Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 47,362
    Someone at work has a new Panamera, saw it for the first time today.

As I work in kind of a tech-adjacent field, some of those who got in back in the day and cashed in are swimming in money, so the new wagon doesn't stick out at all in the parking garage.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,040
    My sister lives in N. Virginia, near where AOL HQ is (or was?). Anyway, this was before they hit big and went public. The early employees all had stock options which when they vested, were worth a bundle. She said the next day the parking lot was flooded with fancy new cars.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

Saw 2x Eclipse today, not the cool 90s DSM legend, but the one of a million tall small CUVs.
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,277
    I saw one the other day... don’t get using that name

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

It might be the most offensive old name revival in a long time. I know some are irked by the new Blazer, but I suspect it is a much more competent vehicle than the 85 S10 Blazer my dad had back in the day.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,551
    I like the new Blazer. What I don’t like is GM’s ambitious pricing across all product lines. They all seem over priced.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL/Nav

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,600
    edited April 21
    sda said:

I like the new Blazer. What I don’t like is GM’s ambitious pricing across all product lines. They all seem over priced.

I think they figure they'll just work it like a clothing store. Mark it all up 50% so you can have a 50% off sale and folks think they are getting a bargain.

Besides, while I haven't dived too deeply, it seems to be priced in line with the Grand Cherokee

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

I saw one of them on the road. Looked nice enough.

Yeah it will sell well too. It's pricing is inline with everything else in the segment.

What is it exactly? Chevy's version of the Acadia?

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,600
    tjc78 said:

Yeah it will sell well too. It's pricing is inline with everything else in the segment.

What is it exactly? Chevy's version of the Acadia?

yes

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• texasestexases Posts: 8,754
    edited April 22
    The Blazer's not a rebadged Acadia (that has 3 rows of seats, right?). It's a shortened Traverse, kind of like the Passport compared to the Pilot.
    Not one but 2 E class convertibles. The butt does not look like MB at all to me. But attractive.

My first X7. Large...
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,457
    But that grille, that grille..... :s

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

I only got to see that monster set of kidneys in the rear-view, still BIG!
    What?

texases said:

The Blazer's not a rebadged Acadia (that has 3 rows of seats, right?). It's a shortened Traverse, kind of like the Passport compared to the Pilot.

I think they are all closely related...

A quick Google shows they are all on the C1XX platform, the Traverse and Enclave are the long wheel base versions. It used to be the Enclave, Traverse and Acadia were all the same.

Surprised Caddy doesn't have a long wheel version too (it's probably coming)

edited April 22
    tjc78 said:

texases said:

I think they are all closely related...

A quick Google shows they are all on the C1XX platform, the Traverse and Enclave are the long wheel base versions. It used to be the Enclave, Traverse and Acadia were all the same.

Surprised Caddy doesn't have a long wheel version too (it's probably coming)
    Yeah, I should have stated that better.

Ask, and you shall receive (if you were referring to a Caddy C1XXX), but it's a three row on the shorter chassis:
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25861430/2020-cadillac-xt6-three-row-photos-info/
  • jpp75jpp75 DenverPosts: 1,387
    qbrozen said:

sda said:

I think they figure they'll just work it like a clothing store. Mark it all up 50% so you can have a 50% off sale and folks think they are getting a bargain.

Besides, while I haven't dived too deeply, it seems to be priced in line with the Grand Cherokee
    I sat in one at the auto show, it felt OK for a $35k vehicle, then @michaell looked at the sticker and it was north of $46k. Nice try Chevy, the Passport is way better inside.

I don't know why but GM is stuck on the interior by Fisher Price mantra.
    Today on the road saw an A-class, big Subaru, BMW 8er.
    New X5 today, new style Altima (likely rental).
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,480
    I've seen a couple of new Altima's, looked like lower trims and also likely rentals.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,414
    We were in Florida, last week.. Already hundreds of new rental Altimas running around

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 107,413
    kyfdx said:

We were in Florida, last week.. Already hundreds of new rental Altimas running around

And you ended up with a Corolla?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,414
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

And you ended up with a Corolla?
    Small airport, no Emerald Aisle.

On the plus side, since I'm an Emerald Club member, I got to skip the 30 person waiting line, and was in my car within 5 minutes. I took the keys, and beat it! ;)

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

When I traveled and rented frequently, I loved Emerald Aisle. It saved so much time. I think now all the majors have something similar.

Yep, Hertz has it too, also tiered like most of the rest.

Speaking of Nissan, I read somewhere that a full third of their sales are fleet, in the US anyway. For some models like Sentra and Altima, probably more than that.
    What happened to Nissan?  They used to make some interesting stuff.

Now nothing is really bad, but nothing that great either.  The only thing I’d consider would be a Maxima or some of the Infiniti models.  

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,025
    tjc78 said:

What happened to Nissan?  They used to make some interesting stuff.

Now nothing is really bad, but nothing that great either.  The only thing I’d consider would be a Maxima or some of the Infiniti models.  

My sense is that they have taken the penny-pinching to the max, hence the CTV automatics, etc.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

edited April 27
    Nissan still sells a lot, but I think has some image issues. Whenever I see a new one, I think "rental", and I can't imagine who'd buy a new Sentra in this day and age, unless it was insanely cheap.

Co-worker of mine has a 13 Rogue, bought as a low mileage demo. She beats the hell out of it, even using it for farm duty, and has ~90K on it now. It has had zero issues.