Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    volvomax, are you saying Volvo employee pricing is invoice?

Yes. It is A-Plan and that is invoice.
  • Today we purchased a willow green Used/certified 2007 XC90 3.2 FWD that came with:

Premium package
    Versatility package
    Convenience pacakge
    & Navigation.

25k miles on the clock and 4 yrs or 75k miles left on the warranty.

price 23.9k + TTL.

From Volvo in Santa Monica. Did we do ok?
  • Through a car buying service available to me, I've obtained a price of $32,994 for a 2008 XC90 3.2 FWD with most of the available bells and whistles except no DVD entertainment system or navigation system. It was a demo or courtesy vehicle for the dealer and has 6,000 miles on it. On Edmunds.com, I found the private price of $32,628 and dealer retail price of $35,195. This seems like a great deal but the consumer reviews of this vehicle are quite mixed so I'm not confident that I'm making the right choice. I do like this car and loved the Volvo I had before although it was a bit of a dog and maintenance and repairs were very expensive.

I'd appreciate insight into whether A) I've negotiated a good price? and B) is an XC90 a sensible and practical purchase that I won't regret?

Thanks for your feedback.
  • From the conversations i had here in South Cali the low 30s figure was about the price to pay for the spec you mentioned with 0 miles on the clock. A) i would say no. B)depends on your needs.
  • Got a quota of $31.3K + tax and tags for a new 2008 XC90 AWD with Premium pkg, Climate pkg, Versatility pkg after Volvo loyalty, Costco and gift card. Is this good enough? Thanks.
  • I think this is a good deal. Is it for a 2008 AWD special edition? Today there is an e-mail said they have another $750 off or they will offer a free 3-yrs services.

Another question is where do you get this deal?

Thanks,
  • Thanks! This is NOT the special edition. Where did you get this email? Is this $750 the gift card or a new discount on top of the $750 holiday GC. BTW, this is in PA/NJ area.
  • I am not sure what is this $750. The e-mail says "Take an additional $750 off our already low, Internet E-Price!" (I assume that is after loyalty and costco discount). See the link below, there is a new item of $750 just posted. I am very serious to buy one soon. I am in MD/VA. I was told that they only have special edition, which is about $2000 more than your price.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=100995853&popuppage=o- n
  • Thanks. Yes, that $750 is the holiday GC. You can apply this to the car price.
  • BTW, the MSRP is $45200 and the invoice is $41872. What is the MSRP for the one you are offered?
  • $46,595
  • no trade in.
  • sjq08sjq08 Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if this is a demo/loaner car or a brand new one. With invoice price of $41872, and $4000 (manufacturer to dealer), $2000 (loyality), $1000 (Costco), $750 (holiday), the price becomes $34122. It seems like you're getting another $3000 off which is a fantastic deal.

But I read from previous post that the Costco discount has to be applied to invoice. Is the dealer aware of it?
  • It's a brand new one. Already talked to Costco auto program about this. Not necessarily you have to pay the invoice price to get qualified for the Costco $1000. It is up to you and the dealer to negotiate the final price.
  • Brand New, 5 miles on meters.
    '
    Good Luck.
  • Thanks, volvomax. Also, I was just wondering when purchasing an xc90, can you use someone elses Costco membership to get the discount on the car (my brothers) or does the membership have to be strictly under your name? This is because I became a member after the Oct. 31 cutoff date and hoped to still get the discount. This is probably wishful thinking but I just wanted to make sure if I can or cant.
    Thanks again.
  • Hello All,

Just wondering if this is a good deal or not?

seven seater with climate and premium MSRP is 43,350 discount from invoice 2,800 incentives of 5,750 selling price of 34,800 out the door for 37,797
    It's a brand new one. Already talked to Costco auto program about this. Not necessarily you have to pay the invoice price to get qualified for the Costco $1000. It is up to you and the dealer to negotiate the final price.

Not true. Costco reviews each deal. You pay invoice minus the incentives.
    No, you can't. The person who has the membership has to be on the title of the car.
    We have to send copies of the buyers order and the delivery report to Costco.
  • 08 XC90 V8
    Ember Black Metallic
    W/ Climate Package, BLIS
    MSRP $51095
    Invoice $47,442
    Purchase Price $35500 + tax and title
  • Almost 12,000 below invoice? unbelivable, which dealer are you buying from?
  • In Philly area. It's the last brand new V8 they have.
  • Just curious, which particular dealership did you buy from? Because I saw this same exact vehicle at Red bank Volvo in NJ (about 90 min from Philly) 2 wks ago, but did not pull the trigger. It also was their last V8 from the 08 model yr. Maybe this is just a coincidence. At the time, they were selling for $37700.
  • It's a philly local dealer, different one.
    Price seems rather unbelieveable for a purchase.
  • We must be completely crazy for considering updating our 03 XC90 (Turd) for a 09. We were looking at the Buick Enclave but since Buick might be just a memory next year, the Volvo is probably a better choice. Hopefully Volvo has resolved the many mechanical issues that plagued us with the 03. Volvo currently has many incentives and I just received another one for complimentary scheduled maintenance. We are thinking about leasing for the first time, instead of purchasing, once again due to the uncertainty of the auto industry. Lease vs purchase?
    Any advice out there?
  • I forgot to ask if the gas milage has a significant differnce between the 6 cyl and the 8 cyl?
  • Only 1 mile difference per gallon between 6 cyl and V8 for the 2008 models.
  • Hey Guys!
    I'm looking for a car to replace my 2000 Honda Odyssey and came across this Volvo:
    2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD
    78,780 miles
    Black on taupe leather
    Moonroof
    CD Changer
    Heated seats
    $13,977 + TT&L
    Is there any chance I could convince the dealer to go lower or is this as good as it gets? Also, the dealer's site claims its CPO but Volvo's site doesn't have it. Any insight would be appreciated!
  • Wife and I bought a 2008 XC90 Special Edition today (Chicago suburbs) for $34,500. This price includes the loyalty bonus (2000), 750 bonus, Costco bonus (1000)... I thought I got a pretty good deal....