Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Mazda3 Lease Questions

167891012»

Comments

• mlechatmlechat Posts: 22
    kyfdx said:

@mlechat It's entirely possible that lease support will end for the 2016 models. It has to, at some point.

All Mazda leases come with a $595 acquisition fee.

Thanks. The other quotes had it included already in the cap cost they quoted, so guess we better keep negotiating on this one …
    Would love to get the updated MF, RV, and lease cash for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring and Grand Touring (automatic) in Southern California for a 36/12 lease whenever they are available. Thanks so much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 113,734
    mlechat said:

Would love to get the updated MF, RV, and lease cash for the 2016 Mazda3 i Touring and Grand Touring (automatic) in Southern California for a 36/12 lease whenever they are available. Thanks so much!

Sedan, right?

Touring: .00022 MF and 49% residual for 39/12. $2550 lease cash
    GT: 48% residual

39 months is the sweet spot, this month.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks so much! How about for the hatch?

Does Mazda extend the warranty of 3 year/36K the full 39 months/39K miles when you lease that long? Not excited about potentially having to pay for tires/brakes/35K service but maybe we could trade it before the lease is up … or maybe we'll end up so in love that we buy it at the end. Seems rare out there, but is there ever a good scenario for doing that?
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Does Mazda extend the warranty of 3 year/36K the full 39 months/39K miles when you lease that long? Not excited about potentially having to pay for tires/brakes/35K service but maybe we could trade it before the lease is up … or maybe we'll end up so in love that we buy it at the end. Seems rare out there, but is there ever a good scenario for doing that?
    No warranty extensions for lessees.

iTouring hatch: .00029 MF and 52% residual for 39/12. $1350 lease cash
    iGT: 49% residual

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks! Why choose a 39-month lease if the last 3 months it won't be under warranty anymore? Not to mention, (at least for the Honda Civic) 35-40K miles means new tires, new brakes, and transmission maintenance will all be needed during those last 3 months … about $1,000 in expenses for a car you're not keeping.

What are the MF and residual for 36/12 on the i Touring sedan and hatch? Is that amount of lease cash only for 39 months, or any length lease?
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks! Why choose a 39-month lease if the last 3 months it won't be under warranty anymore? Not to mention, (at least for the Honda Civic) 35-40K miles means new tires, new brakes, and transmission maintenance will all be needed during those last 3 months … about $1,000 in expenses for a car you're not keeping.

What are the MF and residual for 36/12 on the i Touring sedan and hatch? Is that amount of lease cash only for 39 months, or any length lease?
    People choose the 39 month term, because it's cheaper per month
    I disagree that an extra 3000 miles automatically means $1000 in expenses. I've had cars go 90K miles before needing brakes, and I've never had an automatic transmission repair out of warranty. The standard mileage allowance is 15K/yr, so plenty of people drive out of warranty. If your tires pass inspection at 36K, they'll probably pass at 39K.

iTouring sedan, auto: .00001 MF and 48% residual. $2550 lease cash
    iTouring hatch, auto: ..00001 MF and 52% residual. $1350 lease cash

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

I disagree that an extra 3000 miles automatically means $1000 in expenses. I've had cars go 90K miles before needing brakes, and I've never had an automatic transmission repair out of warranty. The standard mileage allowance is 15K/yr, so plenty of people drive out of warranty. If your tires pass inspection at 36K, they'll probably pass at 39K.

Thanks so much, that's helpful! It's been awhile since we've gotten this far into a lease term without Honda actively recruiting us to trade the Civic back in for the new one well before the 36 months was up. And now, what do you know, the dealer we leased our current Civic from (lease up in May) just called to see whether we still had it after they got word we visited their sister Mazda dealership.
    mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

kyfdx said:

mlechat said:

Sedan, right?

Thanks so much, that's helpful! It's been awhile since we've gotten this far into a lease term without Honda actively recruiting us to trade the Civic back in for the new one well before the 36 months was up. And now, what do you know, the dealer we leased our current Civic from (lease up in May) just called to see whether we still had it after they got word we visited their sister Mazda dealership.
    Someone is always watching. ;)

Edmunds Moderator

167891012»