Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Check out the latest from the Edmunds Editorial Team
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Honda Ridgeline Pickup Returns: 2016 Detroit Auto Show | Edmunds.com

2»

Comments

• It appears that we know more and more about less and less until we know everything about nothing! ;)
  • toledo73toledo73 Posts: 156
    lloyd5947 said:

It appears that we know more and more about less and less until we know everything about nothing! ;)

LOL, well said!
  • tom911tom911 Posts: 63
    toledo73 said:

Any updates on the actual release of the ridgeline??? Sounds like Honda is going the way of the Pilot, build up the demand, deliver just a few and jack up the price. Not good.

Embargo ends next week - should see pricing and test reviews immediately after embargo ends.
    tom911 said:

toledo73 said:

Any updates on the actual release of the ridgeline??? Sounds like Honda is going the way of the Pilot, build up the demand, deliver just a few and jack up the price. Not good.

Embargo ends next week - should see pricing and test reviews immediately after embargo ends.
    what embargo? Thanks
  • guitarzanguitarzan OhioPosts: 798
    edited May 2016
    Pricing:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1279754

The three thousand dollar premium of the fwd Ridgeline is the deciding factor for me. I'd prefer a Honda but will be getting a base model 4wd Tacoma instead.
    guitarzan said:

Pricing:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1279754

The three thousand dollar premium of the fwd Ridgeline is the deciding factor for me. I'd prefer a Honda but will be getting a base model 4wd Tacoma instead.

The Tacoma prices out at 26K for v6, 4wd, extended? I get a higher price.
  • guitarzanguitarzan OhioPosts: 798
    edited May 2016
    I am comparing base models which is I4 vs V6, (as well as 4wd vs. fwd) you are right. I need 4wd but I do not care what engine I get. So the Tacoma I4 4wd at $26,500 wins over the fwd Ridgeline V6 at about 3 grand more.
    guitarzan said:

I am comparing base models which is I4 vs V6, (as well as 4wd vs. fwd) you are right. I need 4wd but I do not care what engine I get. So the Tacoma I4 4wd at $26,500 wins over the fwd Ridgeline V6 at about 3 grand more.

OK, but man you may be happier with a 6. Good luck what ever you choose.
    Finally had a chance to check it out. Did not drive, but sat in it, played with tailgate action and rear seats. I was surprised how large this truck is. This is NOT a midsize truck. Only had 3 at 37K price, so no interest. Only need base. But there is no dealing. Like the pilot, no deals and wait for what you want to come in.
    Drove one last night - Black Edition - top of the line. Drove very nice and it was quiet. However, the fact that Honda chose to only put the opening rear window and CarPlay on the two highest end models is a no go for me. $42K is too much for me to get those two options. I'll stick with my 2009 RTL and save $30K.
    tom911 said:

Drove one last night - Black Edition - top of the line. Drove very nice and it was quiet. However, the fact that Honda chose to only put the opening rear window and CarPlay on the two highest end models is a no go for me. $42K is too much for me to get those two options. I'll stick with my 2009 RTL and save $30K.

Did it handle well. Similar to an suv, pilot, etc? Thanks
    edited June 2016
    toledo73 said:

tom911 said:

Did it handle well. Similar to an suv, pilot, etc? Thanks
    Yes, very much like a Pilot or SUV - similar to my two previous MDX's (2003 and 2013).
  • scottc3scottc3 Posts: 137
    Thought I'd make an August post as things quiet down. I just starting to look for a truck to replace my great Prius - as we have moved from CA to CO. I do a bit of fishing and kayaking and something similar to the Ridgeline will be much better for me. Prices seem still too high and other Toyota products have incentives and lower prices as some have explained above. I have not driven one yet but I don't, for a second, look forward to the car buying experience... will hate it as always.. The good news, my Prius is in great condition and with only 100K on the car and the battery guaranteed for 150K (California product) I have time to sit tight and wait for better pricing.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    You just need a roof rack. :)

I've been avoiding speculating on when the prices might go down in your pricing discussion, since I don't have any good guesses either.

The good news for buyers is that car sales have plateaued and may even be falling a bit.

The "bad" news is that gas is cheap so demand for pickups and SUVs continues to be strong.
2»