Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,688
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

That’s when we will be there. Then over to oscars for our traditional lunch!

Tell us more about Oscars..

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,596
    edited February 1
    Oscars. The dive bar that time forgot. I first went there in the mid 80s, and it’s basically exactly the same. Not even sure they mopped the bathroom floor. But great cheesesteaks and onion rings, and cheap draft beer. Cash only, which keeps away the younger generations.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/oscars-tavern-philadelphia

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 122,608
    stickguy said:

Oscars. The dive bar that time forgot. I first went there in the mid 80s, and it’s basically exactly the same. Not even sure they mopped the bathroom floor. But great cheesesteaks and onion rings, and cheap draft beer. Cash only, which keeps away the younger generations.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/oscars-tavern-philadelphia

Nice!

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• berriberri Posts: 9,922
    ...unless you have heartburn problems. Seriously though, Philly is a very good food town.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 3,357
    At the Jag dealer this morning getting annual state inspection (and they washed/vacuumed the XF, nice), in the lot a brand new (no plates) white Lamborghini Urus. Big, slick and imposing. Probably traded for an F-Pace...

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,605
    @laurasdada,
    So how does it drive? :)
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
    Not sure, Ex4. But it tastes just like chicken!

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

So, you sampled the carbon fiber? :)
  • fintailfintail Posts: 47,714
    From another forum, spotted on a Veloster N:

LOLOLOL
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I'm afraid to ask what a "cup guard" is. :s
  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,858
    fintail said:

From another forum, spotted on a Veloster N:

LOLOLOL

Wow, that's Golf R territory at that price. Well, a sucker is born every minute.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '17 VW Golf Alltrack SE 4-Motion 1.8T, '16 Kia Optima LX 1.6T
    $795 for a Perma Plate Fiber Guard! Now, that's a steal!
    And, I assume "Market Adjustment" is a special order paint color, so worth it...

Customers need to vote with their feet. There are plenty of other options out there!
    I like how "Market Adjustment" is a "Dealer Installed Option", indeed.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,688
    I saw a Veloster N here in Colorado with a similar $5k bump. Somebody will want to be the first on their block.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Just like with the full load Stingers locally that had a 10K markup (and nobody bought).
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,794
    I just searched autotrader and found 30 within 100 miles of me, and only 3 of those are marked up over MSRP.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    So the dealers can take down the pedestrian barriers that were protecting their front door from buyers?
    Saw a new RAV 4 up close today, kind of a butch take on a Jeep Cherokee.
    Saw a new RAV 4 up close today, kind of a butch take on a Jeep Cherokee.
    Am I reading that wrong? Did you just call a RAV4 butch??

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

Yes I did, 'butch' compared to a Cherokee. They look like cousins, but it's not the better looking one.
    Have you seen one?
    I saw one at Costco the other day. Personally, thought they looked better in pictures than in person. Dealer had something like $2k added on to the sticker. Yeah, right.
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,515
    edited February 10
    I’m not sure if the RAV is an improvement or not...

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

Yes I did, 'butch' compared to a Cherokee. They look like cousins, but it's not the better looking one. Have you seen one?
    Just pics. Are you thinking of the Compass?

Went to the new car show today.

I’d take a Cherokee over the RAV4, all day long

Edmunds Moderator

Also, this:

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,596
    oh yeah, the Jeep PU was really cool too.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

Cherokee and Compass look pretty similar, so a butch version of either one. :)
  • fushigifushigi Chicago suburbsPosts: 1,459
    Wife was, for some reason, rather enamored with the Jeep Rubicon p/u at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday.

I can't say there was any one vehicle or brand that totally wowed me. Seemed like a very incremental show if you know what I mean. Nothing revolutionary & only a couple of concept cars. But at least Maserati & Alpha Romeo, who historically disallowed or limited butts-in-seats were much more open. Porsche had every single car locked like they were actually special or something.

My best in show vote would probably go to the full-size Chevy Silverado p/u built from 334,000 Legos.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    stickguy said:

oh yeah, the Jeep PU was really cool too.

I tried for five minutes to get a clear shot, then just gave up. Oh well, at least he was pulling his pants up.

Edmunds Moderator