Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have sandstone as well on a 2007 XC90, and it's definitely a light beige...not brown. And the interior is slightly two-toned between light and medium shades. I personally think it looks very elegant. The graphite is a very dark charcoal color, almost black with no two-tone.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042
    A nationwide publication is looking to interview car buyers who were hit with, and noticed, high documentary or paper processing fees from dealerships in the past two years. If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 20, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi,

I have a quote of $47,520 for 2006 XC90 ocean blue edition. It has the rear seat entertainment, climate package, and convenience Package. The msrp is $54,520. How good is this deal?
  • The $2K cash rebate. Is it applicable until 10/2/2006?
  • i just bought a 2006 xc90 awd with premium, versatility, convenience, and climate for $38,180. the sticker was $46 and change. i bought it from lovering volvo in concord nh. they are great.
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    most of the hot lease deals on 06 are gone now.

what about buying? could i get a smokin deal to buy one? what is the cheapest one could get an 06 V8 for now?
  • Just paid $36,630 for a 2007 XC90 3.2 w/ premium and versatility package. Was this a good deal? What do you all think?
  • Did the $36K include taxes and tags that is OTD? If not then the MSRP was $42K and change and you got $5,300 off plus taxes and tags.
  • The price did not include tax/tag. However, it did include delivery to my doorstep. I bought from a dealer out of state, and they're tossing it on a truck and bringing it to my house. I felt like it was a pretty decent price, especially with delivery included.
  • fluid15fluid15 Posts: 60
    My deal: 2007 XC90 3.2
    - Metallic paint
    - AWD
    - Premium
    - Versatility
    - Convenience
    - Climate
    - BiXenon headlights
    MSRP: $46,907
    MY PRICE: $43,561

Added on after deal:
    - Wood dash
    - Front window tint
    - Supplemental Advertising (WTF?)
    FINAL COST: $44,236
  • luoluo Posts: 7
    That is very good deal. Can you let me know the dealer? I am going to buy one like you.
  • luoluo Posts: 7
    Wow, $34,995. That is great deal. PLease let me know your dealer. I will buy one from him.
  • It sounds like you might have some more room. I have seen typically $8K under MSRP. They really want to move the 06. Also, if you get on their email list, a lot of them will send you a $500 coupon the last week of the month.

Good luck
  • I have been looking for an 07 V8 XC90 with:

-NAV,
    -Climate
    -Convince
    -Touring
    -Premium
    -Rear Ent.
    -Bi-Xenon

It does not exist at any dealer. I figured I could scrap the NAV, Premium, and Rear Ent. and go aftermarket, but I can't find those either. You have to order anything except touring, climate. Anyone else having those issues?
  • vsevse Posts: 1
    Need some help on a 2007 xc90 lease in Detroit area. Here's the numbers

awd
    met. paint
    premium
    climate
    third row
    msrp $45-ish
    15k/24 month
    cap cost $41,845
    $1650 down/ $557/month (with taxes)

Is there a better deal out there?
  • Bryan G, MD,

Think about this for a minute. Car dealers are the very epitome of capitalists. They have their own money on the line 24/7 trying to figure out what will sell. Clearly, if you can't find an XC90 configured as you described, it isn't a cabal ("having issues") against you but rather the dealer's recognition that with all these options the car is at a rareified price point. So high, that the car ain't going to sell. This should tell you something.

At this price point, you should buy a Cayenne S for fun or an Audi Q7 (a stretched Cayenne) to haul a hockey team. You'll get a car worthy of the price point and because of the higher price point a better dealer experience and resale.
  • Volvomax, you're a savvy guy. In my experience there is a wide range of quality with Volvo dealers. Wider than other imported marques. The sales and service departments vary tremendously. Some are good. Some bad. Even worse, some are bad just on a random basis. Even the physical plants vary with no consisent Volvo look. Is Volvo aware of this? Are they working on it? To me this unevenness is an impediment to moving the brand upscale. Why buy an XC90 with an MSRP of 57K when.....
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    The problem really is that Volvo built very few V8's for 2007.
    They assumed that higher gas prices would dampen demand.
    Well, it really hasn't.
    Since Volvo got a late start on the 07's not many loaded cars are available.
    There are some out there, maybe your dealer could trade for one.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Volvo dealers are independent entities, therefore Volvo Cars cannot force them to do anything.
    However, Volvo does encourage and entice dealers to perform up to standards.
    For alot of dealers it is a catch-22.
    They can't expand their facilities or offer top quality amenities without spending money, and they can't spend money without selling more cars AND making more profit per copy.
    If you compare the revenue streams of a Lexus, Mercedes and Volvo store its like comparing the Yankees, Red Sox and KC Royals.
    Even though most Volvo stores are at a competitive disadvantage they do provide good service to their customers. Its just that the bad ones get the press. Esp here on the web. Volvo dealers have done well on the JD Power dealer survey over the years.
    Now, the $57k XC90 is the best SUV out there at that price point.
    You can't get an X5 or Q7 or ML500 as nice for the same money.
    Forget about the Cayenne or Range Rover.
  • Volvomax, sorry. I guess I was comparing a Volvo store with the germans who have more cars to sell over a wider price range.

I think we disagree on the value of 57K XC90s. I think that the market does also.