Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Malibu Accessories & Modifications

12345679»

Comments

• gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    Just a warning, don't do it, most times the gages never work right again.
  • drill_sergentdrill_sergent Member Posts: 2
    why not? all the talk it seems like it might be easy? have u done it?
  • gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    No, but I have read in the J-body forum all the problems with getting the gages to work right after the needles were removed and reinstalled. If you don't intend to remove the needles no problem. Hey do it anyways and post how it came out.
  • 06malibult206malibult2 Member Posts: 3
    My question is: Why does it take so long for customizations to come out? I have an 06 Malibu sedan, and can't find squat for it. Even GM has a limited selection. I'm not looking for show car or fully pimped, I just want a few things to make it not look like every other one on the road.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    aftermarket product developers depend on market demand....the people who do aftermarket additions to their cars are ones that normally purchase a Malibu.....depends on your aftermarket features you are looking for...you can get custom rims now, body kits, interior items etc....you arent going to find much at all for performance enhancements...simply based on the engine type and design.....and again for the reason I mentioned above...most folks dont get a Malibu to make a street rod out of it
    I'm not looking for performance enhancements. I'm looking to personalize the look. I'm not even looking for show car. I merely want a few things to make the car mine. A few chrome accents, maybe a mesh grille.

In my search, I've found only a few pieces that the seller "thinks" will fit my car. Even GM only has a few items. Basically, I can add a spoiler that I'd have to get painted, mudflaps, and all-weather mats....
    again....the choice of the malibu is really a mid size family entry level sedan......thus any aftermarket parts are hard to come by for appearance purposes.....

try a search for dask kits....some places have external fittings as well...there are body kits available too..but once again you will have to get painted...thats industry standard.....

I have added custom rims....upsize tires, interior dash kit, mud flaps, vent visors and sunroof wind deflector to my Maxx....
    I have the mudflaps on the way. I have a chrome border with smoked plexiglass on the license plate. I have a 3rd taillight cover on the way.

I started looking toward a car bra, but I'm having a hard time finding a local source. All the web stores want $40 for shipping here.

I'm wavering on the interior dask kit. What color interior does your Maxx have?
    go look here in my garage to see pics of the maxx

http://www.carspace.com/pao/Albums/04%20Malibu%20Maxx/
  • yuryyury Member Posts: 146
    i once came across a plate that allows to install an aftermarker radio in Malibu. basically it's a plate that fits the non standart opeining and has it's one little display and buttons for DIC. I don't have a link right now, but i remember getting there after reading some topics on this forum. The price for the unit was about 170$.
  • morencyjmorencyj Member Posts: 8
    Hey,
    I like the hood deflector you have. Is that a factory one or where did you get it? I just picked up an 06 black maxx. So far so good!
    it is an aftermarket one..here is where I got mine from

http://www.wooddash.com/item/CHEVROLET_Wind_Deflectors_MALIBU_2004_2007_2
  • garthfan1061garthfan1061 Member Posts: 5
    4 words: Shoulda got the SS! I just bought one in black. SS has silver lined mesh grilles, round foglights, rear spoiler, dual chrome exhaust tips and 18 inch wheels. Really doesn't need much else to make it different than the other Maxx's out there. I'm currently thinking about getting some headlight covers, but thats about it. Will never be a jaw-dropping car, but very spunky to drive (for a midsize "extended" sedan) and sharp looking (SS model, not so sharp for the others)
  • sssuperstarsssuperstar Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my '06 Malibu SS in black also last thursday and let me tell you its a blast to drive.. I am looking for a few things as well.. my g/f is gonna prolly gonna buy either a gps or radar for our annivarsary and im looking for new front mats with the SS badge/logo on them..any ideas where I can find them or if they even exist?
    you can get custom mats at ggbailey....do a google search
  • yuryyury Member Posts: 146
    Hi All

Anyone has experience with rooftop boxes(and especially Karrite 18 cu. Ft. Enclosed Car-top Carrier? Seems like a good deal, but i don't know if it will fit my 05 Malibu. It says it fits most vehicles with rain gutters.

Anyhow, any experience is appreciated.
  • shortyflowshortyflow Member Posts: 5
    I recently came up on two tenzo racing bucket seats for 150.00 and threw those in my 04 malibu classic. They are biege and black. I had wanted to get replacement molded carpet for my, as well as a black headliner. If anyone could tell me where i could find either of these. or at least how to do the headliner myself i would appreciat it.
  • jcantrelljcantrell Member Posts: 1
    does anyone out there have info on a company that makes a lowering system for the 2006 malibu LT 4cyl! I'm in desperate need I've already found the exhaust sys and chip! please get back to me ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • david149david149 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Maxx SS and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for accessories or pictures...
    Thanks
    wow...you replied to a nearly 3 year old message.....sorry...had the kit installed for bout that long now in my 04 Maxx LT
  • jhammondsdjhammondsd Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there is a CD Aux in the back of the stereo unit, of so any links to instructions on how to remove the bezel would be appreciated.
  • rarnold1rarnold1 Member Posts: 3
    For the aux plugs; the answer is it depends - I think they exist only on the 6CD changer model. I was going to install a Sat. radio which had an RF jack; there was a cable you could purchase that ran out off it and into the antenna plug of the radio.

As far as the removal process; keep looking on the web, I found an instruction set a while back with diagrams but thought it too complicated to risk messing up the dash (inducing rattles and fit/finish after reinstallation) so I never did it. Ended up using RF transmitter.

Below is what I found online after a quick search. Looks about the same as I remember; basically removing a lot of screws/bolts and taking off panels other than the central one covering the radio.

1. Pop your hood and unhook your negative battery cable before removing your radio.
    2. Open your glove box and locate the two screws at the top portion of the glove box storage. Remove the screws.
    3. Unhook the "string" fasteners on each side of your glove box door. Unclip the glove box door and set it aside.
    4. Remove the screws securing the lower dash panel. The screws are in the driver's side footwell, close to the gas pedal.
    5. Remove the driver's side dash panel visible with the driver's door open. The panel is attached by clips and has a handle for removal (it's used for fuses).
    6. Remove the screw that becomes visible with the side dash panel removed. Pull the lower dash panel (below the steering column) off and set it aside.
    7. Use your hands to pop off the radio surround/center vent panel. With the previous panels removed, the radio surround panel comes off easily.
    8. Remove the four screws mounting the radio into the dash. Once the screws are removed, carefully pull the radio out and disconnect the factory wiring harness and the antenna cable.
This discussion has been closed.