Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Low Pressure on All Four Tires - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Dodge
imageLow Pressure on All Four Tires - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

After 13,000 miles and multiple trips to the track, our long-term 2015 Dodge Viper may need some new tires.

Read the full story here

Comments

• saskman02saskman02 Member Posts: 3
    Viper has 6 lug wheels. Mustang has 5. I'm going out on a limb here and saying absolutely not.
    Before looking at that picture, I didn't know 6 lug wheels on cars were a thing.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Over the years that I have been lurking here, I have seen so many instances of TPMS telling you folks your tires are all low on various LT cars. I would say the issue is that you are going too long between queries, either using the TPMS or via a tire gauge, of the tires' pressure levels. Summer has ended and temps are dropping...and that means you have to recheck pressures.

I'm going to go out on a limb and estimate that the likelihood of your Viper's four tires all having identical-loss-rate slow leaks is infinitesimal.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Here's what I don't understand about the whole "we fill your tires with Nitrogen" argument. If Nitrogen is such a benefit, then why does pressure drop so early in the tire's life. Of course, these are just 220 wear tires (if that means anything) and $1,364 (base cost) to replace a set from Tire Rack, so who cares? You'll be buying a new set every (best case every other) year anyway.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Winter is coming, so you can expect the pressures to be low.
  • tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    It looks like the engine is running but the oil pressure is 0. Am I missing something?
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    OT here...I didn't realize this Viper had that much fender gap.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

It looks like the engine is running but the oil pressure is 0. Am I missing something?

I think that gauge is actually digital in that the line slowly moves upwards. So I think the gauge actually reads about 75%.