Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Depends on where you are.
    # months for the West Coast, closer to 2 months for the East.
    ...it's what Costco tells you that counts, not the stealership.

Personally, I would throw you out of the building for that remark.
    If the numbers you provided are correct,than the payment is off.
    Costco is auditing these deals very closely,your dealer may not be aware of that.
    The car must be sold on the A plan program, so no rate or price bumps are allowed.
  • Hmm....according to the Costco Auto site's FAQ on the XC90 page, "All manufacturer rebates and incentives are applicable at time of delivery". My interpretation would be all bets are off and since the xc90 special ends on 12/31, that leaves room for discrepancy on the incentives and rebates if delivery is beyond 12/31. What kind of agreement do you have with the dealership, such as contract, deposits and such?

One of the frustrations is that I get quotes on sticky notes and verbal assurance of what's included. They want me to "pick the car" before they "might" let me see the breakdown.
  • How is the Costco audit done? If the numbers are off then what's gonna happen? I don't get the feeling that Costco needs to "approve" the deal before we make it happen.
    Costco faxes us a quote sheet,which we have to fill out and return to them.
    After the deal is done we have to send them the invoice, buyers order, lease agreement if it is a lease and lease numbers screen.
    All numbers must be at A plan.
    If they don't like what they see,they can forgo giving us the $1000 Costco incentive.
    In order to get an accurate quote,you do have to pick out a car.
  • I'm a newbbie to this list but have been reading many posting. Just signed a 2 year lease on an 08 XC90 2WD V6 with the following packages: Premium, Versatility, Convenience, Climate,Xenon Headlamps, Metallic paint. MSRP 45,182 Invoice 42,142 Cap cost 38,534 Adjusted Residual 28,465 LESS Costco 1,000 and Volvo"s dealer discount 2,500 no down payment, no security deposit 443.68 + 6.1% tax=470.74
    a month. Paid destination charge as a cap reduction. total to dealer when picking up is 2,000 which includes; destination charge, first month payment, license fee, etc.
    You can get any costco deal delivered after the 1st of the year BUT they cannot lock in money factor.. Mine is 0.000360
    sblane
  • First thank you for all the prompt responses.

To be fair, the quotes I got seemed ok for what were installed. Thing is, the wife also wants some accessories (park assist CAMERA, bluetooth and mats). Are they part of the A Plan Costco deal or separate? I have feeling that they are separate (hence might get killed on price) but Costco rep told me I should get a discount.

Also FWIW, we are looking to purchase.
  • That is not true. You just have to order by the end of the year. You can take delivery as late as May 08. However, finance charges will change after the 1st of the year.

sblane
  • Jack, you should be able to get the monthly below 500. Look for my post today and check out the figures.

sblane
    Dealer installed options are priced at the dealers discretion.
    There's not alot of markup in the dealer installed stuff.
  • yortizyortiz Posts: 28
    I was given a price for an XC90 3.2 FWD 7pass w/ premium, versatility, climate and RESystem packages of 36,758. When I met with the dealer and told him that I wanted to lease rather than purchase, he told me that he would have to add an additional $500 to the price because the manufacturer to dealer cash was only $2000 on a lease vs. $2500 on a purchase. I've read some posts where it seems like others got the full $2500 off on a lease. The dealer showed me a sheet that shows the different numbers but I am still skeptical since it seems like others got it. Can anyone clarify this?
    Lease incentive IS $2000 for the 24 month VFNA lease.
  • fantomfantom Posts: 211
    ...it's what Costco tells you that counts, not the stealership.

Personally, I would throw you out of the building for that remark.

Lighten up Max. We know you're a Volvo sales person.
  • vortiz where do you live? I'm in Tucson and just leased a very similiar xc90 and got
    2,500 off from Volvo plus the 1,000 off from Costco. I saw the dealer's papers from Volvo and they clearly had 2,500 for a number of different models.

sblane
  • yortizyortiz Posts: 28
    I am in Central California.
  • Here is the latest quote (NJ):
    2008 xc90 w/ 7 seat option
    2 year lease
    All the upgrades climate/ versatility/premium/ etc.(w/ park assist camera, bluetooth, ipod, navigation)
    w/ 18" tires
    W/ rear seat entertainment system
    3k down
    548 a month
    the quote inlcudes 2k from costco plus all the dealer cash.....
    49k invoice
    42k after savings
    31k residual after lease
    I think it is a good deal.....
  • I am located in NJ. I have current lease with VFNA

The new proposed deal is as follows:
    2008 XC90-AWD, Premium Package, Climate Package, Navigation System, Sirius
    Satellite
    MSRP-$44,680
    Gross Cap Cost-$41,385
    Less: $1,000 Lease Loyalty rebate
    Net Cap Cost-40,385
    Residual-$29,042.
    Money Factor-.00078(1.872%)
    24 Month Lease-$525/month

Due on Delivery
    1st Payment-$525
    Sales Tax upfront-$1,000
    Regist Fee-350
    Bank Fee-650
    Total due at signing-$2,525.

Questions
    1. Is this a good deal?
    2. What rebates are available in December? I heard Volvo is giving dealers $3,000 plus additional $400 for leases in December.
    3. Bank Fee-Are these negotiable? This sounds like another profit maker for dealer

Thanks
    Lighten up Max. We know you're a Volvo sales person.

I am not the one flinging insults.
    You must have taken the RSE lease.

If you don't take the RSE system,the money is $2000
  • Hi. I am in CT and am about to purchase an XC90 and was hoping to get your thoughts on the offer:
    2008 xc90 3.2 AWD
    Premium/Versality/Convenience/Climate (no Bi-Xenox Headlights)
    Rear-Seat Entertainment
    24 Months/10,500 miles
    MSRP $47,820; Cap Cost $40,660
    Monthly $525 (includes $40 for CT property tax)
    Upfront - $1,657 includes Bank Fee $695 (vs, standard bank fee is $595), DMV $163, Doc Fee $199, Tax $75, 1st Month $525, No Security
    1st & 2nd 7,500 mile services are at no charge

Would appreciate your thoughts on where I can negotiate further. Thank you
    "I am not the one flinging insults."

Nor am I, Max.

One of the reasons your sales perspective is so valued here is that you, IMHO, unlike a majority of car salesmen, know your product, understand financing options, help people who you won't earn a penny from, don't seem to be lazy, can write clearly, and shoot straight.

You are the exception, not the rule, and that's why the term stealership is not an insult to you or anyone in particular, but a general caution to all buyers. There are several Edmunds threads on just this subject. There aren't many barriers for initial entry to the automobile sales profession, and many of us have had to suffer with much less talented or motivated sales people than you. Just look at someone else's title to this message!

Two suggestions for your consideration, however. 1) You should identify yourself as a Volvo employee (your handle just kinda suggests it), and 2) You need to develop a thicker sales skin, rather than be offended, and threaten me because of the term I used.

It's very immature, and probably not possible ;-) for you to try to... "Personally, I throw me out of the building for that remark."

Now that we've both had our say, let's get back to Volvo talking and Costco dealing. If you insist on discussing it further, let's do it off line. I'll be in Tucson, at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base with the 355 TFW, in early February.
    fantom,
    there are PLENTY of honest dealerships out there,and good salespeople.
    Perpetuating a sterotype is simply wrong.
    Are there bad dealers and bad salespeople?
    Certainly.
    But, to simply imply that ALL dealers are stealerships is wrong, and it is offensive.

I'm certain that you didn't mean to be insulting, but lets just remember that dealers have feelings to.
    Have fun at the Boneyard!
  • I received an offer from a San Diego Delaership for an XC90 with Versatility Package, Premium Package and wood steering wheel. The offer was $35,300 with the COSTCO rebates. I am assuming this is a good deal but is there any news out there on current prices paid?

6-cyl
    FWD
    >>

About as good as it gets, and it ends December 31th.

COSTCO audits the deal you're getting from the stealership, opps, I mean dealershhip, so no worries.

Move fast and good luck!
  • Hi everybody,

I am trying to surprise my husband with a new XC 90 as a Christmas present. I have read through several of these posts, but the leasing variables can be a bit daunting. I have the following offer from the Volvo dealer for a three year 12,000 miles annual allowance

2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2L with premium package, versatility package, climate package, and electronic control.

MSRP $45,420
    Selling Price $35,869
    Money Factor 0.00205
    Residual 46%

Total at inception (includes taxes, fees, and 1st month) $3007

Monthly payments of $522.38

The selling price looks low, but they are likely making it up on the higher money factor and lower residual. I don't have a lot of time, would like to pick it up tomorrow as my husband will be traveling. Any help is greatly appreciated, would like to ask for his help, but i want this to be a surprise.

Thank you everybody!!!
  • Do I have to be Costco member to do the Costco deal? How about showing Costco deal to the dealer and ask whether they could beat that?
    You MUST be a Costco member in order to get the Costco deal.
    Part of the incentive money for that deal comes directly from Costco.
    So, no dealer is going to beat, or even match that deal for a non Costco member.
    Not unless they want to lose money to sell a car.
  • How about just Invoice minus incentives from Volvo (~3000), without asking for the $1000 from Costco?