Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,480
    THis one is not new either but it is sitting outside my son’s dojo right now.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 5,187
    I was recently in Chile for the first time and I saw this truck in Santiago.
    Chinese vehicles are definitely happening - this wasn't a rare find.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 31,793
    I’d but something called a “Wingle”. Fun name!

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,480
    My question is: with the 3 different names on there, which is the manufacturer, model, and trim? Is it a Denco Great Wall Wingle 5? A Great Wall Wingle 5 in Denco trim? A Wingle 5 Denco Great Wall? ....

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 113,618
    I'm pretty sure that Great Wall is the make, Wingle 5 is the model.
    CRDi is common rail diesel

Not familiar with Derco, unless it's a parent company to Great Wall

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yesterday, Lexus IS 250 AWD F-Sport

It had a lot of crap on the back, as well.

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,721
    The fit and finish looks Chinese like... the bumper isn't level.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '17 VW Golf Alltrack SE 4-Motion 1.8T, '16 Kia Optima LX 1.6T
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 5,187
    andres3 said:

The fit and finish looks Chinese like... the bumper isn't level.

I'm pretty sure it had been banged up a bit.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,272
    I don't expect life is easy for a working truck in Chile.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 2,314
    I saw a ton of those Great Wall trucks in Chile. They have to be eating market share in SA. Nissan still seemed pretty popular.

18 Tesla 3 Perf. / 15.5 XC70 T6 / 16 Soul EV

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,392
    Those can't be backup sensors on the bumper, right? :s
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 103,798
    qbrozen said:

My question is: with the 3 different names on there, which is the manufacturer, model, and trim? Is it a Denco Great Wall Wingle 5? A Great Wall Wingle 5 in Denco trim? A Wingle 5 Denco Great Wall? ....

Couldn't "Denco" or "Derco" be the dealer name?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Derco is a dealer or distributor in Chile.

https://www.dercocenter.cl/busqueda/

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Posts: 47,144
    In Vancouver for a few days, the land of sketchy offshore-based money, where 18 year old "students" in Lambos and McLarens are a common sight. Have only seen one of those so far (bright blue, subtle and classy), also saw a G550 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4 with all kinds of signage, apparently used in some kind of rally. Biggest difference from the Seattle zoo is the amount of X2s - they are everywhere here.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 103,798
    fintail said:

In Vancouver for a few days, the land of sketchy offshore-based money, where 18 year old "students" in Lambos and McLarens are a common sight. Have only seen one of those so far (bright blue, subtle and classy), also saw a G550 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4 with all kinds of signage, apparently used in some kind of rally. Biggest difference from the Seattle zoo is the amount of X2s - they are everywhere here.

Is the X2 available with different engines north of the border?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

fintail said:

There's a Brit on YouTube ranting about all the troubles with his new McLaren. In 7 months, he's been able to drive the car 21 days.

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 9,859
    That sounds like Clarkson a few years ago when he bought his GT40.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

The poor guy is so bent out of shape about his McLaren, and he insists he's tried everything to get McLaren to even TALK to him. So he's launching a social media war to get them to phone him. Says this has cost him over 300,000 BP.

edited March 22
    If there are any engine variances on the X2, they are minor. No diesel or anything else interesting.

Went to the Vancouver auto show today, kind of a letdown - no MB, no BMW, Kind of weird, but I know MB has skipped out here in the past, and other places recently. The rest of the show had normal stuff as expected. I was impressed with the luxury spec Dodge truck, pretty nice rig. White was not a color I would pick for a display Avalon, but Toyota thought it was a good idea. A purple Mirage was good for a laugh, and the Nissan Micra is fun to see. Some car, I think a lower model Hyunkia or Mitsu CUV, had iffy fit and finish on some exterior trim, not good for a show car. In the exotic section saw the Marie Antoinette Rolls-Royce Cullinan, a couple McLaren Senna, various Lambo and Ferrari etc. Exchange rates make some things decent for Murkan tourists right now, too.
  • texasestexases Posts: 8,692
    I may go to the Dallas show this weekend. Also no BMW, which happened before, but MB will be there. No Mini this year, guess BMW's cutting back everything.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 31,793
    Philly also had no BMW this year. That’s a big show so I was surprised.

MB was there, but they always have a huge display. Ditto Lexus. Those 2 have a hall by themselves. MB had at least 12-15 cars.

Caddy was the other big name brand missing.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

edited March 22
    Porsche rolled out its new Cayenne Coupe on Instagram today. A SUV with less interior room!

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• berriberri Posts: 9,696
    Personally, I think BMW is losing a bit of it's cache. There are plenty of other options out there.
    I am waiting for these to not be rare sights:

I suppose it is a 21st century version of this, so it fits with the company ethos:

Thinking of a good plate, maybe "EATCAKE" or "UNDRTXD".
  • berriberri Posts: 9,696
    God Save The Queen B)
    Is that the new Kelvinator?

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,392
    Pretty funny, side by side with separate freezer compartment on the far left. :)
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
    A Ferrari thingy from the show, with a pretty view. At least it is blue, so it has that going for it, which is nice:

A Ferarri that color just doesn't seem right.

Much better on a Mustang!