Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking at an 07 xc90 in NC with AWD, premium, climate and versatility packages. MSRP is $45,075. Cap cost is $38,575, which sounds like a good deal??? I want to lease 36 mos with 15k miles per year. Money factor seems really high - .004275. Makes payment $725/mo with $1000 down. Any help with current lease rates???

Thanks.
  • Sebis, the dealer is full of it. I just picked up my XC90 Sport (Passion Red) in NJ for almost $8K below sticker. The dealer was more than happy to help. It is an awesome drive. If you can't get it in TX buy it from here and get it shipped for $800.

I've driven the BMW X5 4.4 (2004) as well as the 4.8, and although it is not like the 4.8 it is definately worth the price... Besides you don't get the electrical problems of BMW's and the overpriced stickers.
  • gmayergmayer Posts: 1
    New Volvo owner. Just purchased (12/28/06):

07 XC90 3.2 FWD
    Metallic Paint
    Climate
    Premium
    Wood Steering Wheel

MSRP: $41,300
    Price: $36,400

So far, love the vehicle, esp. ride. :)
  • Just bought a 2006 Ocean Race V8
    06 Holdover with 251 miles

Climate
    Convenience
    Rear Seat DVD
    Bluetooth
    Tow Package

MSRP - 56,200
    Paid - $46,000 :)
  • Hi there,

I was wondering if you or anyone else has recently bought a 2007 XC90 in the Boston area. If so, which dealership did you use (any reason). Also, can you share the details? I'm considering buying a 2007 v8 XC90 for my wife. Anyone with recent experiences in the Boston or larger New England area - I'd be most interested in your experience.

Thanks!
  • Hello-

I noticed that you purchased your XC90 at what looks to be below invoice. Are there incentives available these days that make this possible? Also, what part of the country was this in? I'm considering an XC90 for my wife (Boston area) and we've decided upon the 3.2 since there seems to be more available. I'm wondering what I should consider a good price for this vehicle. Are there incentives? How did you get below invoice?

Thanks!
  • pglinpglin Posts: 10
    I have received quotes from dealers in NY and NJ that are around $5K off of MSRP (which is definitely below invoice). It depends on your package, but I think that number should still be the deal you should be finding out there.
  • pglinpglin Posts: 10
    Actually one dealer quoted over $6K off MSRP for 3.2 with AWD, Premium, Versatility, Climate, Metallic paint. Hope that helps.
  • That does help thanks. Best quote I had up here in the Boston area was $5.5k below MSRP (or $~1.8k below invoice) for a 3.2 with AWD, Premium, Versatility and Climate (no metallic paint.)

In the end we ended up with an M class instead for other reasons - however, I figured I'd share the number in case it helps someone else.
  • I am in the market for a 2007 XC90 AWD fully loaded. Carsdirect.com has the MSRP @ $51,205, Invoice @ $47,456, and Target Price @ $44,456 (must be mucho incentives out there). I have spoke to 1 local dealer so far who has quoted me 1% over invoice ($44,456 x 1.01%) or around $444 over invoice. What kind of pricing is everyone seeing out there? The CarsDirect price is almost $7,000 below MSRP. Any better deals to be had out there? Email me @ g6520@aol.com if you like. I am in Tampa, FL area. Glenn
  • jco11jco11 Posts: 4
    CarMan, I need your advice:
    I was recently quoted the following lease:

2007 XC90 3.2L FWD w/
    Convenience Package
    Versatility Package
    Premium Package
    18" Camulus Wheels
    Rear Seat Entertainment
    Wood Steering Wheel

MSRP $46,440
    Capitalized Cost: $41,020
    48 mos lease
    $0 Capitalized Cost Reduction
    $615/mo + tax

Does this sound like a good deal???
  • I'm in MD. The quote given by local dealer includes "processing fee" $99, anybody know what's that? TIA
  • I just leased a 2007 XC90 FWD with the following options:

Premium package
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    18" Wheels
    MSRP: 43975
    Cap Cost: 34250 (Might be wrong...I'll confirm)
    Residual: 17800
    Money factor: .0022
    Total initial out of pocket: 1700
    48 month/12k miles per year cost: $505 per month

Fair deal?

Also, I had a question about the headlights.
    What is the difference between the o and the headlight symbol? They both seem to do the same thing.

BTW, I love the XC90. Previous vehicle was an MDX and I think this blows it away.
  • Did you have a trade in, and did you get this deal at a volvo dealership? I'm looking at leasing one with similar options.
    Thank you!
  • one of them is daytime running lights but automatically turns to headlights at night, and one of them is headlights always on... problem is, if you are on the daytime running lamps with auto lights on at night, your brights won't work... sad to say but my POS chevy s10 from 98 has a more well designed light sensor system. Also, what if you want to turn your headlights off at night? Any ideas? for police chases and what not...
  • Thanks for the answer zkaudio.

Yes, I traded in a 2001 Acura MDX. I was even (had no equity in it), so the only savings included in the numbers above was less taxes.

BTW, I checked my contract, Cap Cost was 34,930. A little off from what I posted earlier. Also, money factor might be .00022, whichever makes more sense.
  • We just purchased a 2005 XC90 T6 with all options - factory navigation, rear seat headrest DVD - literally every option that was available when it was new. Bought it from of all places a Lamborghini dealer in Marysville, Ohio. Here's the amazing thing: 6,400 miles!! We paid $34K even. I felt this was a steal, given the car wasn't even due for its first scheduled service at 7,500 miles and MSRP new was close to $52K, but I wonder now whether the T6 engine/transmission and 05 model year made this less of a steal than I thought. In any event, we love the car.
  • Don't even think about it.
    Buy VIP policy from the closest Volvo dealer and forget about all your troubles for many-many miles to come.
    It still will be a steal.

Enjoy the ride.

I have 04 and have no problems. The late production T6 is just as reliable as any other trims, a bit outdated, maybe, but reliable.
  • I can't seem to find a dynaudio system in a car in Northeast.

Black, titanium or blue color
    V8 (obviously)

maybe a sport if the price is right
    and need climate

anyone have ideas?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Not a very common option.
    It used to be part of the Touring Pkg, now it is a stand alone option.
    Also, the Surround no longer works with the FM radio.