Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• :confuse: I am in DFW Texas area and I have been talking to one of the dealerships up here. They are going to give me 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 with Premium and Versatitly Package for under 39,825.00 but I have to call them to get the exact amount. Which is basically the versatility package for free. What do you think is the lowest price I can get out of them... Help... :confuse: Thanks
  • Hi all,

I am looking into buying an XC90 but none of the dealers has the 5-seat version in stock. I've only test-driven the 7-seater so far and found legroom in the second row (not the third) tight. I am never going to need to third row anyway and in the Volvo brochure the 2nd row legroom is listed as 36.4 for the 5-seat and 34.6 for the 7-seater. I know the second row slides for and aft in the 7-seater but you still seem to lose 2 inches of legroom. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I am truly confused and the dealer just want to talk you into buying whatever they have on the lot. I don't see myself paying $2k extra AND losing 2 inches of legroom in the second row.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    the second row is fixed in the 5 seaters, the second row seats can be moved back and forth in the 7 seaters.
    W/ the 2 row seats all the way back on the 7 seater the legroom is about the same as on the 5 seater.
    Most people don't have an issue w/ the legroom in either vehicle, unless you have the front seat alllll the way back.
  • geethgeeth Posts: 3
    hi,
    this is my first SUV purchase. I got 31.2K for T6 base model, 5seater, and 35.5K for LX350. Can you let me know which one will have a better resale value, and overall value, interms of performance and long maintenance. i have been having difficulty to decide between these two.

thx for your help.
  • that price is high. that is more than I paid 12 months ago for my new 07 8 cyl with most options. sales tax should ONLY be on the payment each month as that is the "use" portion that was sold to you but yes you do have to pay the sales tax - but NOT upfront.

I sold my 05 to my son which was a T6 with almost every option also for less than that. My 04 I sold for around 38,000 and it had every option they had.

All 3 were good cars and oviously, I would do it again.
  • I just bought (Dec 22, 2006) a 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 with:
    - black exterior
    - Premium Package
    - Versatility Package

For $36,500 in West Palm Beach Florida

Just wanted people to know
  • Hi:

Congrats on your purchase.
    I am in Boca Raton. I am looking for an XC 90.
    I see your price was $36,500.
    With your equipment (2 packages) was the MSRP (window sticker) on your car $42,075?
    Just trying to get a feel for what't out there.
    If your MSRP was $42,075 you got $ 5575 off MSRP.
    That sounds good. Did you get the car in WPB?

Thanks.Merry Christmas

chip
  • Yes to all of your questions...

Good luck
  • Great deal. Can you tell me the details of your lease? I am trying to bargain in Tampa!
  • Great deal. Can you share the details to your lease? I am working a deal in Tampa.
  • sebissebis Posts: 3
    Hello, a dealer that should remain nameless was asking sticker price (MSRP) for a XC V8 Sport in Houston. This turned me off from XC90 since the Sport has much beeter steering and the ride I was looking for. However, If I was going to pay MSRP I could get a 2007 X5 for almost the same price...

Anyone else has any experience with the Sport edition?

TIA,

Sebis
    Well, an X5 4.8 w/ equipment similar to a $58,000 Sport is $68,000!
    Hardly the same.
    You can get the LESSER 3.0, for the same money as a Sport, but it isn't the same car.
    FWIW, we just sold our first Sport to a BMW 3 series owner.
  • sebissebis Posts: 3
    The "lesser" 3.0 has a new engine for 2007 and even thou is not a V8, it holds very well compared to the XC90 in terms of performance, 0-60 is not all that matters nor the benchmark for comparing two cars/trucks. In top of that the BMW has better resale value, included maintenance for 4 years/50K miles plus free cappuccino and pastries at the service center :).

In addition, the 4.8 V8 from BMW is in a different league then the XC90 Sport.

Back on the subject, for my needs, the XC90 fits better and I like the Sport version. But not when having to pay MSRP above 50 grand. I can get a regular 2006 V8 demo or loaner for up to 10K less then MSRP.
  • Hi there again:

I contacted the dealer in WPB today!

Spoke to a guy named PETER.

Told him I was looking for an XC90 with Premium, 3rd row seating, in a non-metallic color.

Basically...same car you bought.

Told him a friend bought one there earlier this month and got a super deal @ between 36 and 37k.

His initial reception was "that is kinda light...pricewise"

Did you buy a loaner with miles on it... or was there a trade involved?????

I'm just trying to figure out how your deal was SO GOOD !!!! Maybe I need to take a lesson or two from you.

Please e-mail me with whatever details you care to share, includ. your salespersons name.

My e-mail is: chipcollector@hotmail.com

Have a very happy New Year...and thanks !!

ALAN
  • well, sold myself on the 4.4, actually we are looking at a lease. The car in question is at MSRP-$50,935 its listed in the paper as 7000 off MSP.
    -V8 4.4
    -Magic blue with sandstone interior
    -metallic paint
    -climate
    -touring
    -convenience packages

so without running the numbers, we meet nextweek..
    I was quoted 3500 down, 10,500mpy and a monthly payment of 560

its not exactly what we want (wrong color and I'd prefer one with very little options w/ entertainment). Seems like a great deal on the V8, we are in no hurry so should we what for a better deal?

Thanks for the help
    Bottom line is, the 3.0 is not a competitor for the V8.
    If the Sport is out of your price range, go w/ the regular V8.
  • I bought a 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD on Nov. 30 in New Jersey:

Premium
    Versatility
    Convenience
    Mettalic Paint

$39,400
  • pglinpglin Posts: 10
    Did you get it with AWD? I've been told that its hard to find one without AWD in the Northeast.
  • guyfguyf Posts: 456
    Read his post, he does say AWD.
  • pglinpglin Posts: 10
    Sorry. Losing my eyesight.

That looks like a very good price. I live in NY and wouldn't mind going to NJ if the price is better.

Can you tell me which dealer you got it from?

Thanks.