Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joey32joey32 Posts: 5
    Thanks. I went ahead and got it cancelled. I plan to install the clear bra from 3M for external protection though but not from the dealer.
  • joey32joey32 Posts: 5
    I recently purchased the 2010 TSX Base Automatic for 26,660 before TTL from Sunnyvale Acura, California. Got a quote online and called them to confirm. Went in and made the purchase no hassles. They did not include any accessories like wheel locks or mats. At the price, I wasn't going to worry about that. Also got 3 yrs 0% APR for 18K. Thanks to everyone on this forum for posting their details. It helped a lot.
  • smithmadsmithmad Posts: 19
    I am looking to go in and purchase a 2010 TSX v6 and wondering if there are any dealer incentives or rebates besides the financing special this month. If you know of any please let me know. I didnt see any when I did my search but I wanted to make sure I didnt overlook it.
  • sargondizzosargondizzo NYPosts: 20
    Here is the breakdown of the deal I made with Springfield Acura in NJ. 2010 TSX w/ Tech, $28,900 (price includes destination $810.00), tax is $2565.76 (8.875% in NY), registration, title, etc. $264.00, doc fee $298.00, 1st oil change $9.95, total cost 32,037.71 OTD. No other charges apply.

This deal includes all weather mats and 2 oil changes.
  • radar6radar6 Posts: 28
    Cash to dealer for V6 in March is 1200.00 for non tech and 1500 for TSX V6 with tech
  • bell8bell8 Posts: 2
    Owner of 2010 Acura TSX

They are saying that Acura is Advance? And it is, but only on the paper. For those who did not buy it yet, here is the real thing from the owner.

This car is the worst car that ever had. Here is few things that really wrong with it and I have to live with it for 2 more years.

1. GPS.
    1a. GPS doesn't have the information about speed limit for any roads or highways, so it cannot give you the fastest and easiest way (like TomTom or Garmin)
    1b. GPS doesn’t have the “Bird View” that all other GPS has it.
    1c. “Places Search” is the worst. It’s not friendly at all. (and I am very good with all technologies) Here is one stupid example, when for example you search for “Wendy’s” it gives you Wendy’s that 2000 miles away. You really have to find your way how to start search that can search by the distance. And when want to make a “way point” there is no way at all to do that.

2. Microphone.
    2a. This is my 3rd car with Bluetooth, and this is the worst Microphone ever. People hear you very bad; it’s like you on a very bad speakerphone.
    2b. There is a 3-4 seconds delay between when you answer the phone and people starting to hear you. So you end up screaming HELLO for the 5th time before people can hear you.
    You want to confirm that? Here is the forum with people campaigns http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695900&highlight=phone

3. Climate Control (this the worst)
    3a. This is a real nightmare. Manual options simply don’t work. You CANNOT control climate control manually. The air is ALWAYS blowing from side front vents. If you put it “Floor Only” it will still blows from Front side vent. I took it to a dealer and they said that this the way the design it.
    3b. The fan speed changes automatically even if you set manually. If, for example, you set the fan speed on manual 3, time to time it will start blow harder like 4 or lower like 2. Again dealer said it’s NORMAL.
    3c. When it’s cold outside the climate control blows Hot air to the bottom and Cold air to the front vents (and remember there is no way to close front vents even on manual “floor only” mode and if you close it physically on the dash that this cold air will start blowing from every small dent on the dash, and it’s even worst). So you upper body is cold and you feet are sweating, and if you raise the temperature, it’ll just blows harder. This is a biggest problem, I took my car to a dealer 4 times, but what they do, they connect the car to a computer and if sensors in the car sends OK! to a computer, they that its OK!
    You want to confirm that? Look at the Votes on this forum:
    http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758603
    3d. Now the front vents are not that simple also, they have their mind as well, so they blowing air, ready?,, at DIFFERENT temperature
    You want to confirm that? Look at the YouTube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmNMafRh2Y

If you live in the place where you have cold winter (40F and below), you will regret the day you bought this car.

4. Brakes
    Brakes are very squeaky, just like public city bus.

5. Gas Tank
    When you have more then half of tank of gas you will hear the gas splashing very loud.

I don’t understand why people aren’t talking about it enough to stop other people of buying that peace of crap.
  • ricardomricardom Posts: 3
    Your price with Tech sounds about right and is a far cry from what I encountered. Acura of Milford CT stated the MSRP of a 2010 w/o Tech to be 39,465 and offered a totally inflexible bottom line price of 26,684 net cash due after trade in of my cream puff 2006 TSX! Obviously, no deal! Many thanks for the perspective.
  • nasileynnasileyn Posts: 2
    Is 29,300 (inc. destination) +TTL and tax... a good deal? Buying tonight! please let me know.
  • smithmadsmithmad Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    That seems like a good deal to me. I was offered the TSX base (w/out tech) at $27,300 + TTL. I have heard Tech is about $2K more so it is right in the price range. Also check out http://www.truecar.com/index.html I found this a useful site also.
  • nasileynnasileyn Posts: 2
    thanks. I think its a good deal too.. another dealer wouldnt match that and said 29,600 was his lowest. Does the dealer buy the weather floor mats from the parts dept. at a lower cost or do they eat the price when then throw those in?
  • im an acura dealer in ny and i can tell you right now if your financing the car im sure your taking the low apr from ahfc and all honda loans include gap free of charge in ny
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,313
    You should check out the "stories from the sales frontline" thread. There is a poster looking to buy a TL SH AWD. It'd be interesting to hear your input on his deal. Good to have an Acura dealer on board.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

• mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    Ditch Acura of Milford. I can't believe they can actually stay in business. Extend your search out to NY area dealers using Stamford, CT zip for example of 06902. I've had Acura dealers right across the CT boarder easily beat Acura of Milford and you avoid the doc fee of $299-$530
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,313
    I'd avoid Curry Acura like the plague. I got a great quote from Acura of Westchester & Devan Acura's salesman was second to none.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

• I bought mine in NOVA for 27,500 (non tek) including destination, floor mats, all weather mats, splash guards and wheel locks, excluding tags/tax and fees. I have 1,000 miles on it already (bought in 5 weeks ago) and I still everything about it. Good luck!!
  • I am in the Pittsburgh Pa area. What would be the least amount to pay for a 2010 TSX base ? And the best finance rate ? Is the resale better with the TSX over a 328xi BMW ? Buy the way I found a couple BMW 328xi's that msrp for $40,500.00 for a barn burning price of $35,000.00 with great financing . Thanks
  • lynn52lynn52 Posts: 1
    Joey, can you tell me if the $26,600 included the $810 destination fee? Or, did you have to pay for that separately. Also, how did you get the quote online? Di you just email their Internet Sales office? Thanks for your help. What does TTL run in California, any idea?
  • jroc2jroc2 Posts: 3
    Just bought 2010 TSX Base in the NW Chicago burbs for $27,300 including ($810) destination plus TTL and got them to pitch in all weather mats. Was this a decent deal? I dealt with 3 area dealers online and this was the best I could do.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Considering that's below invoice, it's a good deal.
  • I've got a quote for $28,000 from dealer for '09withTech, I4, all-weather mats with 9,200 mi. I'll pay taxes, reg etc. back in my home state. the vehicle was titled by the dealership in 7/09. They will certify it for an additional $795. Is the 28,000 a good price and is it worth having it certified? Thanks
  • This is an excellent price. By my calculation over $700 below invoice. I'm also located in NW Chicago and shopping for this model. Could you pass along the name of the dealership?
  • This dealer is in Atlanta (Acura Carland)
  • jroc2jroc2 Posts: 3
    This was at Muller Acura in Hoffman Estates (off Golf Rd). This was actually their internet price $26,490 (+810), so you may be able to get them to go a little lower. They seemed pretty firm at that price though. I also shopped Continental Acura in Naperville & Arlington Acura in Palatine I managed to get them to match the price but wouldn't beat it....
  • radar6radar6 Posts: 28
    That car is a year old now and will be two years old when 2011 are out. I got a quote of 29500 for a 2010 brand new 5 miles on it and with body side moldings and mud flaps. Plus the cash to dealer was 500 lower than now you can do better.
  • billc112billc112 Posts: 21
    I'm getting an offer of 30,412 before taxes, fees, etc (apparently 900 below invoice) in Southern California. How does this sound?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Where in Southern California? I'm starting to look in the San Diego area.
    Thanks
  • billc112billc112 Posts: 21
    Cerritos Acura
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Thanks
  • glenski01glenski01 Posts: 44
    Finally ready to pull the trigger for the TSX,4 cylinder non tech, after comparing the car, it just seems to fit for us (sure wish the TSX had the keyless start technology though, heck the new Ford Fiesta is due to have it!!!) I see varied opiniouns on the style of the TSX, but I like it ,especially from the rear and the side, quality interior too.

Does anyone know if the dealer incentive of $1250-$1500 is still out there? Was advised (and now see it on Acura site) that 1.9% interest for 60 months is offered thru 7/6/10.
    Shooting for a price of $26,600 to $27,300 for the car, this is based what I see others have received, although that was Mar/Apr, best offer thus far $28,000 plus TTL, only have one local (metro Denver ) price and one 6 hrs away that is best price so far, but not where I think it should be.
    Am I in the ballpark? Do not have a trade in. Any help or sharing of your pricing is appreciated, Thanks!

When giving price I appreciate NET with no add ons such as dealer handling charge, other than the variable of TTL (tax, license, DOC, tite fee. Much more workable and real that way!
  • glenski01glenski01 Posts: 44
    Jroc,
    Was the $27,300 the cost with only add of Tax Title License fees?--Thanks