Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    +1^ - get your money back. If you want, put that money into a savings account and us it only if you ever have an issue with the car out of warranty. I bet you'll have plenty of money left in 7 years. :shades:
  • kst1kst1 Posts: 22
    Hi guys! I am looking at a 2007 CPO Acura TSX in Central California. The car is a base, automatic TSX with 14K miles. The dealer has it listed at $ 21985 + TTL. Is that a good price for this car? Also, any point in even looking at an extended warranty beyond the CPO warranty? And finally, is premium gas absolutely required? I have seen some posts here where people have been drviving on regular and have had no problems. I do have a daily commute of 70-75 miles, so it is an important factor although not deal breaking. Thanks!
  • I went online and asked for a price quote.
    Within 10 minutes, 2 dealers called me and the best was at 26,260.
  • Why in the world would be buy a manual car TSX?
    I have been quoted 26,260 for a TSX without evening blinking an eye.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,593
    edited February 2010
    Why in the world would be buy a manual car TSX?

I think there's a actual question lurking in there, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Perhaps it has to do with why anyone would choose a manual.

Perhaps not.

Either way, I have a very strong opinion having to do with the simplicity, reliability and overall superiority (shift when you want, how you want, only if your want) of manual transmissions. That's why I went to great lengths a couple of years ago to obtain a manual-transmission-equipped TSX, without the "tech" package, no less.

I'm enjoying it as much as it's humanly possible to enjoy a front-wheel-drive car, which is quite a lot, as it turns out.

If the question has to do with why anyone who wants to drive a "status" brand like the Acura (yeah, right) with a yeoman transmission, as opposed to the upscale automatic, well, that's a whole 'nother world.

Talk amongst yourselves.
  • Just got this deal, let me know what you think. Texas, purchase for a 2010 TSX black/parchment 4cyl, AT, with Tech, wheel locks, tint, and side body moldings and nitrogen in tires for 30,411 plus ttl.

Did I do good?
  • Any advice for negotiating the price on a TSX 5 spd automatic, no Tech package? I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible and I'm anxious to find out what the incentives will be starting March 2. How much off the invoice price is it reasonable to hope for? Thanks
    Forget the extended warranty. The car will run OK on regular tho there might be a slight mileage hit. You'll have to check it yourself - easy to do with that long of commute. As far as price that is a bit high - I bought an 06 w/ NAV 6MT still in warranty for $18,600 (w/ 20K mi) last fall - that was private party. I'd aim for $20K for that car.
    It all depends on the market in the area. Without incentives getting a TSX below invoice is tough - you are into the dealers holdback. Look up the prices at http://www.truecar.com/index.html
  • EXACTLY & Right on. give MSRP and what the cost was before tax & license, tax and license varies everywhere, heck Oregon doesnt even have sales tax! Here in Colorado it is where you live not where you buy.
    OTD price does not help as much as discount from MSRP.
    Thanks
    Hoping to buy a TSX soon,once we settle on a color!
  • The only tsx that absolutely requires premium gasoline is the 2010 V6 tsx. It is prefered that with the 4 cylinder models that you use 91 octane or higher. Here's the thing, with 91 octane you'll get more miles to the gallon as opposed to 87 octane. I've seen it myself when comparing my millage so you might as well do 91 or above. And if your worried about regular gasoline harming the car then it's better to go for 91 or higher and you'll get more miles to the gallon in the process.
  • billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    Sportwagon is supposed to be available this fall. At least one internet site indicates that it will have the same specs as the sedan, i.e. it will be possible to get wagon with 6MT. Anyone have any info on this?
  • ricardomricardom Posts: 3
    ZIP 06443
    I'd love to hear from interested dealers.
    Trading 2006 TSX gorgeous condition.
  • oghowieoghowie Posts: 53
    edited March 2010
    For the people that have purchased new TSXs.

Did your car come with wheel locks?

I got a 2010 Base, but I didn't get wheel locks. When I got home I noticed that one lug nut on each wheel was marked blue?

Thanks.
  • radar6radar6 Posts: 28
    Sounds like your car had them and they took them off. I think most dealers put them on to prevent theft while car is on lot. Doesn't cost dealer much, most throw them in deal.
  • sargondizzosargondizzo NYPosts: 20
    I need to know if this is a good deal. I reside in NYC.

$29071 included destination
    $2543.71 0.875 tax
    $249 doc fees
    $264 MV fees plate/reg
    $2205 + tax 8 years and 120k warranty 0 Deductible

total $32127.71 without warranty
    total $$34525.65 with warranty
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,312
    Good selling price (I paid 32,112 + Tax for the exact same car in late August)

Doc fees in NY are capped at like $90
    DO NOT BUY THE 8 YEAR/120K WARRANTY - Underneath all the Acura Glitz this car is a HONDA at heart.

Good luck! You're going to love the car!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

Do you think I should get GAP Insurance on it? How much does that usually cost? I am putting 8k out of pocket.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,312
    is included by NY State law as part of every lease/finance agreement. You don't need extra GAP insurance. BTW - A TSX TECH holds its value especially well - you'll NEVER be upside down on this car especially considering you're putting 8K down? Why so much?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

I thought GAP was only required for a lease in NY? I am putting 8k down so I can afford the payments comfortably. I know this car holds it value, one of the selling points for me. I am really excited to get it. Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    If you are financing with $8K down, you will likely never be upside-down... There is nothing for GAP insurance to cover..

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Better deal is on the table now. A competitor is willing to do 28,900 including destination with Tax I'll be at 32,037 instead of 32127 (taxes included in price). Doesn't seem like much of difference but he is willing to throw in All Weather Floor Mats (140) and 2 Free Oil Changes (100). Total savings is $330, almost a payment lol
    New incentives are out $1000 for TSX With Tech $750 TSX Base $1500 for V-6 With tech $1200 V-6 Base.
  • salad_82salad_82 Posts: 3
    I had a quote from Chicago Dealer for 26,800$ (excl Tax) in month of Feb for TSX Black Non-Tech, does it mean the new incentives should reduce my price by 750$ ?
  • mike651mike651 Posts: 24
    edited March 2010
    Here's the rule of thumb: if you finance your car and put 20% or more down, then don't purchase GAP. If you put less than 20% down, then GAP may be a good thing to purchase. I put 10% down so I decided to go with GAP. Your down payment of 8k definately means that you won't ever be upside down on the loan. In your situation, you don't need GAP.
    Thanks mike651! I just didn't want to make the wrong choice because after I walk out of the dealer I can't purchase it since I live in NY. I did ask the dealer how much GAP was and they quoted me at around $500 for GAP. Glad I don't have to worry about it because that's a lot of money in my opinion.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,593
    that even if you do need gap insurance, you certainly don't need to buy it through the dealership. It's much cheaper through the insurance agent that sells the rest of your car insurance.

I was a bit taken aback by the "after I walk out of the dealer I can't purchase it" remark. Why, pray tell, can't you go to Acme Insurance and buy a gap insurance policy anytime you feel like it?
    Non Tech Incentives to dealer in Feb were $500 this month $750 so it would be $250
    It's the law in NY State. I found out the hard way when I bought a certified used 2005 Audi TT Roadster. I am originally from NJ and you can buy GAP after the deal is done but according to NY State Law you have to buy it at time of purchase. I now do not have GAP on my Audi and only put 2k down. I am upside down on the car and worry every time I drive it because I thought I could get it after the fact. Oh well, what can I do now?
  • glenski01glenski01 Posts: 44
    does this price include dealer handling charge, D&H, or whatever the add on dealer charge is in NY? Seems like anything priced here (Colorado) has the dealer handling tacked on afterwards of $395 to $595 on top of price quoted, which is bull.