Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chrysler Pacifica: Problems & Solutions

1565758596062»

Comments

• Tire pressure alarm after about 60 miles on my new 2006 FWD Touring. There's mention of a pressure calibration elsewhere in the forums but the 2006 doesn't seem to have that. Also the donut magnet might work but I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. The pressure on the inside door label is 33psi but the tires (235x55x19) have a 44max listing. I've tried from 33-40 but still get the error. Drove >100mi at each pressure. Going to the dealer tomorrow but would like any feedback anyone has.
    Thanks
  • arriearrie Posts: 312
    Did you check the spare tire too? It also has the pressure sensor in it.

--Arrie--
  • Yes, after you suggested it I did check it. 60psi which should be OK.
    Thanks for the idea though.
    Anything else?????
    btw, the donut magnet.. does it automatically put the computer into calibration mode or do you need to have that up on the menu first. I can probably come up with a magnet from work to do this if I need to.
  • There's a TSB 2200205 from Chrysler on Tire pressure.
    Does anyone know what this refers to?
    2006 Chrysler Pacifica
    Bulletin #: 2200205
    Sequence #: 10018985
    Date: 12/07/2005
    Component Name: 199000 tires:pressure monitoring and regulating systems
    Make: Chrysler
    Model: Pacifica
    Year: 2006
    Summary: Tire pressure monitor - system information. *tt
  • I think this is a bad idea. I have no interest in reading so many forums that each get just a few posts a month. I find it much more enjoyable to read an active forum on a broader range of issues.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,196
    The place to discuss the forums software is the Forums Software! Your Questions Answered... discussion.

This particular discussion illustrates why the change is happening. Over 2000 posts about many different types of problems. If you want to find information about Pacifica suspension problems, would you rather dig through 2000 posts, or just go to the Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Issues discussion?

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• My wife and i recently bought an 04 pacifica. looked and ran great for a couple of days, then it happened. my wife went to get in it and tried to crank it and it just cut off. dealer said it was in "theft" mode and quickly told us how to solve the problem. well, it has since happened again, and the solutions the dealer told us don't work....any suggestions?
  • Well they donutted the stems and reprogrammed the tire pressure for 35psi. That should do it. Other problems but I'll put them on another forum.
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 202
    I get a high pressure alert whenever the tires go over about 45 psi on my 2004 AWD. I keep mine around 40 psi. Several times after standard service has been performed on my Pacifica, I have discovered that the mechanic put the pressure up to 44 psi. When I drove it through the desert, the high pressure alert came on. I would think that 60 psi on the spare would set off the alert. My original tires now have over 56,000 miles and may get almost 10,000 more.
  • Thank you, The door pressure is listed as 33psi which is a joke. That's what they set the calibration at. Therefore if it goes 510 or outside the 28-43psi reading the alarm comes on. The dealer told me it was minus 5 or plus 10 for the alarm. I've set mine at 36 but am still not happy with the ride. I think i'm going to buy a 300 style magnet and calibrate myself. My 19in Michelins have 45 as the max pressure. I'm wondering what the average setting should be.
  • I changed my tires at 69,000 and I run them at about 35psi. They still looked good for at least 5,000 more. I replaced them with the original spec. tires.
  • 35psi may inprove tread life a little but how is the ride? I found the steering and cornering like driving through mud....very sluggish and non responsive.
    My mpg also has gone up at least 3mpg since raising the pressure. I'm currently running about 38psi.
  • Actually its a little ROUGH at 35 psi with the 17" wheels but the handling is terrific so I don't mind the bumps. Highway driving pushes it up close to 40 anyway. I'm about ready to change my front brakes also since the mileage is now up to just under 80,000. Most maintenance free car I have owned.
  • :) Back again! The part change was the faulty secondary gas pump but they changed the primary pump too. For those who don't know the PAC comes with two gas tank and pumps. And it has been a source of a huge problem for owners like me.
    NO payment was made, Chrysler will gladly pick up the tap I think!. I know the Dealer will not, thats for sure.

The Pac is too smooth running again. :shades:
  • I've the 19" so it's probably a little different.
    I do like the handling at the higher pressures though.
  • I leased my '05 August of last year. By the end of October I had had the car in the shop 6 days with multiple leaks which required (after I demanded) replacement of the entire carpet. Then in February my door locks and windows stopped working - I was told it was a cold weather issue and a "new" part would fix it. Then in May (well past cold weather) my doors and windows stopped working again. This time it was convenient to blame it on static. Yet another part was replaced. Then in July and again last month my car began stalling (what a shock) when making left turns. And then last week, guess what.... doors and windows stopped working again. Have issued Final Notice to Repair order to Chrysler and begun Lemon Law filings thru my State's Attorney General's office. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. It's an accident waiting to happen. I have two kids I commute with every day and my message center won't tell me if their doors are ajar, won't lock their doors for them and god forbid we are in an accident and the only way out is through an open window - we are all dead. Great job, Dr. Z..... :mad: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
    Just noticed that my '06 Pacifica Signature Series engine rpm seems to be limited to 2500 rpm when gear shift is on Park or Neutral. It clearly cuts off at 2500 rpm when trying to rev it up on park.

When I put the gear shift to drive or autostick it revs up beyond 2500 rpm without any hesitation and the car drives just fine.

Anybody know if this is what it is supposed to do?

--Arrie--
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,953
    yup.

i guess they figure it protects it somehow.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• May I ask why you need it to rev any faster than that?
    Even my lawnmower has a governor on it.
    Same but with computer control.......good idea
    Keeps someone....(hint) from blowing up the motor.
    you are not going to blow up the Pacifica's engine by revving past 2500 rpms sitting still (that is, if you were allowed to).

It already has a rev limiter to protect the engine ... it is at red line.

but, no, i don't necessarily need to rev past 2500 sitting still. I only discovered it when trying to jump a dead battery.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

Thanks,

--Arrie--
    Hey primetime2628,

If you ever fix a car engine you will understand why I'm asking about this rpm limit.

--Arrie--
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    The purpose it to save the transmission in case one were to shift from P or N to a drive gear over 2500rpm.

Even increasing RPM for more alternator current (jump startign another vehicel) should not need more than 2000rpm.

So, what's the point to revving in neutral on with an automatic tranny?
    what's the point to revving in neutral on with an automatic tranny?

i already said its not necessary.

• Ok arrie, I do know the reason, I was expressing more the how. And yes I've rebuilt engines, carbs, and most other parts of a car. Safetys are built in all over. I guess that did come across as a little sarcastic.....sorry.
    Just looking for some answers on my audio problem....thought I'd chime in on this one.
    :blush:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    revving up an engine in neutral to high rpm can be quite risky...the engine has "load" (it's not doing any work) and at higher rpm the forces acting on the pistons are tremendous. So a rev limiter that prvents accidentally winding up the engine in neutral is a good thing.
    A lot of noise for nothing!

Did you guys think about what I wrote in my post?

I was just asking if the behavior that I explained is what it is supposed to do.

I already guessed that it is correct behavior obviously to protect engine from unnecessary high revolution speeds. Just wanted to run it by to make sure others do the same.

This is the first car I have owned that has this feature though. Usually it is just the upper limit at around 5000 - 6000 rpm, if any.

And yes, high engine speed causes high forces on piston, push rod and crankshaft and it does not really matter if there is load on the engine or not. It is just a matter of the engine speed.

--Arrie--
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,196
    Please go to the Chrysler Pacifica group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

This discussion has been closed.