k + tax & doc fee
    and I am buying cash
    the price does not make sense to me way too high

can anyone give me some advise?

I am thinking of 40k + tax & doc fee.
  • Looking for a 2011 335d base model in Washington DC area. How much are people paying for it these days? From what I've found online, MSRP is $43,950, and invoice is $40,435. How low should I go? Thanks,
  • camainecamaine Posts: 11
    I'm in the SF bay area. Looking to lease a 2011 328i coupe. Here're the invoice costs on the car I want to order from the factory.
    vehicle: 33305 (MSRP on 2011 car is 36200)
    black sapphire paint: 500
    automatic: 1305
    sport package: 1320
    moonroof: 955

Total invoice comes to 38260

I talked to the internet sales manager on the phone and she quoted me 38860 for the price of this car and added in $300 (arbitrary?) for a total of 39160. I have a $1000 discount coupon from a BMW driving promotion and am planning to put $5000 down.

For 36 months and 10,000 miles is $450/month a good deal on this car?

Thanks for your help.
  • camainecamaine Posts: 11
    Does anyone have an estimate of the money factor and residual percentage that a reasonable BMW dealer in CA should be using on the 2011 3 series lease deal?
  • ckungckung Posts: 52
    Which dealrship u went to? Thanks
  • kanchiskanchis Posts: 33
    If I were you I wouldnt put any money down towards cap cost reduction if your leasing. It does not make sense to do that. Try using that money as multiple security deposits to lower your money factor down (i wouldnt do that either, just put it in a saving account thats going to give you a better yeild). In a lease there's a few factors you should keep your eye on. Selling price, which is 38860, plus the MF and residual. Residuals are set by BMWFS so they will be the same at any dealership. MF on the other hand can be marked up by the dealer (upto 0.0003+). Search the web for the base MF for your car and see what the dealer is offering you. A good start would be to tell the dealer that you are willing to pay $ x dollars over invoice for the car and see what happens. Good luck.
    It all depends on how good you are at negotiating. Usually 500-600 above invoice is the norm from what I hear. You should also be getting the 4500 eco credit if you buy it before 6/30 which would reduce the selling price of the car drastically. Keep in mind that there will be a Maco+training fee of $600 thats going to be added on to the invoice price which is a legitamate BMW charge. everything else is negotiable.
  • so, it's 500-600 above invoice, minus $4500 eco credit, plus $600 (Maco+Training fee), plus TTL. Virginia dealers usually have $399 service charge, is that extra?

Thanks for your input.
  • xeyexeye Posts: 168
    Just FYI-

I don't know how fresh this information is, but I noticed today that BMW has 0.9% for 24 months and 2.9% for 25-60 months on the 2011 3 series models. I took delivery of my 2011 335i xDrive only a few weeks ago, but this rate was not announced at the time. The BMW rate is even better than the rate I got from my credit union. The difference for the amount I financed is about $4/month so it's no big deal.

I wonder if BMW is having issues moving their inventory?

xeye
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    I wonder if BMW is having issues moving their inventory?

BMW has no inventory. Every car coming off the assembly line is already sold to a dealer before assembly begins. BMW manufacturing is a totally separate entity within the company.

So, what they do have is potentially unused assembly capacity.

Like every other manufacturer, however, they like to sell cars....as many as possible (and profitable).

Earlier in 2010 BMW Finance offered .9% 2 year financing with a $2500 rebate on many models, so what you are seeing is less than what was offered back in March of this year. Evidently, sales are picking up.

Now, if a dealer has committed to more cars than what he is currently trending in sales, you might be able to deal a bit more. I have no idea how you might find out if that's the case with any particular dealer, though.
  • rollo55rollo55 Posts: 1
    $33,300.00 plus 6% tax.

Details: New, '0' mile vehicle Alpine White 4 door sedan with Premium Package
    and Heated Steering Wheel, Sirius.

Starting Point for the deal was a 7% discount from Sticker, plus $3500.00 discount incentive from BMW to clear out the 2010 3 Series Inventory. Negotiation with competing dealers finally arrived at the selling price of 33,300. Tried to get a better deal using the Internet and out of state dealerships; but the best deal was the one I visited first and in person.

Best Dealer in the Midwest for this car was:

Bavarian Motors in Rochester Hills, Michigan
  • leo1977leo1977 Posts: 17
    Any idea of what a lease payment on this car would be?
  • xeyexeye Posts: 168
    My point was that I was surprised to see low finance rates on the current model year. I could see it to move 2010 cars off the dealers' lots (what I meant by inventory) but I didn't expect to see deals yet. I suppose it could have something to do with the exchange value between the Euro and the U.S. dollar.
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Posts: 34
    BMW has no inventory. Every car coming off the assembly line is already sold to a dealer before assembly begins. BMW manufacturing is a totally separate entity within the company.

Can you show which website indicates this information? This is a very good business model which company does not have to order any raw material until the dealers make a large comnit on the orders. So this is a airplane business model business where there is a huge backlog of preorder before they can deliver cars....LOL..
    Of course, they have issue with moving inventory! These cars is in production based on the several years sales forcast. Since the economy is crash and these dealers must provide low finance to moving the inventory. If business is doing so well.....then there is no point to offer low finance to attract buyers to keep inventory moving....this is basic economic 101.

If you look back at 2007 and more. BMW will not discount their cars deep as they are now....Is it so obvious....

We are in the inflation mode.....so the better credit and more cash you have...the better bargain you will have down the road.
    Can you show which website indicates this information? This is a very good business model which company does not have to order any raw material until the dealers make a large comnit on the orders. So this is a airplane business model business where there is a huge backlog of preorder before they can deliver cars....LOL..

Sorry. I didn't get that info from a web-site.

I live in upstate SC near the BMW plant, and I know many people that work there. I can say that on the plant tours, they give that information out, but I don't have a site to refer you to that details that policy.
  • dandydoniidandydonii Posts: 45
    how much room have people found for negoiating off a dealer's first listing price of a 3 series CPO? I have come across some dealerships who act like taking 1,000 off is a big deal and other dealerships who seem to decrease the price every week. I just wanted to see what others have found.
  • cadreamncadreamn Posts: 56
    Sat in a hardtop convertible 3 series the other day - red with tan interior. One thing I noticed was that the interior color of the roof (headliner) was black. I would have expected it to match the interior of the car (tan) as I've seen on other hardtop convertibles. Having it black really darkens the interior feel when the roof is up. Can you get the headliner to match the interior or is this is just the way it is?

(Sorry - couldn't find a more appropriate discussion forum for this question.)
    Sat in a hardtop convertible 3 series the other day - red with tan interior. One thing I noticed was that the interior color of the roof (headliner) was black. I would have expected it to match the interior of the car (tan) as I've seen on other hardtop convertibles. Having it black really darkens the interior feel when the roof is up. Can you get the headliner to match the interior or is this is just the way it is?

I have a 2010 328i convertible, red interior and black headliner. I think all the convertible 3 series have a black headliner, but the M3 may be different, as it has an "expanded leather" option in the interior that does just that.... expands the color to more of the interior. I suspect it is black as well, though.
    Can you show which website indicates this information? This is a very good business model which company does not have to order any raw material until the dealers make a large comnit on the orders. So this is a airplane business model business where there is a huge backlog of preorder before they can deliver cars.....

Its not really a system as you describe, in that there is no real uncertainty about production. BMW is pretty good at estimating production numbers, but they have the capacity to add units when necessary. If you ever get the chance, take a tour of the US plant in SC. It may surprise you (or, it may not).

Try this web-site below. It states that over 80% of autos produced are for specific customer order. The rest are ordered by dealers for lot sales (or so I have been told). BMW production is a totally separate arm in the BMW company structure, and it transfers vehicle ownership to the BMW sales arm once the car leaves the assembly line and is approved as "ready for sale".

As when I have ordered my BMW's in the past, the dealer takes a car already assigned to him (same model) that is not yet in production and assigns the vehicle order number to you and at the same time, makes the changes so the car will conform to your option set (and, you can track the car all throughout the manufacturing process on the BMW web-site...pretty classy). Once a VIN number has been assigned, you can see it on the web-site.

One might think this would add time to vehicle delivery, but when I bought my 07 Z4 Coupe, I hade it less than 3 weeks after I ordered it, because it was made in Spartanburg. The last car I ordered was a 2010 328i convertible (made in Germany), and total time from order placement to delivery at the Performance Center was a little over 6 weeks. That was before the volcano "event" in the Atlantic.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

http://www.bmwusfactory.com/#/manufacturing/284/
  • yeungyeung Posts: 1
    Hi,Guys,
    I wanna to by a aux audio input for my car,i hope the kits can connect MP3,IPOD---
    if there is anyone bought that kit,could you tell me ??? :)
    Thanks
  • jiteshdjiteshd Posts: 3
    29K$ + tax OR 29k OTD?
  • hemanthhhemanthh Posts: 40
    I ust bought a connector cable from Best Buy. 15 bucks or something like that. Apple store had a similar thing, a bit more expensive. Mine works great, except, I have to crank up the volume a bit
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 22,303
    how much room have people found for negoiating off a dealer's first listing price of a 3 series CPO?

There really is no straight answer to this. Every dealer is different. It will depend on how much that dealer typically marks a car up, how much they had to spend to CPO it, how long it has been on the lot, where exactly Venus is in relation to the moon that day, etc, etc.

Your best bet is to find out what the trade-in value is of the EXACT car you are interested in, then add for profit and warranty (on a BMW CPO, $4k over trade-in value seems to be the "right" price).

'17 F150 Crew 2.7; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '09 LR2 HSE. 44-car history and counting!

• Got a Base Package 335d with Heated Front Seats in Jet Black for $38175 plus $349 dealer fee, plus tax, title and registration. Everything came out to around $39800+ out the door. Also got 2.9% for 60 months for financing.
    Yes your 399 fee is normal. Any dealership has their document fee (which is what it is) and they are most likely very reluctant to let you get out of it. Havent really heard too many stories about people getting that waved. But 399 is not bad, cos in GA where I'm from its 599 @ any BMW dealership.
    GA doc fee is vary from dealers. It ranges from $399 to $599. You can not waive the doc fee since it is pre-print on the form but you negotiate down the amount equal to the doc fee of the price of the car. Doc fee is extra profit that shared between the sales manager and the salesman.....
  • Any and all replies appreciated: Please give me ur feedback regarding this 2010 335 xi demo with 4500 miles on it.
    black,navigation,premium,coldweather, logic 7 sound, steptronic

$51475 MSRP

$42900 Selling

36 month 15k a year.

54% residual - miles driven =51.6% or 26566.50

.0017 money factor

$586.54 base payment

$ 35.19 Tax

$621.73 monthly payment

Due at signing

$621.73 monthly payment

$650.00 Security deposit