Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Even though I'm not a Lexus owner, I think you should have carefully inspected the window sticker and made sure all the options you wanted were there.

Always do your research before hand, read the fine print carefully, study the window sticker hard, and get everything in writing. Even an e-mail will work since you can always print it out.
  • ohdaddy926ohdaddy926 Posts: 12
    Okay I have narrowed my next car down to the 98 Lexus ES/300 or the 2003 Nissan Altima I can have either for about the same price Any opinions? Thanks.

James
    What's the mileage on each of them?
  • curt2005curt2005 Posts: 70
    In searching the forums, I saw some comments a year or so ago that Vehicle Stability Control is not available in cars that dealers have in stock and that it is only available with navigation. Is that the case these days? Thanks.
    45,000 on the nissan and 70,000 on the lexus
  • spyderredspyderred Posts: 137
    Go to www.lexus .com and when you go under build your lexus and enter your zipcode, it will show you how Lexus cars are built for your geographical area. They build them with different packages for different areas.

Good luck,

Spyderred.
  • jsceajjsceaj Posts: 4
    I am looking at the ES330 with the Nav System here in Maryland but all the dealers are stating that in order to get the Nav the car comes with a number of other opritons that I could care for one way or the other but the best price I can get is $34,435 plus taxes, tags and $98 processing fee. In addiiton I want the XM radio and the best prcie I can get there is $825. Can anyone provide any help!!!
  • weno2weno2 Posts: 38
    In the Chicagoland area, I'm seeing VSC included in cars w/Preferred Accessory package, 6 disc changer, adjustable pedals, heated front seats, wood knob, rear sunshade, and 17" wheels. Total price is approximately $35.6K. And the VSC's w/the Navigation/DVD. The only way you can get HID lights around here is w/the navigational package.
    Personally, I would go for the Altima since it has less mileage, but I haven't driven either the ES300 or the Altima, so I can't offer opinions.
  • curt2005curt2005 Posts: 70
    The Lexus site claims that VSC is an option, but the local dealers don't seem to have any cars with it.

Anyone here actually purchased an ES330 with VSC or is it a myth?
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 857
    The ones in the Midwest all have VSC along with a number of other options that bring the MSRP to approx. 35,619.
  • asawasaw Posts: 54
    Anybody purchased the ES330 Package D (Special Edition - base model w/o sunroof) or Package D (w/ sunroof and 17" wheels and CD changer) in Canada?

Please indicate how much off MSRP you got. Thanks!
    I have been pricing 1999 Lexus ES300 The asking price at a Lexus dealership is substantially higher while at Carmax I can get the same vehicle for $4,000 to $5,000 less. I've been told that Carmax has a good reputation. Any information/opinions would be helpful. Anyone purchased a 1999 Lexus ES lately with mileage around 65,000? If so, what did you pay and where did you purchase it? One more thing, I've heard it's worth driving to Atlanta Georgia to purchase a vehicle because you can get a better deal. I live in Tennessee. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my email.

Cindy
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    Lexus is a much nicer car, and you will likely get at least 100,000 miles out of the car. The Altima is nice, but nothing compared to the Lexus.
  • I'm about to buy a 2005 ES 330 in Connecticut. (Options include Nav System)
    MSRP/sticker is $38,669.
    Edmunds Invoice is $33,812.
    Sales person said they have an additional $1,000 advertising cost on top of the invoice? Is that true?
    Also, he said he wants to make $1,000 over their cost.

Is Edmunds invoice their bottom line cost? Is he just trying to get me to pay a higher price with this "extra advertising cost"?

It's late in the model year. 2006 will be out soon. What should I pay to get a good deal?
    Thank you for the help!!!
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    Lately, posters have been getting between 87-88% MSRP on their deals, but this is historically low. It is near the end of the model year. I expect they will be coming out with the 2006 within the next couple of months. Perhaps that is why posters have recieved good deals recently. If they went shopping in bad weather that could also have contributed to their good deals.

If I were you, based upon what other posters have recently received, I would start my negotiations with 87% MSRP. I would try not to give the dealer more than 89-90% MSRP BEFORE government charges (license, tax, registration, etc.) are applied.

If your dealer is quoting $33812+2000 = 35812, then your deal amounts to 35812/38669 x 100 = 92.6% MSRP. I'd try to avoid that if possible because it is much higher than other posters historically have received. If the dealer's quoted price is 33812+1000 = 34812, then you are getting 34812/38669 x 100 = 90% MSRP, which is right in line with what other posters have been receiving over the past couple of years.
    i just closed a deal here in Maryland (today 6-13-05) and I go the ES 330 for $35K plus taxes and tags. The car includes the Nav system, heated and cooled seats, HID headlamps, power rear sunshade, VSC, wood & leather steering wheel, the perferred package and the XM radio. Without XM I could have gotten the car for $34, 530 but they wanted almost $900 for the XM (list about $1,150). It took about a week of negoatiating but they agreed to $35K for everthing.
    What is the MSRP on your car, including the destination charge?
  • THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP!

MSRP before destination $38,019
    Plus destination of $650
    Sticker/MSRP bottom line is $38,660.

...salesman states he wants to make $1,000 over their cost. Not my problem.
    I'd like to buy it below their cost.
    my MSRP was $38,603 (including destination charge) plus the XM radio insatll which brought it o around $39,475. Good Luck
    Your deal amounted to 34,530/38603 x 100 = 89.4% MSRP on the basic car not including XM installation. Since not all posters have XM installed, this is probably a better comparison than if you included the XM. If you want to include the XM, calculate the following:

(price paid for car + price paid for radio) / (MSRP of car + MSRP of radio) x 100.

89.4% is a very reasonable deal relative to what other posters historically have received and I would be satisfied with it.
    Note: To get your %MSRP, calculate price quoted by dealer excluding license, tax, registration and other govt charges, divide it by MSRP, multiply by 100.
    For example if a dealer offers you 32000 on a vehicle whose MSRP is 35000, your %MSRP = 32000/35000 x 100 = 91.4%

=====================================================
    Since I have been tracking posters' deals on new ES3x0s since the summer of 2003, here is what I have come up with:

1. 87% MSRP- 89% MSRP - Very few posters have received deals within this range. These prices tend to be obtained in the winter months, like December, or near the end of model year, in June, July.

2. 89% MSRP - 91% MSRP - By far the largest number of posters have received deals within this range. I would try very hard not to pay more than 91% MSRP, including destination, not including license/tax/registration. I would be extremely satisfied with 89% MSRP, and not as satisfied with 91% but all in all, your aren't getting ripped off if you buy in this range.

3. 91%MSRP - 93% MSRP - A few posters paid prices in this range. If I could not locate a dealer to beat this price, I might try Sam's Club, Costco, Internet, etc. as a sanity check. Consider driving a distance if you can't beat this price.

4. >93% MSRP - No poster has paid more than 93% MSRP during the time I have been tracking this, which has been for about the last two years. I can imagine that when the model body is brand new, as it was in 2002, or it will be in 2007, or during other times of extreme vehicle shortages you might expect your price to be at or above 93% MSRP.
    ========
  • dwarnacuttdwarnacutt Posts: 15
    I purchased the gold package for my 2005 black/black 330ES in December 2004. The gold package includes the ES330 decal, Lexus logo on front and back and the Lexus logo in center of each wheel (chrome wheels only).

When I went to pick up my car, the wheel logos were on my 17' chrome wheels were not gold. I asked my salesperson about this and he told me that wheel logos were not part of the gold package. However, I had called Lexus customer service earlier and got a list of the gold package items (the rep told me that the gold package was discontinued a few years ago and now each dealer has their own version of what comes with the package, some include the wheel logo and some dealers do not). A supervisor at another Lexus dealer's parts department told me that the gold wheel logos are included whenever you buy the chrome wheels.

After about ten minutes of discussion with my salesperson, he had the parts department put on the gold wheel logos. Sure does make a difference in the appearance of the car.

The MSRP I was quoted by the dealer for the gold package was $695 but I paid $295. I do not know where you got the $190 price listed in your post. I wish I would have known about your $190 price when I made my deal in December.

Overall, I am very happy with the car. Although, I have experienced the same kind of hesitation problems that many others have posted.

Good luck to you.

Debra :)
    When I went shopping in February, the saleswoman at Lexus of Nashville-North was ready to deal. I don't know how much over invoice she would have taken, but I'm sure it would have been reasonable. I'd try to aim for about 88% of MSRP, if possible.
  • Thanks for all of your help!
    ... got a good deal last week.
    MSRP - $38,669 (Loaded w/ Nav & Mark Lev)
    Invoice - $34,254
    Paid - $34,454 (thought $200 over invoice was good)
    89.09%
  • davidzdavidz Posts: 35
    I'm shopping for a 2005 ES330 for my mother who lives in southeast Florida. I live in Ohio. I emailed a dealer nearby her home and got no response. I, then, filled out the form on the web and the Internet salesman emailed me back and said "gee, what do they want for an ES in Ohio?" I emailed him back that the car was for my mother and she lives near his dealership. So, far, I haven't heard back from him. Is this the way it works? Don't they want to sell cars?

When I look to contact the other nearby dealers, I noticed that they all ask you to fill out the same web form. I wonder, do they share this information? Do they know what other dealers you've asked for quotes? Something about this seems very fishy. I'd be much more comfortable if they'd just give you an email address.
    A lot of dealers will use a webpage template to save costs on designing a website.

Many Infiniti dealers use the same template on their websites. The dealers in Nashville, Memphis, Louisville, and Huntsville share the same website design. All they did was change a few things. Its a great way to cut costs.

Have you considered buying the car in Ohio and then driving it to your mother in Florida, and then flying back home?
  • davidzdavidz Posts: 35
    It's waaaaaaaay to far to bother driving.

As far as email is concerned, faaghhhhetttaboutit. I'm just going to negotiate by phone. I don't understand how people can negotiate a car purchase by email, anyway.
  • bikegalbikegal Posts: 50
    You tell them how much you are willing to pay. Period. They either accept or reject offer.
  • tinypoemtinypoem Posts: 26
    Ok Just got a black one here in Southern California. Premium package with the wood steering wheel, heated seats etc for $30,300 plus TTL (about $33792 OTD here in LA. Dealer also threw in $300 voucher for future service credit. I hope that was a good deal but im not sure...
This discussion has been closed.