Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,800
    Saw my first Buick Sportbrake thingy in the wild yesterday right here in my home town. Nothing terribly special, but good looking, and it stood out enough that I spotted it coming at me from far away.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,604
    Big wagons used to be everywhere. Now they really stand out. Sad.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

a new style Altima with temp tags. Nice looking. sharper than the old one, but looks lower, and quite a bit (especially in profile) like an Accord. Interior was nice.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,800
    stickguy said:

a new style Altima with temp tags. Nice looking. sharper than the old one, but looks lower, and quite a bit (especially in profile) like an Accord. Interior was nice.

Now also,available with AWD and a turbo instead of the V6

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,520
    Saw a brand new Sienna "SE".. all black, clear taillights and black wheels. I never really got the idea of a sporty Minivan.

Not the first time it's been done.... head over to Mystery Car Pix

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,440
    tjc78 said:

Saw a brand new Sienna "SE".. all black, clear taillights and black wheels. I never really got the idea of a sporty Minivan.

Not the first time it's been done.... head over to Mystery Car Pix

Dodge has a sporty trim level for their Caravan too with blacked out light housings and black wheels, black grille and trim. I guess when the same design has been out for a decade they need new ideas for trim levels to help sell it.

boomchek: driven 10,000+ cars, sold 1000+ cars, owned 50+ cars

out car shopping today, saw a Stinger in an odd flat battleship gray. Not at all attractive. Not sure why, but it was parked at the Honda dealer.

also a Lincoln Nautilus. Dumb name, but pretty sharp looking car. Replacement for the MKX (iow the Lincoln Edge)

Explorer based, right?

could be. Did not look that big, but could be just the styling.

• texasestexases Posts: 8,846
    The Aviator is the 3-row Explorer derivative. 
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, but old truck based Explorer both disc

The Nautilus is still the Edge based model like the MKX was. I just looked it up.

that is what it looked like to me. I mentioned the edge to the salesguy and he didn't correct it!

tjc78 said:

Yeah, but old truck based Explorer both disc

The Nautilus is still the Edge based model like the MKX was. I just looked it up.

Nope, new Aviator is based on new Explorer.
    Ok.... now I feel better.  I knew there was supposed to be an Explorer based new Lincoln SUV.  I just didn’t realize the MKX was being renamed to Nautilus.  All makes sense now. 

Thanks! 

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,611
    I believe the Aviator is supposed is going to get released fist, so technically Explorer is a derivative of the Aviator.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • berriberri Posts: 9,931
    From what I've read, the next gen Explorer/Aviator will be unibody rear wheel drive or optional AWD, but still RWD favored when AWD not needed. Should be interesting.
    Interesting. Does it have any relationship to the Mustang chassis?  I thought they were going to use that for some new vehicle. 
    I don't know. They'd have to extend that quite a bit for a large 3 seat SUV. But I think Ford is planning on some other crossovers in the next couple of years as well. I also think Ford (and Honda) is beginning to use some sort of AWD system that shifts power between all four wheels in some popular priced vehicles. It would be nice to see Ford step into the limelight for awhile after years of nothing much special.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 47,719
    Saw a new style Altima on the road, apparent rental. Looks like an improvement, although the faux floating C-pillar can't go away soon enough.
    Saw a new Avalon this morning. A stunning combination of bland and ghastly.
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 5,192
    The other day I saw a mint Mercury Grand Marquis. Driven by an old lady. From the appearance and license plate number, I'd guess it was late 80s-early 90's vintage. I'll be it had at least 20K miles on it...
    Don't know where to put this, but as the Lambo Uterus is now a real thing, this is worth a laugh:

They lowered the roofline for a new streamlined design B)
    There was a recent article (on Jalopnik?) about how Pontiac was just ahead of their time, given the current CUV craze.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,742
    texases said:

There was a recent article (on Jalopnik?) about how Pontiac was just ahead of their time, given the current CUV craze.

I'm in total agreement with that.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

same as AMC. The Eagle would have saved the company if it came out 20-30 years later. Look what the outback did for subaru.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Spotted a Lexus LC500. Very impressive car from all angles....except the front. It was parked so I gave it a good lookover for a few minutes, from all angles. Loved the sculpted body panels and tried to adjust to the front grille but I couldn't get myself to accept it as "part of the whole".
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,440
    Oh cmon, the Urus is a good design. Probably the best looking out of most of the luxury SUVs. The Bentayga and Levante for example are not elegant designs at all.

Betayga proportions look weird and the Levante could pass off as a generic $30k modern SUV.

boomchek: driven 10,000+ cars, sold 1000+ cars, owned 50+ cars

I am not sure how one sees out of the Urus, but I also strongly doubt the target demographic cares, or usually looks before reversing or turning to begin with. All of these super-priced new age SUVs are dull in their own way, or maybe I am just jaded against who will end up behind the wheel of them in my neighborhood.

Saw a NSX last night, the RLX of supercars.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    stickguy said:

same as AMC. The Eagle would have saved the company if it came out 20-30 years later. Look what the outback did for subaru.

AMC didn't survive long enough to develop the Eagle (which needed a LOT of development). Even the early Subarus were pretty rough pieces of work, but by the 1990s they were functionally a lot better. Then Subaru could finally afford a Styling Department in the early 2000s.