Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Evaluate our deal ASAP - Sierra 1500 SLE

mr_mbunamr_mbuna Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Today we will be buying a truck, a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext Cab Short Bed 2WD, and I wanted to get some opinions on the deal we've worked out.

The dealer quoted $26968 for the truck on a MSRP of $30057. The truck includes two tone paint, front fog lamps, Vortec 5300 engine, heavy duty trailering equipment, 3.73 axle ratio, and locking rear differential.

I know the Edmunds TMV price, but I was looking for a little more insight first-hand from Chevy/GMC owners and dealers.

Thanks!
Ben
Maryland

Comments

• mr_mbunamr_mbuna Member Posts: 13
    That price is before rebates. We will be taking the $3000 cash incentive, $750 military rebate, and $500 conquest cash (coming from a non-GMC brand) incentive to bring our purchase price down to $22718. We will then finance that amount plus tax and tags through PeopleFirst at a rate of 3.99% for 60 months.

Ben
  • balichbalich Member Posts: 62
    I strongly advise you to get 4WD because even though it will cost you approx another 2k .. you will get this ALL back when you sell and the 4wd will make your car more desirable - FWIW only.

I got a brand new '03 Chevy Silverado EXT - LS SB 5300 engine Z71 package/ with power seats/allum. rims/Trailering pack for :

Sticker: $33000
    I paid $22500 delivered - final price on xmas eve '02.

sticker 33000
    discount -5000
    rebate -3000
    GM card -2500 (one time exception)

= $22500
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    my truck in 2000

2000 SIlverado LS ext cab 5.3 Z71 all options but leather

MSRP $33K
    I paid $29661 (this only included the gm supplier price because back then they didnt have all this 3K off rebates)
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    MBUNA,

I'm looking at today's price leader (2 at this price - which means it's obtainable); it says : 2003 GMC Sierra 4DR ext CAB for $15,995. This is of course including a $4k factory rebate.

Am I missing something here? Does the rig come with wheels? seems like a steal compared to your quote.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    ID be willing to bet that there is a lil differance in options between one for 30K and one for 16K.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    yea there's a difference in number of bells and wistles between a price leader and the $30k priced truck, but if you take a look at the edmunds list of standard features on a base 1500 it's pretty impressive. Or should I say it's impressive how much mark up there is on the things that pump up the price to $30k?

BTW; the price leader is the V6, but from some of the posts I see about the V8 - that engine has it's share of problems with vibration.

Any concerns for the V6?
This discussion has been closed.