-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Out the door Price good or not

darren_wdarren_w Member Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Toyota
2015 Corolla S plus drivers convenience package and moon roof


Ok so shopping around and the best offer so far leaves me at 24,312 out the door plus DMV fees believe they are a standard 75$ in NY. I am thinking I should be able o get hat down some more. Anyone with experience here that could help me out. I am thinking I could get it for around 23800 plus DMV fees. does that sound out of line? I have not had to buy a new car in almost 20 years and am kinda happy for that so far. Dealers are like vultures get a price quote online then followed up by multiple calls a day

Anyway thanks in advance

Comments

  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 243,901
    darren_w said:

    2015 Corolla S plus drivers convenience package and moon roof


    Ok so shopping around and the best offer so far leaves me at 24,312 out the door plus DMV fees believe they are a standard 75$ in NY. I am thinking I should be able o get hat down some more. Anyone with experience here that could help me out. I am thinking I could get it for around 23800 plus DMV fees. does that sound out of line? I have not had to buy a new car in almost 20 years and am kinda happy for that so far. Dealers are like vultures get a price quote online then followed up by multiple calls a day

    Anyway thanks in advance


    Without knowing your local taxes, etc, other can't really respond, unless they live in NY, as well.

    Dealer document fees are restricted to $75 in NY, but that isn't the same as title/registration/DMV fees. Also, what about tax?

    Usually, "out the door" means including all costs.. which this quote doesn't seem to include.

    Better to know all the numbers, than to focus on one "final" number, that in this case, doesn't seem to be final, at all.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Options
    darren_wdarren_w Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I actually wrote that wrong. Going off wife's numbers and misread them I guess.

    Car price 21885.00
    2% dealer mark up 437.70
    Tax 1922 .74 ( based on sales tax of 8.625)
    plate fee 25.00
    title certificate fee 50.00
    Document fee 75.00

    Total 24370. 44

    I did not have his number breakdown when I originally posted. MY thoughts I should be able to negotiate down from there at least eliminating the mark up number.

    Thanks for the help





  • Options
    MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101
    darren_w said:


    Car price 21885.00
    2% dealer mark up 437.70
    Tax 1922 .74 ( based on sales tax of 8.625)
    plate fee 25.00
    title certificate fee 50.00
    Document fee 75.00
    Total 24370. 44

    I did not have his number breakdown when I originally posted. MY thoughts I should be able to negotiate down from there at least eliminating the mark up number.

    Thanks for the help

    Yes, the only thing that's really negotiable here is the sales price of the car. The True Market Value of the 2015 Corolla S Plus with the Driver Convenience package and a moonroof is $22,168 (vs. the $22,322.70 that the dealership quoted you (sales price + mark up)). So it does seem that there some room to negotiate down a bit.

    Good luck!


  • Options
    darren_wdarren_w Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the response .. so decent offer with a little room to do better. I have not mentioned to them that I may be buying 2 I don;t know if that will help motivate them any lower or no though
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 245,379
    darren_w said:

    Thank you for the response .. so decent offer with a little room to do better. I have not mentioned to them that I may be buying 2 I don;t know if that will help motivate them any lower or no though

    There may be a bit more room if you are buying 2; wait until the end of the month and contact multiple dealers. One may need that extra sale or two to hit a volume level for bonus money from Toyota, and may be willing to discount the car a bit more than you expect to close the sale.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    darren_wdarren_w Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Michaell unfortunately I may not make it until the end of the month my wife totaled her car on 12/30. Will all depend on getting money from the insurance company and a couple other funding hings I have working right now
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 245,379
    darren_w said:

    Thank you Michaell unfortunately I may not make it until the end of the month my wife totaled her car on 12/30. Will all depend on getting money from the insurance company and a couple other funding hings I have working right now

    That makes sense ... but, try not to rush into any decisions. Best of luck, and keep us informed as to how you do.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.