Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Trust me, they wouldn't do a deal they don't make any money on. Even if you get a car for below invoice, there are dealer incentives kicked back by Lexus, so they are making money. Maybe not as much as they'd like to make, but enough to agree to the deal.

Chris
  • I've been negotiating for days now, and I think I can safely advise on what the best deals in Northern California are for the 2006 AWD in two different packages.

2006 RX330 AWD MSRP $48,573
    Best deal: $42,297

2006 RX330 AWD MSRP $45,753
    Best deal: $40,150

If you can get less in the Bay Area, then congratulations. I was basically told "Good luck!" by more than one dealership when I asked if they could match these quotes. They only reason I was calling them was to find the color I wanted in stock (Breakwater Blue).

I ended up choosing the RX330 with the Levinson package (MSRP $48,573), but I had two dealers with one of the options at each location in stock at those prices. The kicker that seemed to push the deal into place was I told each dealer I'd take whichever package met the price I wanted...and they both met it, so I had my choice of cars. Both dealers just minutes earlier were telling me there was no way they could match these offers.

One issue that helped.....one of the salesmen told me he'd swing the deal because the dealership hadn't met their numbers for the day.....I was calling late in the day....so you might try dealing later in the evening rather than in the morning. I hadn't realized the dealership had daily goals.....I figured they were weekly or monthly.

I'll confirm once my deal gets finalized tomorrow, but I wanted to be sure anybody in the Bay Area was negotiating with the best recent information.

Chris
  • Lexus of Riverside never replied to a price inquiry. I did get some other replies from Southern California dealers, but none of them were different enough from what I found in Northern Cal to get me to do the drive.

Chris
  • I've gotten two quotes from Broward County dealers under $39,000 for the same RX 330. The lower was $38,511 from Countyline Lexus Internet Department. JM Lexus quoted $38,999.
  • Apologies for the confusion.... I got the $40,200 quote on the PREMIUM PLUS with:

6 CD Changer
    18" alloy wheels
    Heated front seats with rain sensing
    Voice Navigation
    Tow Package
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

I think the PREMIUM PLUS is about $1,000 more. I also am getting $600 worth of decorative wood on the interior. So, we seem to be "in line"
  • Please advise whether this sounds like a good deal. I got the following quote in MA today

2006 RX 330 AWD,Nav,Premium Plus

MSRP $45,753
    Quote $41,500 (+Sales tax+Registration)
    Options:
    6 CD
    18" tires
    Heated seats/rain sensing wipers
    Navigation
    Premium Plus
    Trans. cooler/Heavy duty alternator and radiator
    Cargo mat
    Wheel locks

After going through the forum discussions, this number seems to be in the ballpark range! :confuse:
  • I'm not sure how different MA would be from CA, but I think you should be able to knock another $1000 off of that fairly easily. Keep shopping....see what sorts of other offers you can raise!

Remember that Lexus dealers get holdback of 2% of the Base MSRP. This is perhaps sacred money to them, but it's a good reason why so many are able to get prices at or near invoice.

Chris
  • I got the car today...MSRP of $48,573 with a price of $42,297 plus tax and lic. I dealt with Lexus of Pleasanton and they didn't even try to jack me up on extended warranties or extras. The finance guy did mention them, but we are talking zero pressure. I'm very happy....my best car buying experience ever!

I must comment....Lexus of Serramonte and Coliseum Lexus (Oakland) were both instrumental in my receiving this deal. Lexus of Serramonte was the dealership that gave me the lowest bids and seemed to be the easiest to work with....they simply didn't have the car that I wanted in stock. Coliseum Lexus matched the price I wanted readily....and if Lexus of Pleasanton hadn't given me the price I wanted then I would have gotten a little bit less of a car from Coliseum Lexus.

I feel comfortable recommending any of these three dealerships to anybody looking to buy in Northern California. As a matter of fact, after all my research, I'd simply concentrate on those three and you'll not waste any further legwork finding the best price.

After driving this car to it's hiding spot for the next week.....man.....my wife is going to freak on Christmas morning!

Chris
  • yyyyyy Posts: 22
    I remember the MSRP $45083 having the invoice price of $39420. The ballpark number in the forum is NOT paying >1000 over invoice. It is more like +/- $500 from invoice depending on the region. Cheers,
  • i'm buying. i think 41K would be an incredible deal. it seems that things are cheaper out west.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    A reporter from a large national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who just recently purchased a new vehicle in the past six months. If you have a story to share, please respond to [email protected] with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence, and the make/model(s) that you bought no later than December 22, 2005.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Why don't you guys try to push for -$1000 under invoice. It's the 3rd year of the model, I have seen ppl getting it for 1k under now.
  • Hi Chris,

I just popped back onto the forum. I have not bought my car yet as I have to turn in my Benz. The lease is up next month. I agree that Lexus of Serramontes has been great. They gave me the lowest price right off the bat while I had a few other dealers try to haggle. I promptly deleted their messages. I am getting the same quotes you did. I will let you know once I get my car.

Your wife is one lucky lady! Merry Christmas!
  • kirinkirin Posts: 2
    I am new to this forum. Does anyone have experience with RX 330 pricing in the Seattle-Tacoma area? Specifically Lexus of Tacoma at Fife.
    I was quoted $46,232 for a 2006 RX 330 with the following:
    protective trim
    18" wheels
    Navigation/Camera
    Premium Plus Package
    6 disc CD
    cargo mat
    heated seats & rain sensing wipers
    They're offering $12,500 on my trade...2001 VolvoXC70.In reading other member's prices I am thinking I should be able to get the car for about $40,000 + Tax & License.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Kirin
  • Kirin,

It appears you are working on a vehicle with an MSRP of $45,753 based on the options indicated. You should be able to get that vehicle for $40,000 or slightly more...definitely not more than $41,000. Keep shopping. The best bet is to send quote requests to every dealer in your immediate area. This can be done via the Lexus website. Good luck!

Chris
  • I'm in South Florida and don't know whether prices can be compared to kirin in Washington, but this past weekend, I bought that same car as a 2 WD (I'm not familiar with "protective trim", so probably don't have that...) with the addition of a Tow Package for $39,510 -- includes everything except tax. I had spoken to 3-4 dealerships before purchasing. I'm happy with the dealer, with the bamboo pearl color, and with my purchase price. Thanks to the forum members for all the postings and information. Very helpful!
  • Kirin,

I bought the 2006 RX 3000 last week at Lexus of Seattle with everything you stated(not the protective trim)plus Rear Seat Entertainment for $43,000.
    It seems the NW dealers are not giving the prices as I see being given in Northern California.
    I was told by the dealers that the Mark Levinson package is not available here in the Northwest.

What is the protective trim? Is this the 3Mm bra that they put in the front?
  • Interesting take on the Levinson package not being available in the Northwest. My dealer, and several others, told me that the Rear Seat Entertainment system was linked to the Levinson package....you couldn't get one without the other. Strange that you got the RSES without the Levinson if that's true.

Chris
  • kirinkirin Posts: 2
    Fellow Washingtonian,
    The protective trim is nothing more than a few strips of plastic adhesive around the wheelwells and door jambs coupled with a pin stripe down the side of the vehicle which Lexus charges $479 for.It just happens to be on the car I was looking at.
    I will request price quotes from Lexus.I thank everyone for their helpful advice.
    Kirin
  • Chris,

The RSES system is Lexus factory installed. We have three Lexus dealers in Seattle/Tacoma area and all of them told me that Mark Levinson package is not coming over here and the system is Pioneer one.
    My 2006 RX 330 is AWD.
    It is a great SUV.
  • buying a 2wd w/premium package, 6 disc cd,
    and navigation. Sticker price between 44 & 45,000. I'm looking for an out the door price paid (including tax, license, registration) I'm in southern california (los angeles).
    thanks
  • 38500 at BH Lexus and Keyes. Not a prob.
  • Hi,

If I buy a Lexus from a dealer a hunder miles or so away, will I still be able to take it to my local dealer for whatever free servicing I am entitled to? Thanks.

rlb1957
  • All warranty work will be covered.

rlb1957, Please clarify: "whatever free servicing I am entitled to"

If this is free oil changes, free car washes, free whatever then the answer is probably NO.
  • Thanks for the reply, highlander7. You answered my question well despite my vagueness. I was thinking of perks like free car washes when I referred to "free." I am mainly concerned about warranty servicing. Thanks again.

rlb1957
  • you are welcome.

You may still get free car washes, Lexus has been doing this for years so this perk may be free.
  • I'm looking to buy an 06 330RX 2wd before the new year here in Los Angeles. My question is this.

What is the best possible deal I can expect to get on a loaded (except rear entertainment package) vehicle with a sticker price of (If i remember correctly) 44,800. I'm looking for an out the door price that includes tax, lic. and registration.

Also, if I get prices that aren't out the door, how much can I expect tax,lic. and reg. to run me?

thanks.
  • Hi,

What do people think about this price? 2006 RX330-AWD, Premium plus pkg, Navigation system and rear entertainment system with Mark Levinson pkg...MSRP $48,528 and quote of $42,770 plus tax, title and license. I plan on getting it by next week. I like the price, but wonder if I can get it for less since it will be the end of the year and I read that you should usually get your best prices at the end of the year. Thoughts?

Thanks
  • I am looking at SRP 45,733.00 w/ purchase price of 41,700.00. What are the best lexus lease rates availble for tier 1 credit? The lexus dealer told me 0.0031 w/ 53% residual. Using US Bank it is .00230 w/ 56% residual and 645 'bank fee'. I think there should be better with Lexus or other?

Also according to my research here I really should pay about 40.5K for RX330 AWD w/ Prem Plus, Nav, 6CD, 18", Heated Seat etc. What happened was we signed a finance contract & left deposit check for vehicle that was to be delivered 12/21. FIN mgr said if vehicle wasn't in on time we have to do finance contract over and resign, that it wouldn't be valid because we didn't take delivery. I assume this is my opening to renegoiate sale price.
  • thanks,
    got a quote from a dealer for 39,995 + tax, lic. & reg.

another dealer said 42,000 INCLUDING tax, lic. reg.

Is 38,500 about the best price I can expect to get BEFORE tax, lic. & reg?
This discussion has been closed.