Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Codes p0700 and p0722

farrahsmithfarrahsmith Member Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in Dodge
Now here is the scoop. Driving fine..then apply the brakes to slow down. Now the car will not go over 10 to 15 mph. My rpm is at 3500. Cvt tranny I pull over..turn the car off..wait a while. .then try it again...this time all is fine. I slow down..apply the brakes and make a left turn...car gets up to 60 mph. All is fine...I get close to home..I slow down..turn right..pull in..and back in trouble...10 to 15 mph..and d 3500 rpm and that's all the car will do?...code reads p0700 and p0722. But the inter web is all over the place...but no real solutions...help?

Comments

• Options
    farrahsmithfarrahsmith Member Posts: 2
    This is a 2007 dodge caliber sxt. 148000 miles. Thanks
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    When the code P0722 is set in the Powertrain Computer, it means that the Powertrain Computer or PCM is not seeing a proper speed signal from the Transmission's Output Speed Sensor, or reads a greater than a specified RPM difference between the rotational speed of the Input RPM Sensor and the Transmission Output RPM Sensor

Common Problems That Trigger the P0722 Code

Defective Output Speed Sensor
    Defective Shift Solenoids
    Defective Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
    Defective Valve Body
    Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages
    Defective Output Speed Sensor wiring or connector