Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Well, if the ipod connector and Sirius and the new headlights are important than wait.
    Otherwise, I would go for an 06 and save some $$.
  • louveelouvee Posts: 23
    Thanks!

I know cross posting is frowned upon, and this may not be the correct forum for this next post, but I thought I'd try to continue this thread.

We had the iPod and BlueTooth adapters installed over the weekend. The iPod works well. The BlueTooth also worked will initially. I have an issue with it now.

My Wife and I both have Verizon Motorola E815 phones. She was already using a BlueTooth headset with her phone, while I had not used BlueTooth with mine.

I paired my phone as phone#1 and hers as phone#2. When I paired mine, I did not power up the bluetooth for my phone until I started the process, so I had to choose the 'temporarily power up bluetooth' option. Everything seemed to work fine the first day.

I did not try to use mine for the rest of the day and the next day. Since then, I've noticed that when we start the car, the bluetooth states that 'phone two is connected and ready'. I didn't pay it much mind until I tried to use phone 1. My phone was powered up for bluetooth. I tried to get it to work, but I could not get it to connect.

I tried to start from scratch. However, I think I may have deleted the device from my phone before saying 'remove phone 1' from the bluetooth.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I cannot pair my phone again. I say 'pair phone', and the process starts. My phone finds the 'Volvo for life' device, but I am no longer prompted for the password, and it fails. The bluetooth says 'pairing failed. consult the owners guide'. Of course, there is nothing in the owners guide about this. I also can't find any help with Verizon or Motorola. It sounds to me like I either need to somehow reset the bluetooth (I tried to hold down the two buttons for two seconds as stated in the book) or reset my phone somehow.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I'd try removing both phones from the system and re-installing.
    This time, make sure your phone is in bluetooth mode.
  • xc90n00bxc90n00b Posts: 3
    hi -
    i been lurking this forum for the past few weeks on prices. the ballpark figures i read is $8000.00 below msrp. so to return a favorite for all the great info... my wife and i purchased our new xc90 today @ 41992.00 + tax (in the bay area, calif).
    it is a willow green 2.5 awd with all available packages plus wood steering, 18" alloy wheel, xenon headlights and navigation. the only thing that does not come with are the rear entertainment unit. this is approximately 8500.00 below msrp at 50,492. our first color choice was the ruby red but i guess its very difficult to come by...

hope this info is helpful to you guys. we are picking up the car on wednesday. please let me know what you think of this deal, rather its good or bad. :D
  • steve777steve777 Posts: 41
    I didnt know the 2.5T went that high. Are you sure it wsnt the 8 cylinder?
    with all the accessories added. i was a little skeptical myself at first but then we did it at the volvo website.

looking back, i should have hold out since there are more stuff than we really need. E.g. Wood Steering wheel and 18" rims
  • yankees338yankees338 Posts: 28
    I went to test drive this with my mom and she test drove one with the wood steering wheel and with the leather steering wheel. She said she felt a significant difference between the two and preferred the wood by a long shot. She felt more under control with it, not to mention the added cosmetic appeal. I think you'll appreciate it down the road, probably worth the money up front.
  • raymondyraymondy Posts: 3
    Can anyone share which dealers in the Bay Area would offer 8K+ off MSRP for XC90? I have been shopping around and best quote I got so far is 6.5K off MSRP. Thanks
    Right now, that is as good as it gets.

The $8k last month included lease cash that isn't available this month.
  • steve777steve777 Posts: 41
    Best I've gotten on the 2.5is 3k below invoice (forget msrp. Think I'll go with the Acura MDX, a lot better deal for the money.
    hey.. raymondy, my previous post was removed because its against the forum policy to provide names and dealership.

without saying the actual name, i guess i can say i got it in the vicinity of palo alto. they are very quick with yay or nay.

my wife and i also bought the extended warranty and service package. something to think about before walking in. the service package covers all services up to 60k for approx. 2300 and another 2000 for the extended warranty. you can nego. the price slightly based on your deductible.

best of luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 72,880
    Really... all of the relevant information is printed in red.... on every page..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• louveelouvee Posts: 23
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

I did all that and it still did not work.

Then, I powered off my phone and powered it back on. Now, I am able to pair it again. Jeez, you'd think I'd have thought of that before.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.
  • island2island2 Posts: 2
    Excitement is high so I decided to share. On 7/3 I paid $3K below invoice and $6,500 below MSRP. I used Prestige Volvo in NJ and did all of the negotiating over the internet. The car should be ready for pickup no later than a week from now. Thanks to all who post here for providing me with lots of usable information.
  • oman9oman9 Posts: 97
    Congrats, sounds like a great setup you'll be getting. I'm assuming this is an '06 but I'm just asking to check...heard 07s would be coming out in July so I guess that's possible. I'm also guessing 06 b/c why would they discount like that on an 07 (although car sales have been slumping the last few months per a business report I just heard on TV) and I guess discounting will be around for a bit longer.

Let us know and also let us know how you like it once you drive it!
  • 09dobbs09dobbs Posts: 5
    Congrat on the new vehicle. Sounds like you got a great deal. I too live in NJ and went to another dealership which I was very disappointed in. Can you give me the particulars on your lease deal. I was planning on heading to Prestige this weekend. Thanks SO much!
  • 09dobbs09dobbs Posts: 5
    Hi there,
    I have to Ford x-plan avail to me through work..Do you think using the x-plan is better than negotiating a deal..which way do you save more????
  • I had the X-plan when I purchased my XC90 4/15/06. I got a much better deal thru negotiations ($14,100 off MSRP) than what the X-plan offered (a few bucks over invoice). See my post around April 17th. I was still able to apply the X-plan for removing the documentation fees as it was advantageous for the dealership also. They would receive more money from Volvo/Ford than the doc fees they eliminated. I suggest you show the dealer your X-plan number when you arrive and then start negotiations once you have settled on the car you want to buy. Don't forget to mention how informed you are by having used Edmunds.com.
  • Wow,
    The dealer must be really desperate to give-up $8,000 to 10,0000. I really doubt that there are Volvo to dealer incentives enough to cover that.

VolvoMax - any thoughts?