Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    I leased a Modern lux LS430 in Florida back in December. Message #162 has all of my lease details. If you have excellent credit, are willing to buy NOW, and can take a car from dealer inventory, you can get a GREAT deal on an LS in South Florida.

Depending on dealership/credit/ etc. you're looking at between $700-$800 INCL tax per month for 36 months 36K total miles on an 05 LS with modern lux package (around 63K MSRP). Anything lower than that monthly price is being unrealistic, anything over and you are overpaying in the South Florida market.

If you can do a deal for under $750 per month (incl taxes) with less than $1,500 out of pocket to start then TAKE IT!

Overall, expect to pay around 1.5K at startup (first payment, fees, etc.).

Use email to do your negotiating. Let them know you are SERIOUS about leasing a car TODAY. Get your FICO/Beacon score online at www.fico.com and tell them what your credit score is -- this tells them you are a SERIOUS buyer. A hungry dealer/sales person will do ANYTHING to get you into the car. I had my car delivered to my doorstep (dealer is an hour's drive away) did the test drive in my neighborhood and signed the paperwork in my dining room. I was blown away!

Good luck!! This is one FANTASTIC CAR!!!
  • michael88michael88 Posts: 10
    I will be buying a new LS 430 Mod. Lux. in July. May I have your views and suggestions for the lowest target price I should be expecting to pay. I also need the names of dealerships in California [the Bay area is my first preference] you would recommend I contact.

I live in the Seattle area and the lowest price quoted to me is $61k. I have read on the forum that this is not unusual for Seattle and the alternative is to buy in California.
  • Michael:

I live on Whidbey Island and did find a much better price at Longo Lexus in So. California...However you really need to shop around...and Factor in the price to Fly to California to pick it up or the price to have it shipped up...(About $1000 to $1500)...
  • yickwoyickwo Posts: 54
    I purchased a '05 LS430, Modern Lux. Pkg., smart key, preferred accessory (mats, nets and locks etc.) and 18" wheels. MSRP 62,734 - paid $55,422 plus TTL back in Feb. from Lexus of Cerritos in So.Cal. I had a great experience with them. I did shop Longo. While their price was close, it was slightly higher. Plus, I did not like their attitude.

I received an email from another so.cal dealer on 4/18/05 for in stock Modern Lux.

BLACK/BLACK
    GOLD/IVORY
    SILVER/GREY or
    SILVER/BLACK

MSRP: $63,284
    YOUR PRICE: NOW $55,499*!!!!
    (*Does not include tax, license or doc. fee - good thru 4/26/05)

Hope this helps.
  • fun1fun1 Posts: 18
    Hi dpj,

I got my new '05 LS 430 UL with remote engine start for MSRP $72,000(change). I did not negotiate, but showed them other dealer quotes via the net for $66,900. The dealership offered $67,000 (all said and done with XM radio). I bought 17,500 miles upfront on my 3 yr lease. I dont have all the rest of the figures handy. But can post those later.
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    Congrats and enjoy!
  • michael88michael88 Posts: 10
    Thanks yickwo, great information. Also appreciate the heads up on considering sipping the LS to Seattle.

Very helpful Michael88
  • fun1fun1 Posts: 18
    Hi dtesta,

I got remote engine start installed on my '05 LS 430, UL. It works very nicely. Has a range 1/4 mile to remote engine start. They have coded my original key with access. So the door lock portion works as remote engine start. You have to press it three times. The unlock portion of original key is disabled. They gave me three extra remotes for unlocking and remote engine turn off. It is quite impressive. If you need further info. get in touch.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 266
    What is the manufacturer and model of your remote start? I've got an '04 and there are times that this would be useful.
  • howard57howard57 Posts: 2
    I have priced LS430's at two Northern Virginia dealerships, and the best pricing is $59,191 for a custom, and $57,050 for a modern. I know I can do better out of the area, but are these prices customary for the market? Thanks,
  • dtestadtesta Posts: 12
    Hey, that's great. Thanks for following up. I'll try contacting your dealer again (Lexus of Rockville, MD as I recall). I'll talk to the sales department as their service department disavowed any knowledge of remote start. They did install it at the dealership, right?
  • pingpng50pingpng50 Posts: 16
    talk to a manager at lexus of rockville. avoid the salespeople who are not authorized to talk about their minimum over dealer cost they can accept. dont pay more than $1500 over dealer cost there. you may be able to do better. I found the virginia dealerships and lexus of silver spring to be uncompetitive. bottom i think lexus of rockville will beat virginia by more than 1500 dollars. worth the drive eh?
  • howard57howard57 Posts: 2
    definitely worth the drive; thanks.
  • legendmanlegendman Posts: 362
    Any prognostications as to when is the best time to buy this car?

Also, anyone here opted for the Euro tuned suspension, and if so, how do you like it?

Thanks in advance!
  • sv7887sv7887 Posts: 351
    Legendman,
    Most people are able to get 12% off with some haggling these days. The LS is really a mature car now, as it is has been around since September 2000. Lexus normally gives the car a minor facelift mid cycle to keep it competitive until the new one comes out. Most people think we'll see the new one mid '07.
    I had the Euro Suspension on my last LS. It was stiff for my tastes, but if you're a performance orientated driver you will like it. Be warned tire life is pretty bad on those cars, and if you live in snow country you will need a rim and snow tire set.

SV
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042
    Most people here definitely think it'll be 2007, since we've got an active 2007 Lexus LS discussion!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• pingpng50pingpng50 Posts: 16
    I ordered a LS 430 with 17 inch wheels more than a month ago and havent received notice that the car is even being built yet. Anybody know about how long a wait i should expect?
  • dpjdpj Posts: 16
    Hello All,

Picked up my black on black LS430 / Modern Lux / Smart Access on 4/28 from Lexus of Cerritos.

Gross Cap Cost - $56,163 ($55,090 purchase price + $400 prepaid maintenance + $45 doc prep fee + $600 acquisition fee + $28 "other charges")
    Drive Off - $1,800 (included $518 cap cost reduction, $419 title and reg, first payment and some taxes and tire fees)
    36 months / 15,000 miles per year
    Payment: $797

4 days later received an e-mail from another lexus dealer I had been negotiating with via my e-mail blast offering $799 and throwing in the drive off bit it was too late! I did follow the helpful information provided here. Met with several dealers, used the pricing others have been given on this forum even though the 0.00155 lease factor isn't available as in March, did an e-mail blast to all dealers in So. Cal (only heard back from 4 of 22 but the one gave me the price I negotiated from) then went back to my local dealer at the end of the month and got the deal. It turns out I left some money on the table but I feel pretty good about my deal.

Absolutely Loving The LS!!!
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    Congrats. Enjoy your car, you got a good deal.
  • Anyone have a great experience at a local Dallas dealership? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.