Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2001 Dodge Ram

1111213141517»

Comments

• warfishwarfish Posts: 117
    I wrote a while back about wanting to re
    place the 265s on my truck with 245s but couln't find any that fit my 8 inch rims. Well, thanks to the internet I found Uniroyal all season AWPs do fit the rims so I had a set put on a couple of weeks ago. I still am amazed at how much better the truck rides and handles with those Michelins gone. I was blaming the 2500 suspension when all along it was the tires.
    The extra rpms also make pulling the fifth wheel better, I can run in OD with the speedo reading 75+, which is actually about 72 to 73 with these tires and no hunting. Best decision I could have made and now I'm happy with my truck.
    I know these tires will not last as long as the Michelins but I'm happy to trade safety for a few more miles out of the tires. These tires stick to wet pavement like glue.
  • davids1davids1 Posts: 411
    By the way, I believe Michelin now owns Uniroyal. FYI.
  • warfishwarfish Posts: 117
    I don't know about that, but they do owm BF Goodrich. The tires that are sold as BF Goodrich are not Michelins, however.
    Most of the old tire companies have been bought out by off shore companies but that doesn't mean we only have three or four tires to chose from.
  • meredithmeredith Posts: 577
    For purposes of efficiency....

this topic is being frozen. Please continue these discussions in Topic 2142 2001 Dodge Ram - II. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.